List Mgmt. 2019 trade prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

If he signs the Collingwood deal, he's not a FA at the end of next year. So, we need to put a contract in front of him at no later than Collingwood do to have a chance
Sorry for the confusion, they were 2 separate scenario's within the same post, but yes you are correct. We would need to be pro-active right now if we are serious about it.

He's not going to fall into our laps! We're not Geelong afterall

Port do. Why do you think they recruited MacKenzie, Trengrove, Mayes and Thomas?

How far as Sam Mayes fallen just quietly? Gone from a pick 8 in 2012 and best 22 contributor to a crap Brisbane side, to superseded at Brisbane and now can't get a game for an injury ravaged Port

How far as Sam Mayes fallen just quietly? Gone from a pick 8 in 2012 and best 22 contributor to a crap Brisbane side, to superseded at Brisbane and now can't get a game for an injury ravaged Port
You'd think the chance of him getting a game would diminish after the next couple of weeks...

Mayes, Barry, Watts, Motlop, McKenzie, Trengrove, Thomas, Toumpas and Eddy

There's some serious recruiting of mature age players

He was only ever included in the deal as a salary dump by Brisbane. No one wanted him, Port took him to get the deal done, as you can understand given Rozee was on the line.

Mayes, Barry, Watts, Motlop, McKenzie, Trengrove, Thomas, Toumpas and Eddy

There's some serious recruiting of mature age players
I'm pretty convinced that Trengove in particular was recruited purely as a SANFL player since they still have to be competitive there to keep the older Magpies fans happy. No intent to give him a serious run in the AFL unless injuries demanded it.

I'm pretty convinced that Trengove in particular was recruited purely as a SANFL player since they still have to be competitive there to keep the older Magpies fans happy. No intent to give him a serious run in the AFL unless injuries demanded it.
Ken said he is rewarding SANFL form. Trengove is smashing the door down.

'Tiser saying we could look at Huge Munn in the mid-year draft. I wonder if any SANFL players will be like Baulderstone was, we looked at drafting him and he said no because he wasn't interested in playing in the SANFL for anyone bar Norwood.

'Tiser saying we could look at Huge Munn in the mid-year draft. I wonder if any SANFL players will be like Baulderstone was, we looked at drafting him and he said no because he wasn't interested in playing in the SANFL for anyone bar Norwood.
Munn's flat out getting a kick in the SANFL why the Hell would we be interested in him?

Last edited:
Can't get a gig at GWS and they now have Hately and Caldwell plus they have salary cap squeeze.
Plus I enjoy watching Carlton getting pumped. Hoping for a similar score this week.
Not sure what he is worth?

Jeez I'd be keen... Hard to place a value but I very much doubt GWS would look to trade him.

Needs the tank to be a midfielder to be worth it for us imo, potentially similar value to Jack Steele?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez I'd be keen... Hard to place a value but I very much doubt GWS would look to trade him.

Needs the tank to be a midfielder to be worth it for us imo, potentially similar value to Jack Steele?
His best mates right through junior footy were Hunter Clark and Luke Davies-Uniacke so I could see the Saints especially and the Roos real keen.

Why would Port do that? No one cares who wins the reserves premiership - it's about development of your juniors.
Port cared. Chris Davies came out and stated that was their goal

Until Sturt beat them by a point

Can't get a gig at GWS and they now have Hately and Caldwell plus they have salary cap squeeze.
Plus I enjoy watching Carlton getting pumped. Hoping for a similar score this week.
Not sure what he is worth?

I'd prefer we had a crack at Hately TBH. Not just because he's from SA, but I was really disappointed we missed out on him on this year!

His best mates right through junior footy were Hunter Clark and Luke Davies-Uniacke so I could see the Saints especially and the Roos real keen.
On Cal Twomey's podcast they said the Saints were very keen on him the year they took Hunter Clark. I wouldn't be surprised if that interest is still there.

Ok, assuming Carlton finish last and Gold Coast finish 2nd bottom, what could we offer Gold Coast to get that second pick? Keep both mates together and gives us 2 midfield guns.

Or what do Gold Coast give us to get pick 1 and they get both?

Ok, assuming Carlton finish last and Gold Coast finish 2nd bottom, what could we offer Gold Coast to get that second pick? Keep both mates together and gives us 2 midfield guns.

if we end up with pick 1 or 2, either of these lads would be super...BUT..there is a real worry should one go to a victorian club that the other may want to be close to his mate back in Victoria. The last thing we need is to use a pick 1 on a player and within 5 years they are out and back to Victoria. Lets hope if the scenario arises where one of these 2 are available to us that our recruiting team have worked out what the long term viability really is

Hypothetically, Port are looking top 2 and their main threat for a SANFL flag is South (hypothetically I said). South have a gun mid who could have 25 Magaery votes already, so Port recruit him in the mid season AFL draft with no intention of playing him in the AFL because they are already stacked with mids.

This whole MSD just appears to be a way to screw state league integrity and encourage more poor list management at an AFL level (e.g. Port not playing a ruck when Ryder was injured for a whole year and then complaining about the effect it had on Trengove)

Its cute you think AFL clubs care about SANFL premierships.

I had that thought the other day. But mainly what would they give up?

There's a long road before then, but it would certainly be a question that I would want asked!

They had the option to go for 2 best mates in Lukocious & Rozee last year or 2 brothers in Ben & Max King and had the picks to do it, but chose not to. I don't think they will bother this year.

They had the option to go for 2 best mates in Lukocious & Rozee last year or 2 brothers in Ben & Max King and had the picks to do it, but chose not to. I don't think they will bother this year.
I still think GWS might be the club that seriously asks about our pick if it is 1 or 2 as then they could snare one of the top mids and then use later points to match for their academy player who is tipped to be around a top 5 prospect. If they had to trade out their 2 1sts and maybe a player like a Bonar etc, the might just think it is worth it

Edit: the current 1sts they have will be absorbed if a club puts a high bid in on their academy product (and if we ended up with pick 3 from Carlton - that club could very well be us putting in such a bid)

I am sure there are some examples against my statement, BUT top 6-7 picks rarely to home due to PURELY being homesick / missing friends etc.
There has been a few like Polec, Caddy etc - but most of the names you could think of left due more better opportunity.

If we drafted Rowell / Anderson, we just need to play them. Then back the club to keep them happy.

Yes we have lost a bunch of Non-SA kids, but we have also KEPT a lot of non-SA kids too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back