List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce for 12 AND a pick upgrade, my god we overrate him

Is he better or worse than Mitch McGovern who was traded for pick 13 & state level goal kicker Shane McAdam?

If you want a 27yo, contested marking CHF who has proven they can kick 50 goals in a season (and who is contracted) then you are gonna pay for him.

Especially in a year where the draft isn't as deep in the first round.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Like swapping it with Geelongs or GWSs future first to drain some equity and use for something useful like another 1st this year..

Depends if we want Ben King. Any deal won’t be done until 2020 so we’ll need a 1st RDP to help get it done. It’s as simple as that.

If we don’t want him, or if the deal can be done this year, then using a future 1st RDP makes more sense.

What so now that you've been proven right and the list is rooted, your answer to the problem is to not do anything about it???
Who said their trading Bruce to get back into the draft anyway?

Complaining what the old list management did is one thing, but complaining what the new list management might do is just wining.
Why on earth would they sack Trout and then continue doing what he did... For god sake man it's as obvious as dogs balls that they're trying to fix the list on a tight string.
You're idea, if you even have one, is that they should continue to hang on to Trouts list and just fritter around the edges with 1 half decent trade each year is gonna see us in the toilet for another decade. Maybe you want that so you can keep complaining and tell us all how you saw it coming.
We have a group of very young potential A grade to elite boys coming through and that's where the club is putting its chips now. But no, lets hang on to a B grade KPF with maturity issues who'll be 30 by the time we're contending. Let's ignore the the fact we have plenty of depth and cover for him with 2 potential elites to come through.
What would you do to fix the list with no budget gringo? Please tell us..

Since Libba took over drafting is better, we have to keep bringing in young talent and developing our kids. Our new plan is to trade out B grade players and get similar B grade players in.

You think the only plan is to take high risk options, which is the other thing we have consistently ****ed up. Mc Evoy for less, Stanley for less, Freeman for nothing, Hanners for 4 games a year etc. If I was a betting man Bruce will be a * up. It's a form line.

We need to keep the course that every other club that climbed off the bottom has done. I think we are panic selling because they stuffed rebuild one and are doing the same s**t as before. Staying the course is smarter than doing stuff to look like stuff is happening.

You are right because your opinion is the same as more of the people on here. That's just arrogance and closed mindedness.

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Since Libba took over drafting is better, we have to keep bringing in young talent and developing our kids. Our new plan is to trade out B grade players and get similar B grade players in.

You think the only plan is to take high risk options, which is the other thing we have consistently f’ed up. Mc Evoy for less, Stanley for less, Freeman for nothing, Hanners for 4 games a year etc. If I was a betting man Bruce will be a fu** up. It's a form line.

We need to keep the course that every other club that climbed off the bottom has done. I think we are panic selling because they stuffed rebuild one and are doing the same s**t as before. Staying the course is smarter than doing stuff to look like stuff is happening.

You are right because your opinion is the same as more of the people on here. That's just arrogance and closed mindedness.

We get it Gringo you dont want to lose Bruce, but at the end of the day you can do back flips on here and you wont change the decision. Time will tell whether the trade is a win, and that will be sometime so give yourself a break and relax old friend.

We get it Gringo you dont want to lose Bruce, but at the end of the day you can do back flips on here and you wont change the decision. Time will tell whether the trade is a win, and that will be sometime so give yourself a break and relax old friend.

Just giving an opinion like everyone else. Just have a different one to most.

Oct 5, 2013
Swifts Creek
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks for all the positive replies.

I think B & F do count and using Steven and saying 2 1st rounders isn't logical. He is 30 has off field issues and is carrying weight wouldnt and shouldnt be 2 1st rounders.

Media is making it sound like you guys dont want him either though. You have king (looks like future star) coming in next year and will be hoping to get his brother next year. Talk of Ryder coming as well. So Bruce might not even be in your best 22 next year. Macartin ( body pending) king membrey Marshall Ryder and Bruce cant all play. Then if you get king next year he could been seen as excess. Apparently on decent $$$ so you might be happy to take our 2nd so free up the $$$.

I think u guys say pick 12 (overs) we say pick 30 (unders) and it will be who blinks 1st. us if we are desperate to get him or you guys if you really are happy to lose him.

Either way interesting to see how it plays out. Thanks for the positive chat
Late to the part but I've got a slightly different perspective.
For the Saints, the only point in trading would be to get a first.
I would have to question the role of Bruce's manager, Bruce has one year on his contract, how much of this is about money, either out of the Saints or some one else.
While every one pushes the opposing ideas of under contract therefore worth more vs not a lot of goals therefore worth less.

