List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club will be smashed by Saints fans if they do that. Most don't want Bruce gone so they will probably be very careful to not p**s off fans. I know people who are threatening to cancel memberships already and if they sell him for anything less than a straight first they will create carnage. You aren't getting him cheap if at all.
"I know people who are threatening to cancel memberships already, if they sell him for anything less than a straight first they will create carnage!"

I see you know yourself well Gringo my man! lol

[

Jack Martin worth a 1st but Bruce isn’t? The same Jack Martin that can’t get a start at the worst club in the Comp and is out of contract. Not sure you have as much of an idea as you seem to think.
Why are you suddenly assuming it's a straight swap, Martin for our 1st? The problem I see with sending our 1st to Saints is that you have nothing to give back. If we're being realistic, I think Martin and Bruce will both demand very similar prices. In the case of Martin, Gold Coast have more assets to send on the way back than Saints do, which is why I think it's more likely they're the recipients of our 1st.

If Saints do random other deals to find a 2nd rounder, then something like the following I can see happening:

1st round + 3rd round <-> Bruce + 2nd round

I’ll leave it with you to decide mate. As a dogs fan I’ve got better things to discuss and think about in September than trade hypotheticals. Enjoy the off season.
( Slow handclap) Oh Bravo! I'm assuming that being from the west that must be one sh!tbox of a Cadillac!

One thing that cannot be tolerated in life full stop is an uppity Bloody Bulldogs supporter!
Back in your kennell son! :rolleyes:

What does the VP liking a post about Carlisle have to do with Bruce?

We're not privvy to what happens in exit meetings but I'm assuming that its more about what they want the player to work on over the summer... not so much 'you're on the table' type stuff. My understanding is that they do them ASAP so the clock for their set period of annual leave starts ticking immediately. Hence they're usually on the Tuesday and Wednesday after the last game. We couldnt put them off until the coach was confirmed because players go away (some come back just for the B&F before heading off again).

Discussions with managers and other clubs go on all year and then obviously ramp up during the month leading up to trade week.

The exit meetings do include post season medicals, etc so I'd assume that they were conducted by the interim coach, footy dept manager and medical staff.
That makes sense otherwise I’d have held off until the coach is appointed.

The VP liking the derogatory post was an example of poor judgement and someone at the club appearing to confirm Carlisle is up for trade. I was wondering if the Bruce rumours are another example of another leak at the club.

Anyway I’ll be happier when the club actually appoints a new senior coach, I assume it’s ratten and I want him to be right in the thick of the action on who stays and who goes.

That’s unfair on Fremantle in my opinion. Hill elected to sign the contract and now wants to leave three years after he went home. The deal will need to be in their favour.
not really .. it will need to be fair , not in their favour..
St Kilda didnt sign the contract Hill did so St Kilda shouldnt be the one to compensate Freo for their player wanting out early .. the trade should be fair perhaps with us paying a little over to get it done quick but talks of it being hevily favoured to freo is not quiet right ...

How do you know this? Its a guess.. Doggies could have won by 10 goals if he didn't play. No one knows.

He didn't win them the flag, he helped them win the grand final game.

If everything goes the same way as it did that day minus the Boyd impact Sydney win.

The club will be smashed by Saints fans if they do that. Most don't want Bruce gone so they will probably be very careful to not p**s off fans. I know people who are threatening to cancel memberships already and if they sell him for anything less than a straight first they will create carnage. You aren't getting him cheap if at all.
the club wouldnt give a fatratsclacker what the fans want when it comes to trading ..

That is absolutely horrendous overs. That, or we're implying that McLean is close to worthless. Take out the Pick 28 and you might be closer to the mark, and even then I wouldn't be happy and would consider it a loss for us

If your Hill trade works out then we wouldn’t need 28 anymore. What about instead off McClean we go for Wallis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all welcome to all of the Bulldogs supporters who have found their way to our forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

As for Bruce, I think it will take a late first rounder, 12-14 is probably slightly overs but for a team with a stacked midfield it mightn't be a bridge too far. A fair result would be a swap of next years seconds to even it up. I think we have a pretty good trading relationship with you guys with Ameet and Bevo there so couldn't see it being too difficult to get through. Win win trade imo.

As for Hill, pick 12 ontraded with Acres should net us pick 25 back, obviously it depends what sort of value Blake still has - I might be a little off by overrating Blake's value still, but thats the type of trading is be comfortable seeing (as much as I obviously love Blacres).

