List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my mate had a place in Darlinghurst and it was awesome fun. He lived in Bondi and Northern beaches as well and they give me the s**ts, can't drive anywhere or park near Bondi and Northern beaches are too far. Had mates in Glebe back in the 90s and that was good back then. Last time I went there it had lost something. Surry Hills is good too, I usually stay around there.
Sister in law lived in surrey hills I liked it, they have some appalling suburbs though.

Holidays are different to living as well, the Gold Coast is still a nice place for a couple of weeks Noosa is even better but I wouldn’t want to live in either place.

Well, coming from someone who had a choice of any Aus city to emigrate to, Melbourne won hands down. ( And that was before I’d barely even heard of Aussie Rules 🤣). So they have a bridge and opera house ( and granted a beautiful harbour) but Melbourne is the complete package to me, and to many friends and family from overseas who have visited both.

Melbourne beats Sydney hands down. It may not be as pretty in parts, but overall it's got far more going on than any other city in Australia...and I've lived in most of the major ones, at some point...for good or ill. Funny thing with Sydneysider's is that they compare themselves with cities such as London & New York. I have lived in London, and spent time enough in New York...Sydney isn't close to either...Maybe they ought to temper their aspirations to a level befitting that of Toronto 😆

Personally, I'm not interested in 28 year old list cloggers like Gray. I'd rather us do our research and get younger guys not getting a regular gig at stronger clubs. GWS have a truckload of them. Brisbane's NEAFL team was unbeaten all year. There must be some talent there. Guys like Hateley, Sier etc. are the go if you can get them.

Robbo, Skunk and Steele are three of our best gets in recent years. They don't all turn out as good as them but if they do you can get 7 or 8 seasons out of them for not more than loose change.

Melbourne beats Sydney hands down. It may not be as pretty in parts, but overall it's got far more going on than any other city in Australia...and I've lived in most of the major ones, at some point...for good or ill. Funny thing with Sydneysider's is that they compare themselves with cities such as London & New York. I have lived in London, and spent time enough in New York...Sydney isn't close to either...Maybe they ought to temper their aspirations to a level befitting that of Toronto 😆

Gringo mentioned Glebe back in the 90's. Yeah, it was great back then...only good memories.

Bytel is a unknown , any kid who cops a major back injury before the draft is usually not looked at due to the fact he might not ever recover from it.
But we picked him up because our medical department fully expect the kid to fully recover and knowing the reports from Power his ex coach the kid should of been a top 10 draft pick.

It was a astute move by the club because it usually takes a couple years for the young draft picks to get the build to perform at the top level.
Everyone was hoping Freeman could of come good but just couldn't recover to show his best , but this kid has shown everyone at the club he means business and looks the real deal , highly skilled who is a ball magnet and having guys at the club like Billy Slatter , Hannerbery would no doubt of helped the kid through rehab and create a hunger to achieve.

Max King and Bytel could well be the greatest trade picks we have made for many years - both picked when having major injury issues.

These kids are the future of the club and with King - 19yr 2mth , Bytel - 19yr 6mth , Battle - 21yr 1mth , Hunter Clark - 20yr 6mth , Coffield- 19yr 11mth , Paton - 20yr 11mth , Clavarino - 20yr 4mth , Mayo - 20yr 2mth , Langlands - 20yr 2mth are totally untapped.

The positives this year where we gave a lot of these kids played seniors and this only gives them the experience they need to know what to expect.
Battle - 19 games
Hunter Clark - 14 games
Paton - 13 games
Coffield - 8 games
Langlands - 3 games

Just the 3 games given to Langlands could give the kid the confidence to grow a leg next season , Paton looks to be groomed for taking over Geary's position and Battle , Hunter Clark and Coffield have shown enough to show they are going to be top line players.

Clavarino is the guy I feel will really make a move next year - he missed the start of the season due to a ankle injury and towards the end of the year started to get a bit more of the ball , the last game of the season he was just about best on ground for Sandringham and if he has a good preseason watch out , but he will be pushed by Austin who will be fighting for a position in the side after missing the season because of injury.

