List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I threw his name up mid season when he was in the 2s. Sadly they woke up and started to play him.

Reckon he would have been gettable mid season, not so sure now

Last edited:
All flash and no substance ( TG my friends in Sydney are not on here) ☺

I actually love visiting there, I don't think I'd want to live there though. Not enough footy.

Inner suburbs are really nice. Glebe, Surrey Hills, Leichhardt, Balmain

Yeah my mate had a place in Darlinghurst and it was awesome fun. He lived in Bondi and Northern beaches as well and they give me the shits, can't drive anywhere or park near Bondi and Northern beaches are too far. Had mates in Glebe back in the 90s and that was good back then. Last time I went there it had lost something. Surry Hills is good too, I usually stay around there.

Lonie actually not far behind Papley on paper over the last 20 odd games, interesting the difference in perception of value is huge.

Papley has games that look elite where Lones is more constant but less peaks. Papley looks more likely to be a star player.

My Sydney mates call it Browntown. They think it's about as exciting as an accountants convention. They laugh that the biggest tourist attraction is some graffiti in a lane way. The grid thing would be more ammo for them.
You have mates in Sydney?

Thought you were a better judge of character man!

Played about 6 weeks of good footy over 5 years. Can’t tackle, can’t kick, complete liability. Sam Gray elite in comparison

I rate Lonie, I think he's got something. His last half of the year was s**t though.

Played about 6 weeks of good footy over 5 years. Can’t tackle, can’t kick, complete liability. Sam Gray elite in comparison
I guess this is exactly what I'm talking about.
Papley is considered elite, Lonie a dud… but over the last 20 odd games there isn't much between then in loads of important KPI's

Disposals
Kicks
Marks
DE
Shots at Goal
Tackles
Tackles inside 50 - Lonie well ahead, doubling Papley
Goals
Metres gained

Gray is another Weller, Cho would love his strength in the contest.

Papley is considered elite, Lonie a dud… but over the last 20 odd games there isn't much between then in loads of important KPI's

Disposals
Kicks
Marks
DE
Shots at Goal
Tackles
Goals
Metres gained

cant see the stats?

I have and he was talked up a lot at the time, he looks good. Played in the under 17 Allstar match and was best on ground according to some but Rankine was seriously go and have a lie down material that day, he was forced to switch sides because he was getting obscene in his output. I didn't actually rate JBs game that high though. But then I was thinking Walsh was a bit vanilla before Carlton drafted him so I'm no judge. He is a pretty inside type but high accumulator.
I’ve seen him play and even hampered by injury he was still playing good football.

He still made the metro team and they talked quite a bit about him being injured, i guess the kid was trying to push his case. The recruiters are like lemmings look at how far he slid, imagine if he hadn’t played at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lonie shocked me in the first few games of the season , showed he had something - however it is only a small portion of games , but what really hurts him is the lack of distance in his kicking.
At 23 he could still improve but this is his year to show it - Long and Parker look more dangerous but they don't impact the game as much as Lonie.
Long at 22 , Parker at 23 I still feel have far greater up side and have the marking and kicking ability to take it up a notch.

Bit of a downhill skier. Looked okay verse poor opposition but against decent teams he folded like deck chair. I’ve seen lizards that have had a stroke with more go in them then Lonie.
Speaking of Lizards that have had a stroke

Is Mayne going round again next year?

Paddy has another year on his contract. We'd pay him out regardless if he retired this year or next.

He might as well stay and make use of the facilities we have at the club for rehabilitation. Both physical and mental.
If he retires he wouldn't be getting a payout.

Disposals
Kicks
Marks
DE
Shots at Goal
Tackles
Goals
Metres gained

You are looking a bit too much into averages. Lonie has a smaller sample size and a small difference between average numbers turns into a big difference in totals over a whole season.

Yes the actual recent source as you probably know is Sam Edmund, and not Papley himself.

SEN Breakfast newsman Sam Edmund has provided an update on the Tom Papley situation, suggesting he is desperate to get home to Victoria.
The young Swan is contracted through to 2023, but no longer wants to live in Sydney and has personal reasons for his desire to return home.

“Tom Papley was so unhappy at Sydney last year that he questioned whether he wanted to continue playing the game,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.
“His desperation to force a move to a Melbourne based club is underpinned by a desire to get out of Australia’s biggest city and there’s a family concern there as well.
“He wants to get closer to his family who are in Bunyip. He’s really close to his younger brother, his girlfriend lives in Melbourne as well.
“Carlton is seen to be the opportunistic swoopers because Tom doesn’t really care who he plays for.
“He just wants to get back to Melbourne.”

Moorabbin is closer to Bunyip than Carlton is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back