List Mgmt. 2019 trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we don’t have mid season trades, according to the AFL website we had a list topping 5 players that other clubs should target, mainly from our starting 22 when playing to potential; Gibbs, Jenkins, Greenwood, Atkins and Galluci.

Pretty amusing that the article said we would target Jack Martin for more midfield pace while another club targets Galluci.

I’m sure AFL journalists just see Crows as a feeder club.

Names dropped this year for trade in various media have been frequent and varied; Keath, Jenkins, Gibbs, Greenwood. Essentially anyone who emerges or hasn’t played all the games. The media can’t help but insinuate shipping off Crows at bargain basement prices.
The suggestion that we could offer a second round pick for Jack Martin says a lot about the quality of that article.

Lachie Weller says hi.

I have watched a lot of Gold Coast games and think they would benefit greatly from those players.
They are like Carlton no point in taking too many young kids. You need balance

those players would be equiv to pick 2. They may or may not want more

Lachie Weller says hi.

I have watched a lot of Gold Coast games and think they would benefit greatly from those players.
They are like Carlton no point in taking too many young kids. You need balance

those players would be equiv to pick 2. They may or may not want more

I think he was really polite in response.

It was an incredibly implausible trade.

You proposed a second round pick and three players, all of whom were worth third round picks (or so) for the second pick in the draft.

If a club is rebuilding, that's the LAST thing they should do.

That's like saying "I heard you're saving money - let me trade you three twenty cent pieces and a button for a dollar coin."

Have more things doesn't equal having more value.

Also - Lachie Weller was a TERRIBLE trade, but it happened because a young first round pick said they were willing to commit longterm to a club that couldn't retain players.

That has nothing to do with a club trading foolishly, and the likes of it will never happen again. You only get one Lachie Weller.

I think he was really polite in response.

It was an incredibly implausible trade.

You proposed a second round pick and three players, all of whom were worth third round picks (or so) for the second pick in the draft.

If a club is rebuilding, that's the LAST thing they should do.

That's like saying "I heard you're saving money - let me trade you three twenty cent pieces and a button for a dollar coin."

Have more things doesn't equal having more value.
I wasn't trying to be rude.

Just highlighting Lachie Weller :)

Also - Lachie Weller was a TERRIBLE trade, but it happened because a young first round pick said they were willing to commit longterm to a club that couldn't retain players.

That has nothing to do with a club trading foolishly, and the likes of it will never happen again. You only get one Lachie Weller.
just out of interest what would you rate JJ, Ratkins and hulk as draft picks?

If you are rebuilding you probably would.
I think a club doing a heavy rebuild (since clubs nearly always rebuild every year, just a matter of degree), they're better off trading a pick 1 for two or more later first round picks to build up their numbers of quality players. There ought to be cheaper ways of getting in experienced players to guide the youth.

just out of interest what would you rate JJ, Ratkins and hulk as draft picks?
I would think now
JJ = 3rd - 4th round pick...but maybe less due to his salary
Atkins = 2nd-3rd round pick..I would feel relatively confident of getting a 30's pick for him
Poholke = 4th round pick...this is absolutely spitballing but it could be lower

I think a club doing a heavy rebuild (since clubs nearly always rebuild every year, just a matter of degree), they're better off trading a pick 1 for two or more later first round picks to build up their numbers of quality players. There ought to be cheaper ways of getting in experienced players to guide the youth.
I find it really hard to rate our players firstly due to bias, but also as we are probably too critical.

JJ has kicked 45 goals for the last 4 years, is out of favour.
Ratkins best 22 winger, highs are great but goes missing
Hulk played out of position next couple in line

Random ramblings...

Given we clearly rate Himmelberg, surely part of dropping Jenkins is to pull the exit door ajar and suggest Josh may wish to walk through it, opening up a decent chunk of salary cap space for the next two years (and 2020 cap space that can be rolled over into 2021) giving us a better shot at Grundy as a Free Agent?

Landing Grundy through FA with a massive financial offer that the star-laden Pies are unable to match (and it'd need to be a huge amount to cover the side deals Eddie can offer Collingwood players) would be a massive, massive coup. And enable us to keep our picks, including whatever we bring in for Jenkins.

I'd cop having Jacobs and O'Brien as our rucks again for 2020 if we could have five years of Brodie Grundy beyond that.

This side could be bolstered by a #1 pick but it highlights the urgency of planning for a Talia replacement.

Stengle/McAdam Fogarty McHenry
Lynch Himmelberg Gallucci
- Grundy BCrouch MCrouch
Milera Sloane Seedsman
Laird Keath Smith
Brown Talia Doedee

| Jones Greenwood Hamill Gibbs/CEY

I would think now
JJ = 3rd - 4th round pick...but maybe less due to his salary
Atkins = 2nd-3rd round pick..I would feel relatively confident of getting a 30's pick for him
Poholke = 4th round pick...this is absolutely spitballing but it could be lower
Okay, cool.

I probably overate them.

JJ 45 goals a year - 25-35
Atkins 25-35
Poholke 45-60

I find it really hard to rate our players firstly due to bias, but also as we are probably too critical.

JJ has kicked 45 goals for the last 4 years, is out of favour.
Ratkins best 22 winger, highs are great but goes missing
Hulk played out of position next couple in line
Ratkins is like a precision instrument that I wouldn't use as a hammer. He did an amazing laser like kick of around 30m to one of our players amongst a bunch of WC players last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, cool.

I probably overate them.

JJ 45 goals a year - 25-35
Atkins 25-35
Poholke 45-60
If Jenkins was 25, then his value would be much higher as time would still be on his side. Atkins might fetch higher but everyone out there knows he is inconsistent even though he is generally best 22 in our team (which in the last 18 months means not very much). Poholke has had a handful of games and has been dropped because he has not warranted staying in - he is getting close to a borderline delist in my view with the other players we have in his position of midfield if we could not get a trade for him..and I suspect the other clubs would see that.

Don't take me the wrong way, we all like to value our own players highly and place lesser values on other clubs players but they do exactly the same thing with their players and other club players so you have to take a step back and be realistic to what we are likely to get..and be happily surprised if the time comes and we get more than we thought :)

Take Peter Wright, Ben Ainswoth and Jack Bowes names off the shopping lists, looks like Stuey's instilling plenty of culture into the GCS's.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/05/30/three-emerging-suns-ink-new-long-term-deals/

Well this thread is quickly turning south

One of their ITK's has said that the 3 top 10 draftees this year are the next cabs off the rank for contract extensions. Lets see how they go with that...If they all sign on, then Dew must really be onto something up there culture wise
It's a little bit Port Adelaide with the long term deals they did a few years ago (Harltett, Lobbe, Boak, Wingard, et al) - except they seem to have chosen good players.

Ratkins is like a precision instrument that I wouldn't use as a hammer. He did an amazing laser like kick of around 30m to one of our players amongst a bunch of WC players last game.
I wonder if a club like Brisbane would be interested in Rat. David Noble :)cool:) said last year that they have enough top picks now and are looking to bring in a few more established players instead, so would be open to trading out their early rounders.

Pick 17 for Rat thanks Daveo! He's got more runs on the board than Charlie Cameron did, so we'll give you a cheapie because we like you
of all you did for us.

Then we trade 17, 19, 2020/3 to GWS for pick 7, 2020/2 (the points work for GWS). I know, Playstation trades and all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back