Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
" A mad scientist in running shorts "
lol

Just what we need! More madness!

Anyone that can transform our kicking skills into elite
Will be a genius in my book!
Rath suddenly becomes potentially the greatest recruit the Saints have ever nabbed!

Is that what his job will be?

people think i'm overly critical of the club, but i really like those ins. it's huge and a potential game changer!

if i am being critical i don't think we have the alignment right yet. i don't like playfair going out for hamill, i really dont like mcglyn taking over at sandy. however maybe rath needs a year to get it right.

we've really lacked leadership at sandy since mcphee got promoted

i would have liked us to atleast sound out someone like webb
Yes but I think Dempster is a great in as is Rath

Jack Steven has given his all for our club for 180 odd games, he’s won four B&F awards, he’s a very popular member of our club.
And this year that same man was in an extremely dark place due to very upsetting personal problems and mental health issues.
What we get for Stuv in a trade doesn’t matter, if it’s a second rounder, a third rounder, or nothing.
All anybody that knows Jack wants is for him to give himself the best possible chance of getting his life back on track.
To still hear supporters carrying on about what he’s worth in a trade is very upsetting, especially after events of the last week.
These are real people battling real issues. Instead of carrying on over a draft pick, let’s just hope that a Saint can get his life in order and just be happy, healthy and content.
Footy actually means nothing in the scheme of things, draft picks even less.
Get some perspective please.

Yeah lets trade them all and fold the club.
The important thing is they all get to go and play somewhere where they have a chance.

Glad to welcome back Dempster as well. We need all the experience we can get from our last golden gernation to move forward
Not suprised he is head of conditioning. You could show a movie on that mans biceps

And now has the formal qualifications to match. Let's see him put all that experience, study and knowledge to good use. Solid citizen, club great and now not just another footballer who thinks he's an expert just because he played. The antithesis of Ben Dixon.

Jack Steven has given his all for our club for 180 odd games, he’s won four B&F awards, he’s a very popular member of our club.
And this year that same man was in an extremely dark place due to very upsetting personal problems and mental health issues.
What we get for Stuv in a trade doesn’t matter, if it’s a second rounder, a third rounder, or nothing.
All anybody that knows Jack wants is for him to give himself the best possible chance of getting his life back on track.
To still hear supporters carrying on about what he’s worth in a trade is very upsetting, especially after events of the last week.
These are real people battling real issues. Instead of carrying on over a draft pick, let’s just hope that a Saint can get his life in order and just be happy, healthy and content.
Why bring a Danny into it?

I expect Geelong will take the approach of offering as little as it needs to in order to secure a deal. Once St Kilda agrees then they will consider it a fair deal.
St Kilda can't win from this deal. The only winners will be the Geelong FC and Jack Steven.

See my post. Hold my beer.

Very mature. Well done.
Mate there’s some interesting so called supporters here, maybe we should start another forum away from BF! We’ve also belted it out of the park with Roughhead, Rath and Dempster, regardless of what people not in the know say.
You and I both know there’s a couple of big fish about to be hooked as well, who will make us very strong, but they will bag those players as well.

Why bring a Danny into it?

because it’s a cheap way to get people to change their views. There’s the implication that if you have an opinion that doesn’t take into account Frawleys death that you’re insensitive.
there’s been a number of people trying to do it on here.

Reality is his death should have no influence on the trade period.
Things can coexist and just because a tragedy occurs doesn’t mean you should throw out everything else simply because the loss of someone far outweighs a bad trade.
If you were going to use that perspective in life, you’ll never get anywhere. Feeling sick? Someone else is sicker. Frustrated with your job? Someone else doesn’t have one. Noisy neighbors? Hey at least you don’t have cancer.

People aren't "carrying on" over a draft pick.

People are "carrying on" about the prospect of our club being spineless and rolling over without resistance in the face of a rival seeking to exploit, to the maximum extent possible, our compassion.

Trying to paint anyone outraged by such a situation as not caring about jack steven or his plight is not helpful and entirely missing the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to welcome back Dempster as well. We need all the experience we can get from our last golden gernation to move forward
Not suprised he is head of conditioning. You could show a movie on that mans biceps

Agreed. It is fantastic.

