List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a piss take account on twitter suggests anything. Nor does John phone numbers gut feel.

ive never seen the fake mark stevens and Johny phone numbers in the same room. just saying.

If we got Buddy for two or three years I’d cry. Can he get fit again? That’s the biggest problem.

Surely we ask the question. He’s one of the greatest of all time.

Not if he doesn't go to training.

To me all the stuff you'd draft an older guy for , all the lead by example..he won't be doing it.
And its not like he could coach younger players to play like him, for the same reason Milne couldn't be a coach. Both of them play on pure instinct.

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
A skinny kid who was playing WAFL colts at the start of this season?
That's not a viable alternative. That's a ticket to pick 1.
Looked good next to king when he was playing. A bit of muscle and king next to him could be a real find. Hes a lovely kick as well. Looked as good as any of our listed players at sandy.

cooperg

All Australian
Oct 3, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is the trade thread.... be quiet. Attention seeker. But no doubt the admins will let you get away with bullying while people have been suspended for nothing...

If you don’t like the conversation, go back to your biased AFL page on facebook and talk about the saints there 😂

Last edited:
If Roberton returns then Battle can go where he is needed. Looks good down back but might be just as good up forward.

I think we can play two key forwards plus Membrey and two key defenders plus Wilkie. There’s enough height at both ends but anything more than that and we lose speed and pressure.

Battle could be like Kosi (but better) Kosi got his rising star nomination and CHB, then moved forward.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looked good next to king when he was playing. A bit of muscle and king next to him could be a real find. Hes a lovely kick as well. Looked as good as any of our listed players at sandy.
LOL.
How do you reckon that Coops?
He played maybe 15 minutes alongside King.
Great sample.
And before you ask, I was there watching both of them.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lenny had a heart condition.
What's your point? Not all heart conditions are the same.. It's like saying someone has cancer. Which cancer?

Lenny's problem was diagnosed and fixed without issue. It cannot be compared at all to Robertons heart problem. Unless something has changed in the last few months, the problem is still that the docs don't know what cause his heart to do what it does. That's the problem, and I can't see him getting cleared to play football until they figure it out and find out how to manage it.

Oct 5, 2013
Swifts Creek
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is there a Henry Playfair thread? Why did he leave....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the Ratts thread, there's an inference that neither Ratts nor Playfair rate each other.
Honestly I could't care less, depending on how we read the stats, we've got the worst offence, the 2nd worst midfield and the 2nd worst defense.

Our list is thin on talent and horribly unbalanced. Losing Playfair is the least of our problems bu a very long margin.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Probably a stupid thing to say and many will disagree, but if we only got 10 games out of Buddy a season I’d be all for it.

We need someone to put us back on the map because unfortunately we’re that far off it.

If you guaranteed me no off field indiscretions and 10-12 games a season for 3 years I’ll bite your hand off.

We need some PR and a few superstars to take us back to the 05-10 days.
He kicked 27 in 10 games this year… the dude is genuine goat-worthy, wouldn't mind seeing him kick his 1000th goal in a saints jumper :fire:

Nov 1, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't forget, Buddy can't torch you in a milestone game if he's on your side

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
LOL.
Great sample.
Hes a very good player anyone can see it. 15 minutes or whatever. He didnt have any impact up forward when king got injured. Hence why he was moved to a wing. I saw it you must have been watching someone else. Even the coaches saw it obviously.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
You are still just assuming and your experiences are irrelevant because you don't know the person.

I'd say hypothesisng about someones behaviour, social and financial status based on race is far worse than an opinion of if someone is, in their eyes, attractive or not.

I mean the fact that you based your opinion of this woman on your past experiences of other people with what you assume to be similar circumstances IS stereotyping.
ok well time to agree to disagree, back to the trades!

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hes a very good player anyone can see it. 15 minutes or whatever. He didnt have any impact up forward when king got injured. Hence why he was moved to a wing. I saw it you must have been watching someone else. Even the coaches saw it obviously.

Very good player? Seems you don’t even have to play an AFL match for people to call you a very good player.

With all due respect mate, he’s been given a one year rookie contract and didn’t get near the team this year. He might be a decent prospect but I’m not expecting all that much from the kid.

What's your point? Not all heart conditions are the same.. It's like saying someone has cancer. Which cancer?

Lenny's problem was diagnosed and fixed without issue. It cannot be compared at all to Robertons heart problem. Unless something has changed in the last few months, the problem is still that the docs don't know what cause his heart to do what it does. That's the problem, and I can't see him getting cleared to play football until they figure it out and find out how to manage it.

Well done you figured out my point.

We wouldn't have drafted him from a State Level league if he didn't look good at state level.

This was Mayo's big game on the wing, after King was injured.

Kicked 3 against the Blues, prior to that , nothing startling as a forward.

CarnTheSAINTERS

All Australian
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Max king needs support. That’s why we need Bruce. I’ve said it before but some people don’t get it. Like roo, he needs someone to take the heat off for the first couple of seasons. Membrey Bruce and king would be a awesome forward combo. The other option is we are looking to play battle forward but he’s only 20 - 21 as well. Bruce is our only tall In is absolute prime that can play forward. Membrey is a third tall so basically we can fit them. That’s why we need him.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
LOL.
Great sample.

The Max & Mayo Show was also on at Coburg the week before Max was hurt.

So about 60 mins actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back