List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

OxSaint

All Australian
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which one of his soft tissue injuries and zero AFL games appeals to you most?
I think you might be making more of his injuries then they actually are. Played enough footy this year to suggest he shouldn’t have a line out through.
But your right let’s take 12 to the draft and take a mid half as talented as Caldwell so he can replace Dunstan as our new whipping boy.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Parker almost 6’3... he’s actually a marking mid sized forward who should most definitely be flying for marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he is 2 cm taller than Membrey, it is Lonie, Gresh, Kent etc who should be crumbing. Though as a mid-sized forward he needs to be ready to crumb too which is what he has done on occasion.

Last edited:

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Parker will naturally get better after a couple years in a professional setup , the same can be said with Wilkie , Young , Hind , Mayo even Marsh being back in the AFL fold will benefit.
Also much was said about Max King and Bytel not playing , well it just might be a blessing because we know as 18yr olds they need strength and development which only time will provide - even this year they will not be a finished product but it will have had substantial growth on their development.

The guys that I'm excited to see playing next year are King , Bytel because they are class ,highly touted players , but also Clavarino who battled through preseason and missed the start of the year due to ankle problems , he played around 14 games in the VFL but produced a outstanding game in the last just to show a glimpse of what he is capable of.
At 20yrs of age is another kid who could be a ripper knowing McGovern didn't even play his first AFL game until he was 22.

A special mention must be made about Logan Austin as well , the guy showed from his first year he can get hold of the football and after this years injury riddled season I fully expect him to push for selection in the best 22.

Our squad is loaded with talent and most of it is untapped with Marshall , Battle , Hunter Clark , Wilkie , Coffield , Paton all coming along well.
No matter what people say about the acquisition of Hannebery he will install the professional direction a lot of these young kids need in there growth as AFL players and after a year in getting his body back into condition he his going to be a huge inclusion into our 22 next year.

For some reason St Kilda just seems to have finally turned the corner with the personnel we now have at the club with Ratten , Lade , Roughead , Slatter , Rath , Gubby Allan , Dempster all adding experience to our very young developing side and the re-signing of our top youngsters in Marshall , Billings , Gresham , King , Hunter Clark , Coffield , Paton , Wilkie , Membery , Webster , McKenzie , Bytel , Long we will be in the September action for many years to come.

Things to look forward too this year we never had last year

1/ a fully fit Carlisle
2/ Hannabery ready to go
3/ Webster ready to go
4/ King set to play from round 1
5/ Bytel healthy
6/ Austin healthy
7/ Clavarino having a full preseason and not missing nearly 8 games at the start of the year.
8/ Geary ready to go
9/ having a ruckman (Ryder)who can actually take the field because last year we had 2 that hardly played in Longer and Pierce.
10/ Having a player to help fill Steven's hole in the team as in Brad Hill

Even if we get 7 out of the 10 to play this year it's going to be a massive improvement in our team and after winning 9 games and only being 3 games off 7th position.
Good to see you back to your hugely optimistic if not delusional best Premo! :)

Knew we couldn't make a depressive out of you my friend!

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Parker , adding muscle and weight, could be handy through the mid. The perfect modern mid frame being 1.9m and still nible quick. could use his pace to break lines.

I am not sure Parker has the abilities of a mid in terms of winning the ball and then using it well.

So far he is more a see ball get ball, or see player tackle player type of guy. So playing as on onball mid is a huge stepup. Possibly a wing though.

On the plus side Parker has spent little time with good coaches and so he potentially has plenty of upside for his very raw talent.

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
But who is interested in Newnes? Haven't seen anything in the media.

Exactly. All I heard a while back was that several clubs were looking at him, but not one club has actually been mentioned.

Lets hope GC grab him otherwise he may be going no where.

He looked like a spud against Stef Martin last week. The Giants have won their last two for one major reason. Unbelievable team defence when under siege late in the game. Haven't see anything like it in years. Can't believe it held up two weeks in a row. That said I think the dam wall will finally break against the Tigers in the GF.

I think people are way overrating the couple of good things Mummy did late when everyone was out on their feet. For most part he now looks like the game has passed him by. Grundy made him look like a VFL ruckman.

That said he'll only be playing against Soldo and Nankervis next week.

I don't disagree but I thought Mummy was huge late. Really did everything he could to get more stoppages up and run the clock.

Exactly. All I heard a while back was that several clubs were looking at him, but not one club has actually been mentioned.

Lets hope GC grab him otherwise he may be going no where.

Sydney were mention a while back.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Which one of his soft tissue injuries and zero AFL games appeals to you most?
He did debut in Canberra played quite well and was dropped a week or so later it is a strong midfield, as far as I know he played out the year going well in the NEAFL.

Imo the kid would be a fantastic get but I doubt GWS would be prepared to trade him.

SAIINT

Senior List
Sep 7, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
What are the rules around trading our future second? Can we not trade it or if we trade it then we can't trade our first next year...

stfan

The Fan in Waiting
Mar 12, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
We’re keeping that very close to our chests.
Can confirm that his name is on the whiteboard in the War Room.

Why would they need to keep a FA offer, or potential offer, close our chest? He is a FA and so just walks to the club he chooses.

I mean it is not like a club can organise a FA deal with out the player knowing ;) Indeed it is just the player and the manger who choose.

Last edited:
They have guys like Hopper and Taranto who are like coal miners in tight. They just set up their good mids around the stoppages. Tactically that's what you imagine is common sense. Collingwood mids stood around waiting for others to get the ball for them, too many hanging back off the contest waiting for a cheapy out the back. Players like Mihocek who is usually a gun didn't get a touch before 3/4 time either. Stephenson was rubbish too.

16 contested possessions and 5 center clearances means Zac Williams was really making an effort.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why would they need to keep a FA offer, or potential offer, close you our chest? He is a FA and so just walks to the club he chooses.

I mean it is not like a club can organise a FA deal with out the player knowing ;) Indeed it is just the player and the manger who choose.
Having a lend of the board SF.
Got the devil in me today 😜

I don’t think GWS had the more talented midfield yesterday but most of Grundy’s 750 hitouts played to their advantage.

Especially late in the game, the Giants just wanted contest after contest to tie things up & Grundy kept on tapping the ball straight down at his feet. Needed to get it into some space.

Having said that Taranto was huge inside... what a player. We need to keep after him should he ever want to come home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe talent , or maybe they dug deep. But contested possessions means the other team was trying to get it....and they got it.
Grundy got 20 contested possessions.
16 to Williams , 15 to Hopper, 13 to Perryman, 13 to Kelly.
then.
Moore and Treloar had 12.
Taranto and Maynard had 11.
Haynes and Crisp had 10.
Loyde with 9.

Sorry, GWS had the most talented midfield on the day, unless we were talking about singing or dancing or some crap.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Having so much money involved with Roberton on 700k , McCartin on 350k , Steven 750k and the retiring Armitage on 700k it's going to be interesting how much under we will be under the salary cap again because even bringing in Hill , Jones , Ryder on big money we will still be under the salary cap.
Are we looking at a big move on another player , surely GWS can't keep everyone happy with having so many midfielders - Green , Ward , Coniglio , Kelly , Whitfield , Taranto , Hopper , Williams , Cerra , Hately , Bonar and there most probably a couple more I've missed or are they still in with a chance on getting Brad Crouch.

Still feel Brad Hill , Zac Jones , Ryder are not the only guys we have our eyes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back