I think he has an opportunity to flourish under Ratts, better game plan, better delivery, better support in the forward line would lead him to having a 50 + goal year.

This may be the Doggies best chance to get him.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
After watching that I’m convinced he will go back to Essendon the pull of ex teammates is to strong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah - good move by Ryder - if he goes back to Essendon at least he's got some chance of finding out what he was injected with!!

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda

You think the only plan is to take high risk options, which is the other thing we have consistently f’ed up. Mc Evoy for less, Stanley for less, Freeman for nothing, Hanners for 4 games a year etc. If I was a betting man Bruce will be a fu** up. It's a form line.

Jesus wept gringo. I dunno where to begin.

1. Last year we got Hanners on the cheap. Dual All Australian that needed some time to fix his body after setting the record to get to 200 games. But thats a ****up in your eyes.

.We're seemingly getting Brad Hill. Elite outside mid/wingman. But not a mention of that.

.We're shifiting out a B grade KPF, the only place we have depth, for likely more than he's worth, to (in your words) get a no12 draft pick and invest in the draft exactly like you want, but you complain about that too.

And of course, the new list management must be sh1t, because the guy before him that got fired, and guy before the guy before him, that also got fired, was also sh1t.

From what l can see the club is doing precisely what you're wanting, and you haven't thrown up any suggestions as to how they could do it by other means..
And you've already executed the new blokes coz of what the last blokes did without even the slightest evidence.
You're sooking gringo. There's no other word for it.
Go sit in the room of mirrors until you're feeling better, then crack a beer and get on with it.
Onward and upward my chum..

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Would we do 5 for Hill and 24. Then 24 for Jones?

Yeah I reckon. Ready made, elite winger. To another team, maybe they wouldn't want to give up pick 5 and instead look to split it and play hard ball, but * me when was the last time we had a genuine elite wing? Billings looked close at times this year but I reckon Dal would be the last time, but he wasn't purely outside either.

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
Would we do 5 for Hill and 24. Then 24 for Jones?
I feel like that’s a lot from freos end and 5 straight up is a lot from us.

That’s why I believe it will be 12.

I’m comfortable that Ryder will be a saint. To go back to the club you left because they couldn’t tell you what they stuck in you is a massive uturn.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Depends if we want Ben King. Any deal won’t be done until 2020 so we’ll need a 1st RDP to help get it done. It’s as simple as that.

If we don’t want him, or if the deal can be done this year, then using a future 1st RDP makes more sense.
I think it's a matter of hedging our losses by making sure next years first is a low first that we've already drained of its value.
I could see asking the Cats for their 1st for Stuv and incorporating a future 1st swap as part of it. IMO that would still leave them owing us some reasonable change, but the point being what was pick 7-10 next year is now 15-18 and we can offer 2x firsts which will be difficult for GC to knock back publicly.
For what Bing is worth in the scheme of things l could handle paying picks 16 and 12.
But 8 and 12 seems silly when we don't have to.

Yeah - good move by Ryder - if he goes back to Essendon at least he's got some chance of finding out what he was injected with!!
15duumt.gif

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I feel like that’s a lot from freos end and 5 straight up is a lot from us.

That’s why I believe it will be 12.

I’m comfortable that Ryder will be a saint. To go back to the club you left because they couldn’t tell you what they stuck in you is a massive uturn.
I reckon his heart says to return but his head can't reconcile what they did to him.

Hope we get him.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s a funny one with Ryder.

Would be quite happy to get him and he would help give us depth but not all that fussed if we don’t.

Doubt he would be welcomed back by the * fans after the way he left the club back in 2014 or around then.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Geelong enter the race late either, now that Goldy has resigned with North.

He is 32 at the start of next season, probably his last contract to make good money before he retires. My bet is he goes where he is being paid the most over the longest term.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Ok that’s it. Ignore function enacted. Can’t put up with this utter drivel anymore.

In a week that we’ve all had, I don’t need someone being a constant energy vampire & sucking any bit of enjoyment out of reading this forum. Especially when the same crap is posted three times a day.

You need help Gringo. Don’t bother responding because I won’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok that’s it. Ignore function enacted. Can’t put up with this utter drivel anymore.

In a week that we’ve all had, I don’t need someone being a constant energy vampire & sucking any bit of enjoyment out of reading this forum. Especially when the same crap is posted three times a day.

You need help Gringo. Don’t bother responding because I won’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bit extreme...

He's a good egg despite his cheery disposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back