List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well no we are talking about next years picks, and yes, if we trade in a better pick than we trade out that would improve our leverage to get king.
Well clearly I was talking about what picks we currently have
Not really, we already have enough.
No we don’t.

We currently have picks 5 and 55 this year.

We have 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 2021 1st to use on Bing

The only way getting Bing in becomes an issue is if we trade away our first next year, but we'd still get the deal done IMO.

In fact I think we could trade every pick out besides our first and still do the deal.

If we get a Choice between Freo's second this year and next, this year clearly makes a lot more sense.

Don Pyke as a DFA anyone? :p

Would love him in as a coach. Ruthless campaigner. Like Ross Lyon, I rekon a few of the boys found his style hard to keep up year on year.

Under Ratts he can push that aggressio n but ultimately be ruled/tempered by Ratten's "Loveable Dad" persona.

atlaser

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
For a bloke who 193 cm tall and has kicked a total of 11 goals in his career, Josh Battle seems to get a lot of love as a key forward.

Nick Riewoldt is the same height. Cousin jack is shorter. Tim Membrey is shorter than Jacob Townsend. There's more to it than height as far as forward ability goes, Battle has it in spades in my opinion. Anyway, we have a 6'8 cheetah with cranes for arms waiting in the wings and one of the most dynamic rucks in the comp. Battle is very capable in matchups where the eye test would suggest he is outmatched. There won't be many defenders that will trouble him physically and it won't be his job to deal with the opposition's no.1 gorilla main option. Very useful player to have. Height isn't a problem for this team. Being able to win the ball and deliver it to players near the goals is.

With the changing of the guard comes some tough decisions. Our club is attempting to salvage what it can from this failed rebuild, and make us relevant again asap before supporters give up.
Since Battle and Ming are obviously where the club is putting its money, and since Snake, Roma and *Ryder can all pinch hit that position, it's the right thing to trade Juicy whilst in his prime.
If he goes to the doggies I'll be happy he's at my 2nd team and l hope he snaffles a flag as long as it's not against us..

Or ******* it up again by trading out good players. You don't trade out your better players in their prime unless you are a dumb club.

We will see but to me I reckon it will go down as one of our idiot moves that will see us out of finals for a few more years. Gags and Lethers aren't list managers. They are a bank sales team leader and a media manager at the AFL. We are a trusting lot ready to let any guy who rings up have our bank details and access to our computer.

Another few years of this s**t and I'll follow him to the Dogs.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm preparing my melt for when we trade Bruce.

If we do the trade, legit won't be renewing my membership until R2 2020 after verifying that we're playing some combo of Brown / Snake / Robbo / Traded in Tall (maybe Keath) down back and Ming, Membrey and Battle in the forward line.

If our 'tall' forward line in 2020 is Ming and Membrey then we will turn Ming into Jack Watts Mk II.

I thought Ryder was essentially locked in?
Met with Essendon today

might not be a done deal. it's gonna look bad if we have a crack at ryder and he turns us down.

having said that, i don't think it's a biggie if we miss him. it's not like he massively improves us.

it's just not a good look for the new list boss trying to acquire talent. especially when the new senior coach has publicly highlighted the importance of the list management team to improve the list.

Another few years of this s**t and I'll follow him to the Dogs.
Okay mate; get over to the Western Oval and do what you gotta do.

Then hurry back to your real home.

.....or we’ll start the DVD without you 😉

Mar 10, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Would love him in as a coach. Ruthless campaigner. Like Ross Lyon, I rekon a few of the boys found his style hard to keep up year on year.

Under Ratts he can push that aggressio n but ultimately be ruled/tempered by Ratten's "Loveable Dad" persona.
That lovable dad persona is wor

The “loveable dad”persona is working wonders at Liverpool atm, can’t see why it wouldn’t work for us.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
might not be a done deal. it's gonna look bad if we have a crack at ryder and he turns us down.

having said that, i don't think it's a biggie if we miss him. it's not like he massively improves us.

it's just not a good look for the new list boss trying to acquire talent. especially when the new senior coach has publicly highlighted the importance of the list management team to improve the list.
If I'm Ryder, I'm trying to get to Geelong or Essendon.

He's never been a fan of playing as a forward apparently and he'd be second fiddle to Rowan.

I've said all along, it's going to be hard to find a decent ruck come over as they know they'll be behind Marshall.

Even Rooey who thought Marshall was a forward has changed his tune and has come to the realisation Marshall needs to be first ruck .

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
TBH Freo are in sh1te. Weller, Neal now Hill and Langdon. Hogan on one leg, coach sacked, Sandi gone and Mundy almost if not done. 12 is a reasonable trade, they might just take it and move on..
Didn't someone mention Hill's manager represents a massive percentage of Freo's list - might be a risk for them to stick to an unrealistic price....here's hoping...

Do you prefer your drinks in a brown paper bag :p

Was known to slug away at a bottle of Port back in the younger days, still in its brown paper bag :D

If i could still drink its strong I.P.A's or heavy stouts, i have to be able to taste the stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back