List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right he's worth about 22 on the free market, but I think he's worth more to us than that pick so if that's all that's forthcoming then we should keep him. Has to be 10-20 for us to let him go IMO.
Thanks for all the positive replies.

I think B & F do count and using Steven and saying 2 1st rounders isn't logical. He is 30 has off field issues and is carrying weight wouldnt and shouldnt be 2 1st rounders.

Media is making it sound like you guys dont want him either though. You have king (looks like future star) coming in next year and will be hoping to get his brother next year. Talk of Ryder coming as well. So Bruce might not even be in your best 22 next year. Macartin ( body pending) king membrey Marshall Ryder and Bruce cant all play. Then if you get king next year he could been seen as excess. Apparently on decent $$$ so you might be happy to take our 2nd so free up the $$$.

I think u guys say pick 12 (overs) we say pick 30 (unders) and it will be who blinks 1st. us if we are desperate to get him or you guys if you really are happy to lose him.

Either way interesting to see how it plays out. Thanks for the positive chat

Last edited:

Depends on the mid.
Ross wins his own ball but is cheaper than Cogs.

I still think ability being equal that a CHF is worth more than a mid of the same ability.

I reckon if you shopped Ross he'd get plenty of interest. Big footy isn't the best judge. Coniglio is elite so will always be of more interest but Ross is still an A grade player at his best. Agree a CHF or power forward will always be worth more because they are so hard to get but elite mids are next best and the best of them probably equal.

They paid all their old boys "compensation" outside the draft. They will all be on small contracts while pocketing plenty.

yeap! spot on!

then loading up players like dylan shiel on third party contracts outside the cap

Finished 4th 8th and 11th in 3 of his 4 years and was 4 years younger than Bruce when he was traded

Don't think he's ever kicked over 50 goals a season still. Has ****ed feet and a few issues off field.

That is the same trade irrespective whether you write it as 2020 first for pick 15 this year, or as 2019 Pick 15 for 2020 first.

And what do you mean by our first going to GC anyway, when you pick does not have it going to them?
GC would not trade King for a deal where the main trade value is a year after he would have left. They would want the bulk of the trade benefit to be straight away and not deferred. Not steak knives in 2020 and main course in 2021.
I’m not sure if we haven’t got our wires mixed a little? Maybe not but my kids are fighting so I’m distracted.

I’ve assumed Ben King isn’t coming this year.

Next year Ben will be out of contract and will and will request a trade to us (if rumours are true), this will force the gc coast to take what we have.

They don’t have a choice not to trade him.

I come here wanting a genuine chat but will probably get canned and will leave after this post. I don't understand how you guys think you should get pick 12 for Bruce. Josh Bruce has just finished 9th in your B & F and only other top 10 was 2015 when 8th ( i'm pretty sure. He is 27 years old and had 2 top 10 B & F finishes in his career and they were only just.

Then you have some people suggesting that same pick 12 will get you Brad Hill. Hill is younger and won there B & F 2 years ago and will finish top 3 again this year. He is also contracted longer than Bruce.

It seems like the saints are happy to lose Bruce so that drives his price down. I generally think he is worth a pick around 22ish but no doubt none of you will agree.

It’s kind of like buying a used car. It’s always worth more to the seller than it is to the buyer. If you really want that used car though you will pay for it otherwise the seller will just walk away.
Dogs are offering a lucrative contract which tells me they really want him so they will be prepared to pay above MV to get the deal done.
Bruce realistically sits in the MV range of 15-20. But you don’t have a pick there so it’s pick 12.
Hill isn’t worth pick 5, and probably sits in the 10-15 range. Likewise we don’t have a pick there either. So it comes back to pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think B & F do count and using Steven and saying 2 1st rounders isn't logical. He is 30 has off field issues and is carrying weight wouldnt and shouldnt be 2 1st rounders.

Media is making it sound like you guys dont want him either though. You have king (looks like future star) coming in next year and will be hoping to get his brother next year. Talk of Ryder coming as well. So Bruce might not even be in your best 22 next year. Macartin ( body pending) king membrey Marshall Ryder and Bruce cant all play. Then if you get king next year he could been seen as excess. Apparently on decent $$$ so you might be happy to take our 2nd so free up the $$$.

