List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because IMO there was many many times where his form at VFL level warranted a chance at AFL level and the chance wasnt given to him where other players that VFL form or AFL form didn't warranted a chance in the seniors or hold their spot ahead of him yet they did. I also remember how wrapped some at the club were when we drafted him.

And yes i watch a lot of Sandy footy

Chris Ma
I forgot about Jimmy! Has to be in the best kicking team. He is derided for turning it over when going for the near impossible. That is not a bad kick - simply pushing the envelope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry - you've got your rose coloured glasses on - Webster certainly looks like nice kick - but he's very inconsistent - misses way to many targets to be considered even a good kick.

Because IMO there was many many times where his form at VFL level warranted a chance at AFL level and the chance wasnt given to him where other players that VFL form or AFL form didn't warranted a chance in the seniors or hold their spot ahead of him yet they did. I also remember how wrapped some at the club were when we drafted him.

And yes i watch a lot of Sandy footy
Fair enough, just asking.

It is interesting that Ratten didn't play him once during his stint at coaching though.

Not if he doesn't go to training.

To me all the stuff you'd draft an older guy for , all the lead by example..he won't be doing it.
And its not like he could coach younger players to play like him, for the same reason Milne couldn't be a coach. Both of them play on pure instinct.
27 goals in 10 games including 4 against us after a 10 week layoff and an early return simp!y so that he could get to 300 games playing for the Swans proves that he doesn't need to train. Anyway - get used to it - Buddy will be a Sainter next year.

Looked good next to king when he was playing. A bit of muscle and king next to him could be a real find. Hes a lovely kick as well. Looked as good as any of our listed players at sandy.
None of our Sandy listed player look that good, so it's not the highest compliment I've ever heard.

If he comes on, thats great, but going into next season expecting anything serviceable from him would be a big big mistake.

Chris Ma
Sorry - you've got your rose coloured glasses on - Webster certainly looks like nice kick - but he's very inconsistent - misses way to many targets to be considered even a good kick.

I reckon JWeb is a very good kick. He tries to do too much at times but we need blokes who will try to break the game open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good player? Seems you don’t even have to play an AFL match for people to call you a very good player.

With all due respect mate, he’s been given a one year rookie contract and didn’t get near the team this year. He might be a decent prospect but I’m not expecting all that much from the kid.

Rookie. You mean like Milney, Roma, Gears etc?

Anyway - get used to it - Buddy will be a Sainter next year.
i thought he was more a basketballer ....
MV5BMzQxODE4MzEyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjk2OTY4ODE@._V1_.jpg

Boz gets a lot right and often doesn’t call things until they’re effectively done. Shame, still wanted Constable out of it, this is a rort.

Pick 34 or 52 for our best player.
It would be a joke - except it’s far from funny.

Might be that the club are keen to have him off the books aswell. Not dissimilar to how we got Hannebery last year.

Maybe. But we don’t have to give him away.
We got a bad deal for Cripps’ homesickness as well if I recall.
I’m happy for Jack if that’s what he needs to do, but I don’t think we have to like being taken advantage of by the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boz gets a lot right and often doesn’t call things until they’re effectively done. Shame, still wanted Constable out of it, this is a rort.

That’s basically a packet of twisties... how the hell can we allow our best player to leave for that. Regardless of the sensitivities of the situation, only one club is doing well out of that situation and it isn’t us. It’s far from acceptable.

Last edited:
Before we have full blown conniptions about Stuv's trade, let's wait till it's confirmed

If we do actually lose him for a late 2nd or early 3rd I'll happily lead the rebellion, but I'm keeping my pitchfork safely stowed away for now.

At this stage of the silly season I believe one tenth of what I see, one twentieth of what I hear and none of what I read

Confirmed
Before we have full blown conniptions about Stuv's trade, let's wait till it's confirmed

If we do actually lose him for a late 2nd or early 3rd I'll happily lead the rebellion, but I'm keeping my pitchfork safely stowed away for now.

At this stage of the silly season I believe one tenth of what I see, one twentieth of what I hear and none of what I read

If Steven leaves then it's going to be a for a bit around the 30s. Let's just prepare ourselves for that because it's how it will work out. Not saying I like it but the fact is he's 30 years old, has barely played in a year and has issues. It sucks massively for us but the positive is it gets a big contract off the books and means we have money to offer others.

Just hope it's the right thing for Jack because there'll be pressure on him.

Everyday I check this thread every 30 minutes hoping I haven’t missed something. For my own sanity I may need to go cold turkey until the Monday after the GF when things actually happen.
For your sanity you may need to go cold turkey till the last day of trades

Buddy in as a FA as a direct replacement for bruce (for pick 12 which is used on b crouch) is an idea I can definately get behind.

We then play membery and king up the ground on the wings, with buddy at chf and resting ruck at FF.
I reckon Buddy will be lucky to play half a season next year. Hasnt done a pre season i think in 2 years and Sydney is just getting him thru with limited training during the week similar to how they kept playing Hanners, but Buddys got a lot more ks on the clock. I wouldnt take the risk as much as i would live seeing Buddy in saints colours - Sadly I reckon hes cooked

tbh would rather keep stuv if that's all they're offering

There’s no way the club will not allow him to go if he wants to - and it appears he does.

There’s no way the club will not allow him to go if he wants to - and it appears he does.

i'd hoped with a new voice in ratten, a new off-season and some time under his belt that may change

:-(

Hes a very good player anyone can see it. 15 minutes or whatever. He didnt have any impact up forward when king got injured. Hence why he was moved to a wing. I saw it you must have been watching someone else. Even the coaches saw it obviously.
Haha.
Great sample size there Coops.
15 minutes and you rate the guy.
I couldn’t help but see Mayo given I was standing next to the oppo bench and Mayo led there a couple of times. IIRC he attempted a contested mark right in front of me.
But I’m smart enough to understand that 15 minutes tells me nothing about a player.
Apparently that’s enough for you.
You’re dreaming.

PS: No one had any impact after King got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back