List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He absolutely had the talent.

Richo just did not want him because he lacked any kind of physical aggression when playing. Given we were his 2nd AFL chance AND he was a mature pick up, that was him done at the top level.

Stick him in next year's team under Ratten and I think he would thrive.

would have been a decent 3rd tall, but not as good as Membrey.

Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm predicting the tall midfielder trend to reverse and clubs will start taking tiny midfielders that can run between the legs of all of these tall midfielders. Potentially a game-changer.

I'm pitching it to a few clubs as we speak.

My presentation is called: Tiny mids. They're the next big thing.
Thank you Caleb

Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
StK never wins a trade according to the AFL media. It takes about 30 seconds of research and an absence of cognitive bias to actually look at a trade with any accuracy.

It took them 3 season to realise that we didn't give up #5 for JC and grow Gresh in a pot plant at Seaford.

To be fair the only player who likely grew out of a pot plant is Lonie...

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints ahead of the pack...

Gresham 179.
Hind 180
Hannebery 181.
Sinclair 181.

the piece d resistance.... we put Jack Lonie in the middle. 175 cm.

Waitwhat?

181cm is small? Oh dear lord, pray for me.

Jeebus, even Lonedog towers over me

cry.gif

would have been a decent 3rd tall, but not as good as Membrey.

Agreed but I think he could easily play the same role for us that Lynch does for the Crows or Blakey did for the Swans this year as a tall HFF/Wing.

Anyway it's a a long way gone.

Fingers crossed this off season is a little more fruitful than previous years!

JimmyMann

Goal Kicking Coach
Nov 19, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe 5 & 55

for

Hill and 24
Yeah that'd be close to a fair deal imo, other potential option would be to do a deal with GWS

5 and 55 for 11 and 15 - would then use 11 to get hill (plus potential Acres as steak knives?)

Keeps us in the first round and honestly if Freo aren't willing to take on 11 plus a fmr 1st round pick than it's not worth trying to make deals with them (shouldn't allow them to just bend us over like they did to GC for Weller)

Note: Freo fans are asking for 5 and Acres

Yeah that'd be close to a fair deal imo, other potential option would be to do a deal with GWS

5 and 55 for 11 and 15 - would then use 11 to get hill (plus potential Acres as steak knives?)

Keeps us in the first round and honestly if Freo aren't willing to take on 11 plus a fmr 1st round pick than it's not worth trying to make deals with them (shouldn't allow them to just bend us over like they did to GC for Weller)

Note: Freo fans are asking for 5 and Acres
Hill & 24 for 5 & Goat I would do it

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Ok boys and girls, I was just reading Rahul's twitter post where he questions why the Swans would be looking at Daniher when they already have two similar forwards in Buddy & young Blakey. Their cap is still apparently in tight spot, especially considering Buddy's last 2 years reportedly being $1m+.

It got me thinking about our predicament if Brucey heads west & we have a young tall forward who hasn't played a game, an undersized KPF and a ruckman suited to being a... well ruckman.

Would you do it?

Would you pull the trigger and bring Bud in for the last 2 years of his deal? Its another salary dump for Sydney that we could benefit enormously from, especially if we can tie him into the Zak Jones deal and get a bargain (pick wise, definitely not cap wise!).

Lets face it, even with Hill's mega-deal, we have oodles of space & $$ to spend. Do we spend it on Buddy, who can look after Minx and still do plenty of damage himself?

It's pretty tempting in my opinion... and maybe it's the missing piece in why Bruce is on the block and why Daniher seems Sydney bound.

His best mate Rough is already in the club so it wouldn't be the strangest thing...
Jeez this is exactly why I pore through pages and pages of dross and dim dim analysis. This is such a great idea I've already emailed JAmes and told him to get it done!!!

Two years of Buddy as Ming develops - fmd - what a sight to behold.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Jeez this is exactly why I pore through pages and pages of dross and dim dim analysis. This is such a great idea I've already emailed JAmes and told him to get it done!!!

Imagine the crowd noise from the city wing when Hill hits Buddy on the chest with a worm burner & they're both wearing red, white and black

#dreams

How many games did Buddy play this year though? All well and good getting him to play with Ming - provided he actually gets on the ground.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Imagine the crowd noise from the city wing when Hill hits Buddy on the chest with a worm burner & they're both wearing red, white and black

#dreams

Unless Bud and Hanners are on all fours trying to inhale the boundary line chalk

#baddreams

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Please tell me your fibbing a bit. Just behind Rowell/Anderson? That makes it a bit harder. I mean. I like him, but top 5???

Not lying have close friends former recruiters we go every year what’s hard about it , sit with current recruiters.

Western Australia’s under 18 prospects really good ..think Henry , Taylor , Sharp will be high in demand.

Speed & footskills pretty high commodity.

Feb 16, 2012
Brunswick East
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think we’re all a bit too happy to throw out a 23yo big bodied mid as ‘steak knives’ for someone who is 4 years older and who’s main trick is unlikely to be as effective at Marvel vs Optus.

Thankfully it looks as though Rattan is a big wrap for Blake so Freo can get stuffed.

Things I would do:
Pick 5 & 55 for Hill & 24 I could live with, no more.
Let Newnes go for a late 2nd
Late 2nd to Sydney for Jones
Ryder for 3/4th rd pick
Draft the best available mid with 24

Things I wouldn’t do:
Trade Bruce
Trade Carlisle
Trade next years first pick

Which doesn’t leave much left to do but back in the list with a new coach and have ******* crack in 2020.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm predicting the tall midfielder trend to reverse and clubs will start taking tiny midfielders that can run between the legs of all of these tall midfielders. Potentially a game-changer.

Lonie likes this 👍🏻

Last edited:
Unless Bud and Hanners are on all fours trying to inhale the boundary line chalk

#baddreams

Buddy and Hanners would keep the medical staff busy. Buddy only played 10 games and is like a walking soft tissue injury.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
How many games did Buddy play this year though? All well and good getting him to play with Ming - provided he actually gets on the ground.
He played his 10th game for the season against us - first game in 10 weeks - but still kicked 4.2.

Cmon - enjoy the thought - a half fit Buddy is pretty much better than most other forwards - him and Ming together - I'd be driving to Melbourne evey week!!

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes

And then “The Dearth of Dwarves” is no more.☹️ Sad really, it was only just gathering legs.😏

Hill is only worth a 1st rounder around 12 to 18 no more we are not a charity no other player should be traded in that deal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree,
But Freo wont their case will be He has a contract and you blokes think he is good enough for $900k x 6yars

Browny2Carlisle

Premiership Player
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Love it. I'll start the rumour that he wants to be around his old mates Hanners, Ratts, roughie and hodge (in this dream scenario we get hodge too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back