List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we part way with our Bruce pick for Dougal Howard.

That would be a coup. Kid has a bucket load of talent and is already a decent defender. Prefers to play forward and with the right development could be a star.

Only if we can add Dougal Howser to our medical team.

If I was Jack I’d be a little concerned about the way Chris Scott has been referring to him...shows no empathy whatsoever for the player, just worried how little they should pay for a guy having lots of issues out of football ( or similar words).

Would he seriously want to play under a coach like that after he’s had a whole club wrap their arms around him and worry about his welfare?

I get Scott would be concerned about what he might be getting but he could’ve been more diplomatic imo.

Scott might be the reason he stays.

Would we part way with our Bruce pick for Dougal Howard.

That would be a coup. Kid has a bucket load of talent and is already a decent defender. Prefers to play forward and with the right development could be a star.

Not if it's pick 12.

Get the feeling the club are going to run with King, Marshall, Membrey, Ryder and Battle rotating forward in 2019 before going all out for Ben King. Joyce a depth option also if needed. Not sure if Acres stays or goes. We might make a late play for Jenkins if he comes cheap enough in a trade.

It'll be different, that's for sure.

Not if it's pick 12.

Get the feeling the club are going to run with King, Marshall, Membrey, Ryder and Battle rotating forward in 2019 before going all out for Ben King. Joyce a depth option also if needed. Not sure if Acres stays or goes. We might make a late play for Jenkins if he comes cheap enough in a trade.

Not Josh Jenkins. I don't think I can handle watching next year if he comes. We have hardly any players left I give a s**t about as is. Stuv and Bruce were the last two with any personality left. It's going to be as exciting as an accounting convention in 2020. They will want to be winning games or no-one will turn up.

Not Josh Jenkins. I don't think I can handle watching next year if he comes. We have hardly any players left I give a s**t about as is. Stuv and Bruce were the last two with any personality left. It's going to be as exciting as an accounting convention in 2020. They will want to be winning games or no-one will turn up.

If it’s 22 Wilkies I’d turn up.

Thanks gents,didn’t get that far. Assumed after the Goldy talk he’d be next man in.
Still think we need help for RoMa though

I'd be happy with an emergency back up in case of injury. Right now we have Bruce as the only known regular ruck who looks gone and um.... Ryder is probably coming but he's never been super resilient as it is and he's 32 and going to be getting more niggles not less.

We could do with even someone that is not Alabakis but still just capable of slowing the opposition ruck down.

Not if it's pick 12.

Lol Jenkins.

Why are people put off by Jenkins? Not a contested forward sure, but runs really well and kicks bags. If he is the 3rd tall in a team with 2 of Marshall, Membrey and Max then I think he'd be fine. Late-ish pick and we take on his salary after freeing up space by giving Steven away.

Plays for 2 years in the seniors, gets 1 more after that on the list as depth behind the King boys.

I'd much prefer to keep Bruce but Jenkins would be fine as a stop gap for a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker?

Thanks gents,didn’t get that far. Assumed after the Goldy talk he’d be next man in.
Still think we need help for RoMa though

The Goldy talk was mainly before Marshall announced to footy world that he was an AFL Level No1 ruck.

More recently the Saints have been looking at Ryder who can play other roles besides No1 Ruck.

Jacobs is No1 Ruck or pine. Great fit for GWS.

In all the debate over Stuv the one thing that makes me spew the most is talk about his physical fitness at the moment. As if that couldn't be rectified with a month or two of serious fitness conditioning.

One thing you can take to the bank is that if he plays Round 1 next year for the Cats, he won't be trundling onto the ground like he's just scoffed a dozen dimmies and six pack of Coronas.

Why are people put off by Jenkins? Not a contested forward sure, but runs really well and kicks bags. If he is the 3rd tall in a team with 2 of Marshall, Membrey and Max then I think he'd be fine. Late-ish pick and we take on his salary after freeing up space by giving Steven away.

Plays for 2 years in the seniors, gets 1 more after that on the list as depth behind the King boys.

I'd much prefer to keep Bruce but Jenkins would be fine as a stop gap for a few years.
I agree. Could do worse than Jenkins as a mature back up forward/2nd ruck for one or two years.

Just remember if we take any free agents we lose any compensation that we might get for Newnes which we could use to trade for players who are not free agents.
By all reports if Newnes leaves on a 3 year, average salary contract, we will get a 2nd round pick. I'm guessing we will then send that to Sydney for Jones.

Probably contributes to why we cooled on Tomlinson.

I can’t see us getting any of pick 12 from the dogs for Bruce . They do have pick 30 and 48 which equals in the points system around pick 20, and it think that’s about right.
Then pick 30= Jones

By all reports if Newnes leaves on a 3 year, average salary contract, we will get a 2nd round pick. I'm guessing we will then send that to Sydney for Jones.

Probably contributes to why we cooled on Tomlinson.

I could live with that.

In all the debate over Stuv the one thing that makes me spew the most is talk about his physical fitness at the moment. As if that couldn't be rectified with a month or two of serious fitness conditioning.

One thing you can take to the bank is that if he plays Round 1 next year for the Cats, he won't be trundling onto the ground like he's just scoffed a dozen dimmies and six pack of Coronas.

Yeah the guy hasn't lost any ability, he just lost his tank from not working hard. If he was fit (and played) he would have easily won our B+F. He's not over the hill, not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back