List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with all of that except that I don't think we will be improved by targeting someone who sits in that 15-22. We need better than that. We should create depth by pushing down, getting good footballers and shuffling our pre existing players in that 15-22 further down the order. Not sure Ellis makes us better I guess.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, I agree that that's the way ideal list management would work. Don't get me wrong, I actually think he would be best 22, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying go get him. The reason why I do think he would be of value though is that we lack experienced AFL players in that sort of 23-27 age group. We've got a lot in their late 20s/early 30s and a lot of talent under 22. More players in that range would help transition as those older guys get phased out. I think it's good list management to have a list demographic that is evenly spread in terms of age.

Yeah, I agree that that's the way ideal list management would work. Don't get me wrong, I actually think he would be best 22, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying go get him. The reason why I do think he would be of value though is that we lack experienced AFL players in that sort of 23-27 age group. We've got a lot in their late 20s/early 30s and a lot of talent under 22. More players in that range would help transition as those older guys get phased out. I think it's good list management to have a list demographic that is evenly spread in terms of age.
Without counting I would say we have a at least a dozen in that 23-27 bracket, the bulk of who played senior footy this year. The problem isn't the number, but the quality of that group. Adding another player like Ellis does not enhance that demographic if that is the reason to recruit him

15 in fact in that demographic. Brown being the best and likely only A grader. Question is, is he an upgrade on Dumont or Polec? Definitely not on Polec, and not enough if at all on Dumont to warrant his recruiting.

Free agency is what makes Ellis appealing. Not having to give anything up and getting a player who would be in the 15-25 range of your squad is enticing. Can play wing or hbf

His salary would be the average wage and we have plenty of cap space
Mate if you hate JMac I give you a month tops with Ellis before you start beating that drum

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Free agency is what makes Ellis appealing. Not having to give anything up and getting a player who would be in the 15-25 range of your squad is enticing. Can play wing or hbf

Free is not always better

Look at Wells , Hannebery ect

You're obsession with other club's offcuts is comical. You bemoan JMac yet you pine for players that are not as good.
I’m willing to find out

Why you can see him play now. He isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be silly Macmillan is nowhere near the players mentioned

And Ellis year has been good to date

You're mainly on your own there so you can spitball that amongst yourself.

Without counting I would say we have a at least a dozen in that 23-27 bracket, the bulk of who played senior footy this year. The problem isn't the number, but the quality of that group. Adding another player like Ellis does not enhance that demographic if that is the reason to recruit him
If you look at the non-KPPs in that group off the top of my head, Garner, Jacobs and Wood all have question marks over their future for one reason or another. The only players that are clearly better and/or more physically reliable than him are Dumont and Polec.

Dumont is probably the most analogous player on our list. Ellis and Dumont are actually perfect examples of the wing men that Mitch Robinson wrote about the other week, and how the role of the wing man these days is not to be a ball hunter but to be positionally disciplined, structurally sound and to be able to do a lot of defensive running. Dumont is elite in this position and one of our top 10 players imo, and Scott has potential, but they're the only two that really fit the role.

As I said, he's not a get at all costs type of player, but I see the value in him as a recruit from both a depth in his role pov and a list demographic pov.

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere but I’m heading out of Adelaide we’ve been asking about Alex Keath & they want Durdin.
I’d be heading out of Adelaide too... its a shithole..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back