List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ironic at all that we trade out our best target inside 50 for potentially a guy who will be the best player on our list at hitting targets inside 50?

Irony is strange, I fully understand it in my head (I think) but never really seem to use it correctly.

I have a mate that uses it wrong all the time. Like, “ahh you are thinking about going to Italy? Ironically my sister has been there”. Says it so often it’s too hard to tell him that it’s wrong.

Alanis Morrisette may be to blame, he liked that song.

Bloody Alanis Morrisette.

"Like getting stuck in a traffic jam when you're already late."

That's not ironic. Getting stuck in a traffic jam when you're already late for the traffic management gig you're presenting at, the topic being how well your traffic management plan is working in relieving congestion and delays. That's ironic.

Last edited:

I can't remember my username on ss or saints central. But I'm certain its simliar to one of my old online poker handles. While most normal ppl, would go the positive, confident, cheerful route, names like, Winner88, PokerGod, SureWin, etc. I preferred being unique, so i did the opposite.

Grumpy Gonads
Miserable Mufti
Baron Buzzkill
Ultimate Whiner
Sobby Sultan
Moping Lama
The Incredible Sulk

Probably had a dozen other similar style names over the years(inc other normal ones).

When I finally signed up here, after lurking for years, I was all set to be the board crank. But then I realised, being a miserable saints supporter isn't novel, if anything that's the norm. I could already tell from some of the names,

Persevering Saint
Dark Saint
Impatient Saint
Sad Saint
Suffering Saint

So yeah, i went the comic book name instead, and grouchy saint never made an appearance. Just as well i suppose, I think I'd feel obligated to live up to that name in spirit. I'd probably be unbearable, and most likely serving a long suspension, alongside old dimmy66 right now.

Love the nick, the Incredible Sulk, Jughead77. Gold. I almost went with something similar. You see, even though I'm prone to explosive outbursts of anger, I make sure my posts are factually correct, properly referenced and all materials which are borrowed, properly acknowledged. I would have been , "The Credible Hulk".

Thankyou very much. I'm here all week. I recommend the seafood buffet.

Love the nick, the Incredible Sulk, Jughead77. Gold. I almost went with something similar. You see, even though I'm prone to explosive outbursts of anger, I make sure my posts are factually correct, properly referenced and all materials which are borrowed, properly acknowledged. I would have been , "The Credible Hulk".

Thankyou very much. I'm here all week. I recommend the seafood buffet.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Drake...

Board should have been spilled when Richo lost his job. Total failure from those in charge of the club. Who is standing up to take over, though?

There is no accountability and no repercussions for mediocrity and failure at St Kilda. It’s like the blind leading the blind and now we’re heading into a trade period looking to offload top 10 players to bring in, what, maybe 1 guy who isn’t a spud?
You Two should get a room :)

To all those so happy to be rid of Bruce I have one thing to say about your long term plans for our forward line. Max King has just recovered from an ACL and is now rehabbing a syndesmosis injury. More importantly he has played zero games.

Whilst I share your optimism about his talent, I'd rather have seen 20 games from him before changing the status quo.

Paddy Mc to be the next Plugger, anyone ?
If that was ever said the poster deserves a ban , i think you might have made that bit up

OMG , i have just read the last 6 pages and cant stop laughing , the melting is just magnificent and nothing has happened yet , god knows how some of you will cope if some of those trades do happen . Too many on here think the club is a basket case and have no idea , how about take a breath and see how it pans out before going mental

OMG , i have just read the last 6 pages and cant stop laughing , the melting is just magnificent and nothing has happened yet , god knows how some of you will cope if some of those trades do happen . Too many on here think the club is a basket case and have no idea , how about take a breath and see how it pans out before going mental

I thought the same thing when i logged on and started skipping posts, too much look at me look at me going on.

Talk about drama queens.

Ive pretty much accepted that there are things that will probably happen that i don't agree with. I REALLY don't want them to trade Bruce. I've been in the keep Carlisle camp all year, but understand if we want to get something of value we have to give something of value. (It feels a bit off at times talking about human beings as though they're just commodities, but it is what is is)
The thing is though i've been wanting the club to get on the front foot for ages. I feel like they're doing that now, so i support them 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the same thing when i logged on and started skipping posts, too much look at me look at me going on.

Talk about drama queens.
I had our annual Triva night for our company last night , we raised 50k for sick kids and then i log on this morning to see the world is ending at St Kilda , nah we will be fine , more in life to worry about

What a fantastic antidote for happiness this place is when the misery guts crew get rolling.

Pop in to see if there’s any word on trade targets.... leave ready to leap off the top of the Moorabbin grandstand.

I almost called it though... yesterday it was Sam Rowe & last night they’re back on Trout (well actually a cheap shot at Libba for working under him).

I thought it would be Paddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this was Hawthorn making all of these mooted player moves they would be judged as shrewd, bold and ahead of the game in terms of list management.
We have made loads of offfield changes / appointments to help us in the trade and draft period. Ratten, Gallagher, Gubby and Roughy have been in their chairs for 5 minutes, it is probably fair to give them at least 1 chance to fail. It is hardly like they're breaking up a list on the verge of a flag.

Our list has been sh!t for a long time. If these blokes turn over half of it in the next 2 years I don't see too many issues with that.

Also, most of the mooted trades probably won't happen, best to keep yourselves nice until they do.

I had our annual Triva night for our company last night , we raised 50k for sick kids and then i log on this morning to see the world is ending at St Kilda , nah we will be fine , more in life to worry about

Fancy people discussing St Kilda on an AFL fan forum. What a weird world.

I have found the ignore function, it cuts down the rubbish by 90%

Never thought i would use it, but this has become ridiculous.

I will take ignore off after trade period, just to see the melts.

I really dont need to be reminded of what happened x amount of years ago, and whos to blame etc etc , build a bridge for FS.

Discussing , id more call it moaning and whining over something that hasn't even happened , The sun did come up this morning ;)

You’re taking complaints out of context. No one thinks their life is ending because things aren’t looking rosy. People are venting about the club on a forum where this sort of stuff is discussed.
Sick kids are completely irrelevant. No one thinks they have it bad and life is stuffed. It’s harmless venting and the sharing of ideas.

You’re taking complaints out of context. No one thinks their life is ending because things aren’t looking rosy. People are venting about the club on a forum where this sort of stuff is discussed.
Sick kids are completely irrelevant. No one thinks they have it bad and life is stuffed. It’s harmless venting and the sharing of ideas.

Its not being discussed it blatant chest beating.

I for one don't mind if we trade out Bruce or Snake but not both, whoever gets the most currency is fine by me, as long as we are getting some talent back in that improves us.

Bruce didn't set the world on fire this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back