List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s kinda been mentioned here but I recon we should look at trading away next years first for a first this year. Lots of teams will think we will be bottom 4 and if that pick is destined for gc anyway then lets take that option off the table now.

Bruce for 12
12 for hill
Stuv for Constable
2020 first for ~15
Newnes compo for Jones
Ryder a late pick

5 & 15 to the draft and take 2 of Ash, Kemp, Flanders or Williams

2020 2nd and 2021 first for B King
Find a second rounder from somewhere to satisfy the afl.

Furphy tastes like pub draft beer on tap.
I had a six pack of the stubbies that were fine just a decent beer.

Unfortunately I had a six pack of something called a frothy now that I wouldn’t recommend. This is shaping as a trade period where I’ll need a drink, things could be very interesting with so many coaching changes. It would be nice to be able to look forward to it for a change, I’m always glad if we just don’t do anything stupid.

I’m hoping we kill it but it’s hard to see Steven and Bruce walk if that’s what happens.

I come here wanting a genuine chat but will probably get canned and will leave after this post. I don't understand how you guys think you should get pick 12 for Bruce. Josh Bruce has just finished 9th in your B & F and only other top 10 was 2015 when 8th ( i'm pretty sure. He is 27 years old and had 2 top 10 B & F finishes in his career and they were only just.

Then you have some people suggesting that same pick 12 will get you Brad Hill. Hill is younger and won there B & F 2 years ago and will finish top 3 again this year. He is also contracted longer than Bruce.

It seems like the saints are happy to lose Bruce so that drives his price down. I generally think he is worth a pick around 22ish but no doubt none of you will agree.

I come here wanting a genuine chat but will probably get canned and will leave after this post. I don't understand how you guys think you should get pick 12 for Bruce. Josh Bruce has just finished 9th in your B & F and only other top 10 was 2015 when 8th ( i'm pretty sure. He is 27 years old and had 2 top 10 B & F finishes in his career and they were only just.

Then you have some people suggesting that same pick 12 will get you Brad Hill. Hill is younger and won there B & F 2 years ago and will finish top 3 again this year. He is also contracted longer than Bruce.

It seems like the saints are happy to lose Bruce so that drives his price down. I generally think he is worth a pick around 22ish but no doubt none of you will agree.
I understand your point, and tbh it’s be done to death on here with virgin dog.

To me i tend to agree with you that something will go back to you. The argument for 12 however comes down to two points in my eyes.

1) We won’t trade him if 12 isn’t involved.

2) if you don’t get Bruce, which other key forward is on the market?
Looks like Collingwood and the bombers will also be in the market as well now.

B&Fs aren't a good measure of anything. Steven's won 4 for us and we're not going to get two first rounders for him.

You're probably right he's worth about 22 on the free market, but I think he's worth more to us than that pick so if that's all that's forthcoming then we should keep him. Has to be 10-20 for us to let him go IMO.

He is a key forward and KF's are worth more than say mids.

Dogs want him and have reportedly offered the Saints a deal they cannot refuse (Hence the "happy" rumours) . That would not be Pick 22.

Personally I would prefer to keep Bruce. Seems though that the two clubs have done the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends if the doggies want a proven key forward or not. I'd suggest this draft doesn't have much value so pick 12 wouldn't really be giving up too much.

what's jesse hogans best finish for the best and fairest?

Still think the pick has a one in front of it. Probably a late first round pick.

How keen are WB for a proven key forward? By the looks of things you need him. Naughton needs someone who can take the best defender and Schache isn’t that guy.

FREMANTLE has made it clear to St Kilda that its pick five will need to be involved in a deal for star midfielder Bradley Hill.

"Will need to be involved" suggests to me they are not expecting pick 5 straight up.

Although there are no quotes from anyone in the article, so it's just another space filler by a journo talking out if his pipe.

FREMANTLE has made it clear to St Kilda that its pick five will need to be involved in a deal for star midfielder Bradley Hill.

"Will need to be involved" suggests to me they are not expecting pick 5 straight up.
you suggesting we will get something back with Hill ;)

Contracted, proven and required number 1 KPF who is being courted by your club with 'a deal he can't refuse'.
This is why there is an expectation a first rounder will be involved.

Saints have no reason to trade Bruce for standard or under market value like many Dogs fans are expecting. The deal needs to favour StKilda if you want to acquire Bruce.

Go get another KPF then. Plenty of others out there on the market. You are picking our corpse because we have list managers who are trying to base a side around a player not at our club and choosing to stay there for another year. If you could get him for 12 you should grab him and run. Geelong have been bringing the ball inside 50 slowly and Hawkins can't get a goal to save himself. Bruce would kick 70 goals a year at the Dogs.

If I was you guys I'd just take him and run, he's a great character around the club and will be a marquee player that will pay for himself with memberships and jumper sales. Kids line up to get his signature at the Saints.

The Saints will * this up and you'll be the winner from it. We probably only want it to get Kemp because we love an injury bargain. He should try to do the other knee so we are double into him.

Other way around.

2020 first for pick 15 this year. And yes if it’s going to gc anyway.

That is the same trade irrespective whether you write it as 2020 first for pick 15 this year, or as 2019 Pick 15 for 2020 first.

And what do you mean by our first going to GC anyway, when you pick does not have it going to them?
GC would not trade King for a deal where the main trade value is a year after he would have left. They would want the bulk of the trade benefit to be straight away and not deferred. Not steak knives in 2020 and main course in 2021.

He is a key forward and KF's are worth more than say mids.

Dogs want him and have reportedly offered the Saints a deal they cannot refuse (Hence the "happy" rumours) . That would not be Pick 22.

Personally I would prefer to keep Bruce. Seems though that the two clubs have done the deal.

Mids are worth heaps if they win their own ball, Hill is an outside wing man. They generally aren't that highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back