Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Brad Crouch

“He’s gone to the Crows and his management has started talks on a five-year deal. He wants a long-term deal beyond his contract for 2020, but his management is also at the same time is still shopping him around to teams like Gold Coast and St Kilda.”

- Mitch Cleary
Hmm, this smells like posturing for better money at the Crows. Unlikely to come.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Brad Crouch

“He’s gone to the Crows and his management has started talks on a five-year deal. He wants a long-term deal beyond his contract for 2020, but his management is also at the same time is still shopping him around to teams like Gold Coast and St Kilda.”

- Mitch Cleary
Yeah sounds like he's just pushing for a better contract.

Crouch has stated he wants to stay and they are already in talks. Probably being offered 4 years and he's pushing for 5 or something

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Maybe, but all three of those players are miles better than Newnes in my opinion. If we get a 2nd rounder for Newnes the club should buy a lotto ticket.

Free agency comps had very little to do with the quality of the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people put off by Jenkins? Not a contested forward sure, but runs really well and kicks bags. If he is the 3rd tall in a team with 2 of Marshall, Membrey and Max then I think he'd be fine. Late-ish pick and we take on his salary after freeing up space by giving Steven away.

Plays for 2 years in the seniors, gets 1 more after that on the list as depth behind the King boys.

I'd much prefer to keep Bruce but Jenkins would be fine as a stop gap for a few years.

Jenkins is a big small forward. He's Jamie Cripps on stilts. King at GC isn't contested either so you have two guys who don't contest. We bomb the ball so it would kill our scoring.

I can’t see us getting any of pick 12 from the dogs for Bruce . They do have pick 30 and 48 which equals in the points system around pick 20, and it think that’s about right.
Then pick 30= Jones

We might as well move to Tassie now if we sell off Bruce and Stuv don't get us a pick inside 30. We are officially trying to tank ourselves there.

If we were to get 30 and 41 for Bruce

30 would be enough to get Jones i think

Would 41 be enough to get Keath? Maybe a bit short.

I'd be happy with that deal if it got us those two and if the plan is to play Battle forward

I want Jones but not to sell Bruce for him. We will have to give up 2 firsts to replace him with King. He's not much off Hogan who got heaps and a top 10 goal kicker in the AFL in a side with the second worst midfield in the AFL and maybe ever. Sydney want a first round pick for him anyway. He'll cost a pick around 19 to 25 INO. Best chance would be a future second with them hoping we finish second last. Keath would want a second apparently too.

If we get Keath, it will offset Bruce since we can move Battle forward.

Battle is more third tall. I think people will rate Bruce a lot higher once we don't have him. Power forwards are hard to find. We are hoping battle who's played a handful of games as a third tall can play his spot or King a guy who's played a handful of games since his 17th birthday.

I can’t see us getting any of pick 12 from the dogs for Bruce . They do have pick 30 and 48 which equals in the points system around pick 20, and it think that’s about right.
Then pick 30= Jones

Points are crap for anything except academy and f/s. The draft tails off. Its 1 potential gun vs 2 likely losers.

Remember when Collingwood got a first rounder for Sharrod Wellingham. And I’m reading posts in here about us being a strong club.....pfft.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I want Jones but not to sell Bruce for him. We will have to give up 2 firsts to replace him with King. He's not much off Hogan who got heaps and a top 10 goal kicker in the AFL in a side with the second worst midfield in the AFL and maybe ever. Sydney want a first round pick for him anyway. He'll cost a pick around 19 to 25 INO. Best chance would be a future second with them hoping we finish second last. Keath would want a second apparently too.
Bruce is no where near as good as Hogan

Sydney might want a first for Jones but they won't get it

Not sure what Keath would cost, but as I said, if we got both for Bruce it's a good deal. If not then we don't do it.

Bruce is no where near as good as Hogan

Sydney might want a first for Jones but they won't get it

Not sure what Keath would cost, but as I said, if we got both for Bruce it's a good deal. If not then we don't do it.

I'd say that's the definition of dilution. Turn your better players into beige. The forward line is the least of our problems so we take a problem in the midfield and shift it to the forward line. Keath is bland, Jones is like a speedier Dunny. I like Dunny but I'm not selling the farm for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back