List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out - Hill, Langdon and 24

Draft - 5, 6 and Henry

I'd be pretty pumped with that haul if I'm a Freo supporter.
have you been to the Brad Hill thread in the trading and drafts board ..... Freo fans are the strangest creatures such arrogance for a pi55ant club that has won nothing ever and had two season in their history where they had some kind of dominance .... i think it makes up for their complex of being the beaten up red haird step kid of the WA footy market .....
seriously i reckon two or three of them posting have autism or some other condition and im teasing them for it ...

no no no .... dockers fans want 5, 2020 second and Acres for Hill
funny thing is they have an essendon flog agreeing that that is fair ....
This is why i don't go on other boards

Pretty harsh IMO, Billings is a gun and one of the best from that draft… I've no doubt he'll be an AA player in the next few years - all you can ask for.

Some pretty average players went in that first round, but Billings isn't one of them.
I never said he was average. I said Billings is a good player, but when it comes to players going after him, imo we have failed when it comes to his pick. You have Bont and Cripps who were taken after him in the same draft and he is absolutely nowhere near there level of matching winning. Please don't bring up stats the rate players, Heck id even say Matt Crouch and James Sicily are about on par with him if that was the case then McKenzie would be 2x the player that Cyril is.

No doubt there are some average players that have gone before and after him. However those teams that have had players fail always have picked up absolute A grade All Australian calibre players in that draft and others while we have not had 1 player that we have drafted in the last 6 years even make the squad.

So yes I don't trust our recruiters to use high end draft picks to a level that they need to be at in the form of Cripps/Kelly/Bont/DeGoey/McGovern/Curnow/Dunkley etc and the list goes on. We have done well with out later picks but imo failed with high end picks such as McCartin/Goddard/McKenzie etc. He'll you can even now throw in Acres and in that mix as well.

What's with all this academy access, do we have to run the failed father son years again before we just go back to a regular uncompromised draft?

How many indigenous or multicultural minority groups are there going to be in Armadale and Beaumauris?

View attachment 746920
I went for dinner on Sat night in Chelt which is where I grew up. My wife who works out west whispered to me "pasty white bayside dinner again hey" as we walked in. It's only when you move away from something you see what it is when you come back. Yeah not so much for us getting kids from this system...

. Yeah not so much for us getting kids from this system...

Yes, as soon as they announced our Academy Areas I thought we are screwed.

We can basically only select players that have not originally played football from and/or particular backgrounds. Whereas GWS and Swans get to mine huge population areas and can grab anyone.

Last edited:
have you been to the Brad Hill thread in the trading and drafts board ..... Freo fans are the strangest creatures such arrogance for a pi55ant club that has won nothing ever and had two season in their history where they had some kind of dominance .... i think it makes up for their complex of being the beaten up red haird step kid of the WA footy market .....
seriously i reckon two or three of them posting have autism or some other condition and im teasing them for it ...

My friend it is the art of the banter and I suspect you, like me love it.

However the autism comment, c’mon mate be better than that....plenty of other names you can throw at us.

Yes, as soon as they announced our Academy Ares I thought we are screwed.

We can basically only select players that have not originally played football from and/or particular backgrounds. Whereas GWS and Swans get to mine huge population areas and can grab anyone.

So any european's should qualify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My friend it is the art of the banter and I suspect you, like me love it.

However the autism comment, c’mon mate be better than that....plenty of other names you can throw at us.

You obviously don't come here very often. We eat our own, getting called Autistic is on the mild side. Go back to the Freo board if you don't like be confronted by hard nuts. Trav lives down the road from you boys, I wouldn't upset him. He's a hard man. He works the mines and fixes giant mining trucks and doesn't use a spanner or jack, teeth and hands man.

So any european's should qualify.

Yeah if you have a parent born overseas you can get a place. The funniest one we have is a kid at my sons old club that has 2 white parents, his mum is English but was born in Africa so he's got the highest priority level being "African decent" being a non traditional footy area and all. His dad played VFL.

I hope you’re correct, but what makes you think this?

Only a suspicion but he plonked him straight into the centre square right of the bat and kept him there for the remainder of the year. A spot Acres is clearly built for with great hands, a big body, a modicum of break away pace and an ability to maneuver himself out of heavy traffic. This move alone convinced me that Ratten is the right choice going forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You obviously don't come here very often. We eat our own, getting called Autistic is on the mild side. Go back to the Freo board if you don't like be confronted by hard nuts. Trav lives down the road from you boys, I wouldn't upset him. He's a hard man. He works the mines and fixes giant mining trucks and doesn't use a spanner or jack, teeth and hands man.

Fair enough.

Definitely not going there .

But just my opinion think they have fantastic opportunity to try and engage 3 teams in their trades
to get multiple kids from Western Australia with draft.

Thankfully it looks as though Rattan is a big wrap for Blake so Freo can get stuffed.
He would look stupid anyway 😳

2gt5gs9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back