List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the forum.
In 2018 we sh@t the bed. I believe one of the reasons was Bruce not playing the majority of the season.
How big an impact do you think trading Bruce will have?
I don’t think he can be covered by Max or Paddy or even Roma... my opinion is that no Bruce = almost certainly less wins vs 2019

Fact is we have nobody who could fill his shoes right now. Unless we've got another key forward lined up to come in that we haven't heard of, it's going to really set us back to lose him.

Surely we have Pride covered? Finnis maybe.

Gluttony could be the dim sim-gobbling beer swilling section of the fanbase.

Envy could be Andrew Bassat regarding Hawthorn so enviously that he was compelled to hire half their staff.

Avarice, insatiable longing for money food or power. I'll go with Bloodthirsty Brett Ratten, knifing his good mate Richo on his craven search for power at St Kilda, and his desire for success as Head Coach.

Sorted. You're welcome.
(Jus joking about the knifing part obviously)

How could I have missed Finnis and pride? 😂

Question for the forum.
In 2018 we sh@t the bed. I believe one of the reasons was Bruce not playing the majority of the season.
How big an impact do you think trading Bruce will have?
I don’t think he can be covered by Max or Paddy or even Roma... my opinion is that no Bruce = almost certainly less wins vs 2019

We get another soft draw. With the rumoured ins and outs I don't think we will be any worse next year. Can't expect much with potentially a big list turnover, the players would need time to gel. We also can't rely on Max, if we are to rise up the ladder at all we will need a good return from our small forwards (Kent, Parker, Lonie, Gresh, Long, Gray(?)). Need a couple of those guys to catch fire - and that is not an invitation to bring Clint Jones back to the club.

Should make finals in 2021.

Surely we have Pride covered? Finnis maybe.

Gluttony could be the dim sim-gobbling beer swilling section of the fanbase.

Envy could be Andrew Bassat regarding Hawthorn so enviously that he was compelled to hire half their staff.

Avarice, insatiable longing for money food or power. I'll go with Bloodthirsty Brett Ratten, knifing his good mate Richo on his craven search for power at St Kilda, and his desire for success as Head Coach.

Sorted. You're welcome.
(Jus joking about the knifing part obviously)

Just need Bassat to grab Stephen Wells now

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

@TomBrowne7
says Isaac Smith will stay at Hawthorn, while St Kilda are firming in the race for Alex Keath and Zak Jones.

There is fair a bit of a difference between likely, and firming. But then listening to the audio he then says we are in the box seat !

LISTEN HERE: http://bit.ly/2kUE3ab

I would take that with a large grain of salt.
I really don’t see how that contradicts what I said.

If we could get either Jones or Keath for Steven that seems an alright deal for the long term, with either guy able to make an immediate impact.

But they may be a bullish trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the ideas for a pick swap to get Hill in?

Initially I feel we want to trade 5 for a 10&18 type then send 10 for Hill.

I know Freo will say 5 or GTFO but still

So heres our play with Jack.....

We hold him to his contract, pay his full wage, and the AFL allows him to play for Lorne reserves.

Mental health is sorted, and we don't give a free hit to a team thats missed the finals once in 13 frickin years. Get stuffed Geelong....
Put Freo and Geelong in a room with Steven and thingo from Freo on the table and tell the Cats they can have their man when they satisfy Freo’s price for Thingo...

I reckon the contract that Geelong would give him wouldn't net us a great pick via FA anyway.

400k X 2 or 3? - band 3 or 4

Band 3 (mid 20's) would be better than what Geelong will offer us.

That's what i was thinking too.
What happens if we lose both Jack's to free agency? What does that do to the compensation?

Jack Steven has given us good service for years and has tasted little success at a low performing club- he should be allowed to do what he wants... he's earned it.
not so sure about this...that's why FA is there. He's not a FA.

not so sure about this...that's why FA is there. He's not a FA.
Even though he has played some great footy over the years, his current value is probably not as high as some here think. I'm sure Geelong would like him, but they will only trade with us on his value to their senior team from 2020 on, as he's no walk up start and a question over his issues still remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back