The appointments of both Rath and Roughead are also sensational. I assume Simon Lethlean is responsible for these. He is putting together a very formidable group of people in our football department.

Steven deserves to be happy and healthy. If that means accepting a low pick from Geelong so be it. Anything we get in return would simply be a cherry on top of his magnificent career carrying the Saints in a low time.

I would much prefer to see Jack with his big grin playing his best football again at another club than not see him at all.

Do you believe that Jack Steven's mental health issues will be resolved by playing for the Geelong AFL side and do you believe he will play good football for Geelong as a result?

If the answer is yes then the Saints are entitled to push hard for the best deal for our list management because the Cats are getting a quality player.

If the answer is no and football isn't relevant then the Saints are still entitled to push for the best deal because playing for Geelong isn't Jack's goal, it'd just be a nice bonus for living closer to home.

Worst case for the club Steven goes home for 12 months before leaving as a free agent. If he signs for the Cats we get a compo pick, likely no worse that a 3rd rounder. If he signs for a local team like Barwon then we have still looked after him with a very healthy contract in a season where we aren't even close to hitting the cap and he's had plenty of time at home. Winners all around.

Either way, letting him walk out for a pick in the 40's (or worse) is rubbish management.

Steven deserves to be happy and healthy. If that means accepting a low pick from Geelong so be it. Anything we get in return would simply be a cherry on top of his magnificent career carrying the Saints in a low time.

I would much prefer to see Jack with his big grin playing his best football again at another club than not see him at all.
I'm not trying to be insensitive because I wish nothing but the best for Stuv. I love the bloke

However, where do we draw the line with regards to this?

Mate there’s some interesting so called supporters here, maybe we should start another forum away from BF! We’ve also belted it out of the park with Roughhead, Rath and Dempster, regardless of what people not in the know say.
You and I both know there’s a couple of big fish about to be hooked as well, who will make us very strong, but they will bag those players as well.
Oh please 🙄

It would probably make jack happy if we kept paying him while he played for the cats while getting paid by them aswell- i suppose you'd be fine for us to do that too because it would make jack happy?

It would probably make jack happy if we paid for his weightwatchers program this preaseason too- we should therefore do that?

My point is there is limits to how far we should go in making jack happy right?

You have painted it as a black and white situation where jack getting to geelong for a rubbish pick is the only thing that can make jack happy ... the reality is a million miles away from that simplistic black and white world.

A couple of big fish ... Hill, sure;
please do go on Mr Hogan ...

So Stuv wants to go to Geelong to be closer to his wife and child at Lorne.
Didnt I read where he has a new girl friend, or is that crap? If its true surely the 'want to be at Lorne" business is redundent.
So what is the situation, does he have a new girlfriend or not?

I think seeing your child grow up is probably more the issue. Living along way away and working weekends and training week days doesn't give you much time to get access.

People aren't "carrying on" over a draft pick.

People are "carrying on" about the prospect of our club being spineless and rolling over without resistance in the face of a rival seeking to exploit, to the maximum extent possible, our compassion.

Trying to paint anyone outraged by such a situation as not caring about jack steven or his plight is not helpful and entirely missing the point.

Thank you.
Jack can go hang out at the beach while his manager and the clubs go and yell at each other.
Then there's the possibility of mediation.
Easy or hard , if we get the deal done, it makes no difference to Jack.

It would probably make jack happy if we kept paying him while he played for the cats while getting paid by them aswell- i suppose you'd be fine for us to do that too because it would make jack happy?

It would probably make jack happy if we paid for his weightwatchers program this preaseason too- we should therefore do that?

My point is there is limits to how far we should go in making jack happy right?

You have painted it as a black and white situation where jack getting to geelong for a rubbish pick is the only thing that can make jack happy ... the reality is a million miles away from that simplistic black and white world.
Nope. I've seen it as if returning to be near his main support group in Lorne has a chance of him improving his mental health than the rest does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back