That is absolutely horrendous overs. That, or we're implying that McLean is close to worthless. Take out the Pick 28 and you might be closer to the mark, and even then I wouldn't be happy and would consider it a loss for us

Your 1st this year and a swap of next year's 2nd rounders?

That's how it works unfortunately mate. Hill is contracted, they dont have to trade him.

You still put a price on it and don't pay more.

He didn't win a premiership for Freo, and it'll take more than Hill to win one for us. If we have to walk away we walk away, and they are stuck with a disgruntled player who doesn't want to be there.
Doing a deal on the basis of what you have is madness.

If your Hill trade works out then we wouldn’t need 28 anymore. What about instead off McClean we go for Wallis.
Wallis would be worth less in the trade (hence more likely to happen on value), and his place in our side is less clear moving forward. Unfortunately for the Saints, he turned down multiple lucrative offers (particularly from Essendon and Gold Coast) in free agency last year to stick with the Dogs on significantly less money. If he was open to a move, I'm sure the Dogs would enable it in the same way we did for Roughead. We accepted ridiculous unders for him in the interest of allowing him further opportunity elsewhere, so I could see the same happening with Wallis if the situation arose (although not as cheap).

Something like our second rounder (currently Pick 30) + Wallis in return for Bruce. I'm working under the assumption that Wallis is worth a mid second round pick (~25). This ends up being a higher price than we paid for Schache (Pick 25 + Pick 40) but I think would be good for both clubs as well as Wallis. Wallis is a great, hard nut midfielder who would have been captain if he didn't sit right between Wood and Bont in age. Only reason his future in our side is unclear is because we have Libba, Dunkley and Macrae ahead of him.

Although as I said, I think it's very unlikely Wallis ever plays for another club, considering he already accepted huge unders to stick around, despite being tempted by the Essendon offer in particular.

The problem is that Hill is worth more than Bruce, so I doubt it's that simple. Whatever you get for Bruce won't be enough to satisfy Fremantle in a Hill trade, so something else needs to be added in, or else you guys will have to pay your Pick 5, and keep whatever you received for Bruce

If i was building a team , I'd be wanting a player like Bruce more than one like Hill.
Tall forwards don't grow on trees.

Your 1st this year and a swap of next year's 2nd rounders?
I'd probably do that tbh, taking a gamble on us finishing higher on the ladder. Although to be honest, if we had the opportunity, I'd rather get even more complicated and do something like:

2019 1st + 2019 3rd + 2019 3rd

in return for

Bruce + 2020 2nd + 2020 4th

We have a lot of highly rated academy/FS kids coming through next year, and are going to need some points. Moving some picks to next year would be great for us, and this situation also allows the Saints to bring themselves back into this year's draft (or at least have currency for trades)

If i was building a team , I'd be wanting a player like Bruce more than one like Hill.
Tall forwards don't grow on trees.
As would I, but Hill is younger, as well as being more highly rated in his position (arguably the best Wing in the league, or at least top 3) while Bruce is probably in the above average category. This means that even if you or I would like Bruce over Hill, the clubs will see their values differently

Who says I'm arguing? People are allowed to have discussion around here, and of course there's going to be disagreement. Seems there's Saints fans who think they'll get our 1st for Bruce (or even more), Dogs fans who think we'll get him for our 2nd, and then there's reality where the clubs meet somewhere in the middle

i actually think he's potentially worth two first rounders. if the first rounders are > 10. so the middle ground might not be what you think it is.

the question to ask is why and how Bruces name has been put out there in trade .... i would guess running into the off season Bruce was seen as a required player for St Kilda, he wasnt on the trade table at all but at some point that changed ... now putting 2 and 2 together its fair to assume a team (most likely the Bulldogs) came to us asking about Bruce .. considering he wasnt on the table beforehand the offer from the other team (Bulldogs) must have been nice enough for the Saints to sit up and take notice of it ... in those circumstances the trade isnt happening for a second rounder , the other team coming with that offer isnt going to strike St Kildas attention ... so if (and its still a big If on what happens) Bruce gets traded its going to be for something St Kilda feels compelled not to say no to...
the differance from the Hill trade is the fact Bruce doesnt want out the club dont want Bruce out so in order to prise Bruce from St Kilda its going to be in St Kildas favour ... if its just a what we call "fair trade" the saints would just keep Bruce cause they dont need to trade for tradings sake
Too much common sense and logic for this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back