Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just a reminder to call up trade radio today to:

(1) List the most complex hypothetical trade deal known to man; and

(2) Propose trade deals involving Andrew Gaff when Terry Wallace is hosting.

I think if theres enough of (2), he may actually go postal.
(3) Tell Lamo that Brad Crouch is worth more than pick 15

SL16

Senior List
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The AFL have put rules in place so that trades can't be lodged until 3pm on deadline days to create drama.
That's the worst thing I've heard over the last two weeks
Seems like thats the case. May as well have just said no trades could be lodged for the entire trade period until today 3pm, wouldn't have made that much difference.

The AFL is cooked.

JeddaB

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2008
The burbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That is seriously pathetic.

Next step is following the wags around with a camera once a week, and coaches calling each other out midweek surrounded by 20,000 rednecks holding poorly painted signs screaming uncontrollably with a pyrotechnic show constantly going off.

Can't wait.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The way the Trade Radio buffoons have been talking up Josh Jenkins he must be worth at least worth what smokin Joe Daniher is.

Need Tom Browne to host, get some real laughs then and the call in's would be much funnier..
He'd probably get his starting time wrong and miss the broadcast completely.

Amusingly, there is a video on the AFL website posted an hour ago called "the trade desk". They're expecting 20 players to change clubs "between now and 7.5 hours from now". Did they not get the memo about AFL House not bothering to staff the lodgements room until 3? Or are they just pretending they don't know...

Amusingly, there is a video on the AFL website posted an hour ago called "the trade desk". They're expecting 20 players to change clubs "between now and 7.5 hours from now". Did they not get the memo about AFL House not bothering to staff the lodgements room until 3? Or are they just pretending they don't know...

Genuine amateur hour stuff.

If there's one thing that I dislike about the AFL and how it's run, it's the impulsive nature of how decisions are made. They're not fleshed out appropriately, they're not communicated, and they're definitely not made in consultation with the AFL community as a whole.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Very poor decision. Once trades are done there is something to talk about. Now there will be very little time to forensically dissect each trade.

I'm guessing they won't have trade radio tomorrow. But they really should. There would be heaps to talk about. More than just about any other day.

Well they are probably Behind with Hutchy and CrocMedia

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The way the Trade Radio buffoons have been talking up Josh Jenkins he must be worth at least worth what smokin Joe Daniher is.
Jenkins has kicked a heap more goals, so maybe he should be...kinda makes it look like Joe's severely over rated. Only ever had 1 year with more than 45 goals as the KPF playing at home under the roof most weeks

1571194623221.png

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Very poor decision. Once trades are done there is something to talk about. Now there will be very little time to forensically dissect each trade.

I'm guessing they won't have trade radio tomorrow. But they really should. There would be heaps to talk about. More than just about any other day.
Two weeks of trade radio and ends the moment there’s actually something to talk about. This is the AFL in a nutshell, comical.

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney

IMO once trades are done at 3pm, you won’t hear anything further until the trade period goes live to air on TV.

It’s pretty much like Channel 7’s arrangement with the AFL on that teams can’t be announced until C7 announce them on the 6 o’clock news. A Trading Post business model in a Google world, amateurish.

Once it hits 3 o’clock I’m going back Spotify and after listening to AFL TR over the last 3 days I will never ever, ever, ever complain about Spotify’s ads ever , ever again.

Ever.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls

They never do but you are right they'd have more to discuss tomorrow

Back