List Mgmt. 2019 trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

haha yep, thing is I can't see a trade that works well for both clubs unless something really wacky happens e.g. sloane requests a trade.

Agreed, I think you guys will want well in excess of pick one for Grundy, and why wouldn’t you? He’s the kind of player you hope you might get with pick, he’s in his prime and you guys are in the “premiership window”. I’d expect you to demand pick 1 plus another 1st rounder, or quality player.

Pick 1 gets overrated by the media, fans and some clubs I suspect too. Well run recruiting departments like Collingwood, like Adelaide, don’t.

Agreed, I think you guys will want well in excess of pick one for Grundy, and why wouldn’t you? He’s the kind of player you hope you might get with pick, he’s in his prime and you guys are in the “premiership window”. I’d expect you to demand pick 1 plus another 1st rounder, or quality player.

Pick 1 gets overrated by the media, fans and some clubs I suspect too. Well run recruiting departments like Collingwood, like Adelaide, don’t.
Definitely true. How many of the last 20 pick 1 & 2's are better than the current Heath Grundy?

Only the 4 GWS selections (Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Taranto) could be considered elite, or near-elite footballers. Walsh looks good, but too early to make a call on him.

However, I'm still in the camp that says we keep our pick 1/2 this year, and try for Grundy the following year as a free agent.

1558743740037.png

No chance that Collingwood would demand more than pick 1 and one of Rowell or Anderson.

In one years time they will get pick 14-18 if he leaves.

Definitely true. How many of the last 20 pick 1 & 2's are better than the current Heath Grundy?

Only the 4 GWS selections (Coniglio, Whitfield, Kelly, Taranto) could be considered elite, or near-elite footballers. Walsh looks good, but too early to make a call on him.

However, I'm still in the camp that says we keep our pick 1/2 this year, and try for Grundy the following year as a free agent.

View attachment 680048
I think most of them are better than the recently retired Heath Grundy, but not many are as good as Brodie Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where can we get some decent midfielders?

Mids who can actually kick and carry?

Not talking about run and carry demons in the Dmac mode, just mids who can carry it out of a stoppage and hit a target by foot without sending it into orbit

Some bloke by the name of Henderson at the Hawks has polled more votes in the Coaches award than any Crow. Wonder what it would take to poach him.

BA3206FF-F16A-4067-9C6B-B0512621F85C.png

Where can we get some decent midfielders?

Mids who can actually kick and carry?

Not talking about run and carry demons in the Dmac mode, just mids who can carry it out of a stoppage and hit a target by foot without sending it into orbit
Milera, Smith

Milera, Smith
Smith is never moving into the middle. We've stamped him HBF. I still remember him wanting to move into the mids circa 2014. I've given up on it ever happening.

Milera gets the odd appearance.

Problem is when you play journeymen like CEY or projects like Greenwood who are just bigger worse versions of Crouch we end up pushing Milera mostly out to wherever we can fit him because we've stamped him 'versatile'

Smith is never moving into the middle. We've stamped him HBF. I still remember him wanting to move into the mids circa 2014. I've given up on it ever happening.

Milera gets the odd appearance.

Problem is when you play journeymen like CEY or projects like Greenwood who are just bigger worse versions of Crouch we end up pushing Milera mostly out to wherever we can fit him because we've stamped him 'versatile'
I get what you're saying, but Smith has been starting in the middle on occasion. Doubt it would ever be a more full time gig though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back