List Mgmt. 2019 trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

What other club has been in this situation we are hypothetically in?

Carlton last year perhaps (though with us having reasons to cut and run), Fremantle with McPherson but really that's quite it.

Usually stars want out of the bottom 3, not in.
McPharlin?

If Grundy was available to all clubs in this draft I doubt there'd be many that wouldn't use their 1st Round pick on him and I'm bloody sure whichever bottom club ends up with Pick 1 would certainly use it on Grundy.

Absolutely, trouble is I think Collingwood would demand pick 1 and then some to extract at the end of this year. I’d love Grundy, I just don’t see the numbers adding up given he’s a RFA the following year and I’m generally okay with paying relative overs, in terms of draft picks, for established talent.

yeah..players always ..ALWAYS say exactly what they mean and never change their opinions or minds ..although some on here missed that

It's all about the money. Homesickness is just an excuse.

The report is a 7 year contract .....so COLL will hope the the TPP cap will rise sufficiently enough, that they can carry part of his salary on the books, after he retires
Just for Info Cap increases. currently, 13.7mill have round up the numbers
2019 =1.3% 178k to 13.88mill
2020 =2% 277k to 14.15mill
2021 =2% 283k to 14.44mill
2022 =2% 288k to 14.73mill
Close to 1 mill increase over 4 years left on the deal.
Mind you the next deal could be a record again for the AFL meaning a larger than 2% increase.

It's all about the money. Homesickness is just an excuse.

Pretty much. He might say all the right things now, but put a 600k per year offer in front of him and I'd bet he'd miss Adelaide quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.standard.net.au/story/2570923/we-had-no-role-in-sanderson-sacking-dangerfield/

In regards to his contract with the Crows, Dangerfield stressed he wanted to stay with the Crows when his current deal expires at the end of next season.

"I understand it (the speculation) but it's ridiculous. It's a full 12 months away. Taylor Walker (and) Rory Sloane are in the same position. We love playing at the club. We have a terrific group. We're really well supported. In terms of discussing my contract ... it's premature. We're in a transitional period with our coach and it's not something that needs to be discussed.
"I love the city, I love the club, I love playing there. And that's all that needs to be said."-

We all know how this story ended up

https://www.standard.net.au/story/2570923/we-had-no-role-in-sanderson-sacking-dangerfield/

In regards to his contract with the Crows, Dangerfield stressed he wanted to stay with the Crows when his current deal expires at the end of next season.

"I understand it (the speculation) but it's ridiculous. It's a full 12 months away. Taylor Walker (and) Rory Sloane are in the same position. We love playing at the club. We have a terrific group. We're really well supported. In terms of discussing my contract ... it's premature. We're in a transitional period with our coach and it's not something that needs to be discussed.
"I love the city, I love the club, I love playing there. And that's all that needs to be said."-

We all know how this story ended up
...I just love Geelong and Mum more

I would have thought if it was just down to money the GCS would be in a better position than most other AFL clubs
well, if you look at what a farce GWS cap management was, GC dont look like they have too many big name signings.

IR could be just saying those things because hes getting constantly asked about it by every reporter... that would shut them up pretty fast.

...I just love Geelong and Mum more
yep..and whilst Rankine is saying all the right things and we naysayers can all be told to take it at face value, apart from him and his family who really knows what he is thinking. The examples I list above tell me not to believe anything until a contract extension is signed sealed and delivered (and that could well happen..but the longer it isn't the more the speculation will grow)

yep..and whilst Rankine is saying all the right things and we naysayers can all be told to take it at face value, apart from him and his family who really knows what he is thinking. The examples I list above tell me not to believe anything until a contract extension is signed sealed and delivered (and that could well happen..but the longer it isn't the more the speculation will grow)

Correct.

In fact Suns posters came on here back in early Jan or Feb and said that the Suns had already offered Rankine and Luko both contract extensions.

For First year players where one has not played yet and the other hasnt set the world on fire, its interesting that they havent extended their contracts yet.

Most 1st year players would love to have that security.

Correct.

In fact Suns posters came on here back in early Jan or Feb and said that the Suns had already offered Rankine and Luko both contract extensions.

For First year players where one has not played yet and the other hasnt set the world on fire, its interesting that they havent extended their contracts yet.

Most 1st year players would love to have that security.
Sorry guys, was just having a nosey, will just mention that there was an article recently on AFL.com.au was that the club has only just started contract re-negotiations.

Here is the article for those interested - https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-13/high-five-suns-look-to-extend-young-stars-contracts

I interpret that as they have waited to get them in and settled and are now starting negotiations.

Also some people on our board have claimed that the draftees are pretty much already signed on, but I won't be running nude down the street until I see an official announcement.

Good luck for the season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back