I think u guys say pick 12 (overs) we say pick 30 (unders) and it will be who blinks 1st. us if we are desperate to get him or you guys if you really are happy to lose him.

Dogs are chasing Bruce hard. It wasn't St Kilda throwing him on the trade table.

I agree pick 12 is high, but 22 won't get it done so I think you'd either have to find a pick between the two or expect to give up 12 with something coming back.

We'd have no need to push out Bruce for a second round pick.

I've been saying all along pick 5 will have to be used on Hill in some way and I think most are coming to the realisation that it will. But our club would be stupid to give it up and then accept a 2nd round pick for a contracted key forward.

trade 5 (6) straight for hill. On balance of probability 5(6) is likely not to be as good as hill so i'd take the straight swap.

I think if we got something back it would involve Acres as well. They have to sell it to their already angry members. Even then it's probably a third rounder.

Dogs are chasing Bruce hard. It wasn't St Kilda throwing him on the trade table.

I agree pick 12 is high, but 22 won't get it done so I think you'd either have to find a pick between the two or expect to give up 12 with something coming back.

We'd have no need to push out Bruce for a second round pick.

If we give something back I'm burning my membership cards. I don't want him gone but if they sell him cheap I'm done until these idiots are gone.

3 season in 40s compared to Bruce 1 season of 50 exactly and 3 in 30s with 4 seasons less
If he’s such a spud what are you doing here.

Seriously we’ve done this to death with virgin dog I’m sure you can take the time to read the posts. I can’t be bothered with more pages of why we should hand you a contracted key position forward for a bargain.

Or ******* it up again by trading out good players. You don't trade out your better players in their prime unless you are a dumb club.

We will see but to me I reckon it will go down as one of our idiot moves that will see us out of finals for a few more years. Gags and Lethers aren't list managers. They are a bank sales team leader and a media manager at the AFL. We are a trusting lot ready to let any guy who rings up have our bank details and access to our computer.

Another few years of this s**t and I'll follow him to the Dogs.
So same old negative opinion there gringo.
I'z gots some news for ya, Bruce is a B grader and has peaked as such. This chicken little act of yours is getting old AF..

Last edited:
So same old negative opinion there gringo.
I'z gots some news for ya, Bruce is a B grader and has peak as such. This chicken little act of youre is getting old AF..

The sad thing I'm not usually wrong. I was telling people our list was no good and that Trout was picking the wrong players. Idiots on here shouted it down and pretty much said the same as you. I think it's dumb list management, I have a right to say it. You don't have to agree. He might not be a superstar but he's one of our best 10 players, it's only because they traded away picks last year that we are selling assets to get back into it.

Yeah, you might be right. But I think you're overplaying our depth in that position. McCartin's gone; King won't play anywhere near every game; Ryder is better in the ruck than as a forward; Marshall is better in the ruck than as a forward. With a bit of bad luck with injuries Bruce could easily play 20 for us next year. If he's not there then I suppose Battle or Carlisle go forward.

Also important that he can play ruck as well (though not well). We currently only have one ruckman on the list (and a Cat B rookie in Alabakis) so we need backup there as well. Even if we get Ryder we need at least one more and some makeshift options.

The $$$ don't matter to us because we're barely paying the minimum, we have trouble getting anyone in the door to pay, even offering a Kelly or Coniglio or Whitfield $1.4m a year.

* knows what the club's thinking, but I think he's worth more to us than he is on the open market, so I'd be keeping him unless we get a godfather offer.

It’s kinda been mentioned here but I recon we should look at trading away next years first for a first this year. Lots of teams will think we will be bottom 4 and if that pick is destined for gc anyway then lets take that option off the table now.

Bruce for 12
12 for hill
Stuv for Constable
2020 first for ~15
Newnes compo for Jones
Ryder a late pick

5 & 15 to the draft and take 2 of Ash, Kemp, Flanders or Williams

2020 2nd and 2021 first for B King
Find a second rounder from somewhere to satisfy the afl.
You forgot to trade Ross and get Keith.
Looks good otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back