List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think having Acres in or out of the team up to this stage had much effect on the result, so better he has a go at Freo.

Agreed, and to think we will be paying a part of his wage on top of that! A heft part at that.

Disgusting that Geelong would play on someone else's mental health to reduce his price and to say things like "He's not worth that much to us" and say on (paraphrasing)

Bellend screwed us big time too. Thank God Port are absolutely useless at the trade table.

absolute garbage. Geelong taking a huge risk with Steven. We will get what he’s worth, which isn’t much, and we are only paying about one quarter of his wage for one year.

Brucey and Blacres are two of my absolute faves but I can't melt over what's happening. We have competent people running the club now so I'm sure they're working all this out.

Butler in means we have plenty of small forward coverage so that leads me to think that Gresh stays mainly mid next year. So these are the following midfield players ahead of Blake:

Hanners, Billings, Steele, Hill, Gresh, Seb, Clark, Dunstan (a role player yes, but does that role pretty well). We also have Bytel yet to debut who was very highly rates before his injury; and if Zones comes in (presumably to play mainly HBF and mid) then we have up to 10 players ahead of Blake.

I think it's clear that the list managers have realised that either one or both of Blacres and Sincs are probably going to be surplus to requirements next year and have acted accordingly.

Nar, we'd be giving up 2 first rounders if that were the case.

Lever, Treloa, Shiel... 2 firsts as part of the deal

1 All Australian between the 3 of them.
We essentially are giving up 2 first rounders though...

2nd and Blake would probably fetch a mid - late first.

Let's not forget Acres WAS a first round pick.

Horrible return for Hill.

Lol we are paying the price of a yearly AA lock and brownlow candidate.

I really wanted Hill but he is neither of those things.

you have to pay overs 95% of the time for contracted players.. come round 1 I’m sure you will see otherwise once he’s running around in the red white black

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the best mates club will be splitting up Acres/Marshall/Dunstan/Steele and a few more could find themselves on the chopping block in Newnes/Lonie/McCartin/Sinclair.

Far too long we have accepted mediocrity and used the 'young side' speech when our development has been questioned. This is the first time over the last 17 years of following this club that i can say we have been ruthless in the way we operate. Previously it was careless.

As we have seen this trade period, how we value players and what they are actually worth on the open market are polar opposites. Newnes as an example has been a mainstay in our 18 for the past 8 years. Not 1 club touched him for free! that tells you everything you need to know about our level of performance and no wonder we haven't made the finals in years.

Acres being taken with pick 19 six years ago is not relevant to his value right now.
Spot on mate , people need to get it out of their heads , it doesnt matter what we payed for him or anyone else , its what they are worth now.
So i guess Paddy is still worth a second round pick :rolleyes:

Spot on mate , people need to get it out of their heads , it doesnt matter what we payed for him or anyone else , its what they are worth now.
So i guess Paddy is still worth a second round pick :rolleyes:
And we should get nothing for Members or Marshall if they trade them as one was a DFA and they other a second round rookie.

ok.

absolute garbage. Geelong taking a huge risk with Steven. We will get what he’s worth, which isn’t much, and we are only paying about one quarter of his wage for one year.
Sorry, but I don't get the Geelong taking a huge risk part. Jack played the last 3 games for the year and seemed in good spirit. If he wasn't in a good place then we wouldn't have played him. People are talking like he missed the whole year.

I'm far from a MH expert and realise his circumstances can change but I'd back Stuv to be in the Cats Round 1 team and finish top 10 in their B & F. Won't be a bad return for a paying a bag of peanuts and having help with his salary.

Acres hasn't even toured the facilities or done the medical.

Now that we know it's a salary dump, I hope he accepts. 2nd round & 58 thrown in with it is too much though.

If we are looking at "the 6th player", I don't see what valuable commodities we have to actually do anything once Butler and Jones are done.
How do you know that , its been all over the radio he did the medical last night about 10.00pm last night our time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back