However Max King and Bytel will be the headliners next year.
Premo let's put that into perspective though. King has now had 2 season ending injuries in 2 years. Bytel hasn't played at all in 2 years. Clark hasn't played a game in the midfield yet. Coff has gone backwards since his first year. Paton will be a GOP. Clav's never played and never even come close to debuting. Mayo wasn't good enough to even get rookied until the mid season draft, also hasn't played a game and is VERY raw. Langlands can't even kick as far as Lonie, and has no elite traits from what I've seen. From that list of players there is one we know for sure is good. Battle. The rest are all unknown and to say they're the future before most have even played a game let alone strung together a decent season is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The real future of our club are the players who are establishing themselves now. Marshall, Billings, Gresham, Membrey and Battle. That is currently our core group.

Cornes rates us just above Gold Coast - these guys put no thought of feeling for any club they don't follow.

2 games away from 7th and basically not having Carlisle , Hannebery , Steven , Roberton , Geary , Webster , Austin , McCartin , Longer , Pierce , King , Bytel , Armitage

basically 13 players who where unavailable or just not right.

We might not get a lot of them back but surely Carlisle , Hannebery , Roberton , Geary , Austin , King , Bytel , Webster can get back on the park and with Brad Hill , Ryder , Jones and Gray meaning we are going to have 12 more players next year which will move us past a lot of teams and this is not even looking at improvement in Battle , Wilkie , Hunter Clark , Gresham , Billings , Coffield , Paton , Marshall , Membery , Acres , Dunstan , Steele who could all improve due to there age demographic and talent.

stuff all the critics - watch them all jump on when King is booting bags being feed by Billings and Hill.

I still reckon trade the future first for hill. Then snooker GC on king next year. Make em sweat this year.

It's also probably a fairer value of Hill (assuming we finish slightly higher next year... Which only every single fan base on BF does for their team.......) in a compromised draft. Which would more than likely force them to deal this year; our 1st next year is gone, but you can have our pick 6 this year and some extras (McKenzie, Sinclair or Newnes maybe) and avoid another 12 months of talk about Ben's inevitable leaving internally and externally.

Getting cute with getting the King twins together is not something you want to play Russian roulette with.
I reckon they'd fold and trade him this year for pick 6. Otherwise we limit inflation on what he goes for. Which will help.

He will get to his destination if he nominates us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why use pick 6 on a 27 year old Hill? It makes no sense!!! If we were a top 4 side then I could understand. But we are a bottom 4 side. Why not split pick 6 into 2 picks in the teens and take them to the draft and grab 2 midfielders? I think the Saints have lost the plot, lost patience and completely lost any sense of reality.

Gee we're harsh on Lonie. He was very important before his injury not just for his scoring but his half forward link up. Sure he came back and was not as good, I supose after a significant knee injury and coming back with much less fintess that would be the case. However he looked close to breaking out before the injury. Lets not look at his last bit of the season as a reason for his inconsistency. Please.
Lonies problem like Billings and many other players is he misses too many goals.

Gee we're harsh on Lonie. He was very important before his injury not just for his scoring but his half forward link up. Sure he came back and was not as good, I supose after a significant knee injury and coming back with much less fintess that would be the case. However he looked close to breaking out before the injury. Lets not look at his last bit of the season as a reason for his inconsistency. Please.
Lonies problem like Billings and many other players is he misses too many goals.
I really don’t see how people are harsh on him. Seeing his potential and wanting him to get there is not being harsh. Everyone seems to agree he’s in our best team so it’s not like anyone want him gone. He has shown how good he can be in some games and people want him to show it more often. That’s the sort of thing we need to rise up the ladder. I

still can't see the stats.. can anyone else?
Okay, for anyone who struggles with grade 5 maths

Last 22 games for both players (excluding Lonies round 6 first quarter)

Lonie
Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley clearly ahead, but not by the amount you would think… he's also pretty average at forward pressure.

someone didn't watch the grand final sprint
xiWg0gp.jpg

Okay, for anyone who struggles with grade 5 maths

Last 22 games for both players (excluding Lonies round 6 first quarter)

Lonie
Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley

Disposals

Kicks

Marks

Goals

Behinds

Shots at goal

Score involvements

Tackles

Tackles inside 50

Inside 50’s

Pressure Acts

Papley clearly ahead, but not by the amount you would think… he's also pretty average at forward pressure.
Thanks for that KernelT. Thought I was going crazy because I couldn't see the stats you posted! You're a real top campaigner..! :thumbs:

Why use pick 6 on a 27 year old Hill? It makes no sense!!! If we were a top 4 side then I could understand. But we are a bottom 4 side. Why not split pick 6 into 2 picks in the teens and take them to the draft and grab 2 midfielders? I think the Saints have lost the plot, lost patience and completely lost any sense of reality.
Brad is 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back