List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, he said that Saints will have a hard time getting it all done. Never said that they won't get done

Adelaide being absolute w***ers. Seems like the doggies and Saints will work out a deal where both parties are happy (no stand off tatics etc)
Not sure it's all Adelaides fault to be fair.

Dogs went into the trade period expecting to get 2 good KPP's with a heap of s**t picks.

Keath is worth pick 32 IMO and Bruce higher than that.

Dogs have just sat on their hands and done nothing besides offer unders for each player.

I don't care if we only get 34 as it will likely end up at Sydney, but no can understand why it's taking so long.

Also, do you actually believe our Gallagher, Lethlean and Gubby were not talking to each other about each deal and just doing their own thing??

Dogs went into the trade period expecting to get 2 good KPP's with a heap of s**t picks.

Dogs have just sat on their hands and done nothing besides offer unders for each player.

I don't care if we only get 34 as it will likely end up at Sydney, but no can understand why it's taking so long.

well said

Dont be surprised if we get Jones without the Bruce deal.
We may yet keep Josh. Terrible look for Bains.
Raided his old club for contracted player, tried to lowball and then didn't get it done.

Who would put their hand up for that s**t if you were a player? Amateur hour.

Doing a trade ban until 3pm on the last day is f**king stupid given that many trades hinge off each other.

I get that AFL House would have expected more deals to have been done in the previous few days but now they face a logjam of trades actually getting lodged (i.e. the paperwork getting done) and tbh it probably means there's more than a few that will fall on the wayside due to there just not being enough time to properly explore the permutations after the 'big' deals (which in this period would be Hill, Papley, Daniher, Martin) get finalised.

People are at work anyway, it doesn't build drama or excitement. I'd support trade period being three days in future.

Also, do you actually believe our Gallagher, Lethlean and Gubby were not talking to each other about each deal and just doing their own thing??
Adelaide will get nothing for Keath if they don't accept the trade, their call

We will be fine even if we don't get our trades. They would be ideal but not crucial (hence why the low picks).

Seems like we have a good pick at 13, why would they risk it? We have nailed our draft for some time, so can understand why they're confident in keeping it

Doing a trade ban until 3pm on the last day is f**king stupid given that many trades hinge off each other.

I get that AFL House would have expected more deals to have been done in the previous few days but now they face a logjam of trades actually getting lodged (i.e. the paperwork getting done) and tbh it probably means there's more than a few that will fall on the wayside due to there just not being enough time to properly explore the permutations after the 'big' deals (which in this period would be Hill, Papley, Daniher, Martin) get finalised.

People are at work anyway, it doesn't build drama or excitement. I'd support trade period being three days in future.
What a joke. I didn't even realise they were doing that. Ridiculous.

Next year make it three days and televise the lot if you want your precious ratings. :rolleyes:

What are everyone's expectations on next year provided we get these deals done today (Hill, Jones)? On average each year 3 out of 8 teams drop out of the top 8. And I honestly can't see the teams that finished ahead of us (Port, Crows, North, Freo) making the jump. Hawthorn I could, maybe Carlton as a smokey but even that would seem unlikely. Melbourne? Find it hard to see them rocket up the ladder again as well. Playing a similar draw to this year, and adding some decent players I could see us as a 11/12 win team, putting us on the cusp of finals. Does anyone else see it like that or should expectations be lowered or raised?

Dont be surprised if we get Jones without the Bruce deal.
We may yet keep Josh. Terrible look for Bains.
Raided his old club for contracted player, tried to lowball and then didn't get it done.

Who would put their hand up for that s**t if you were a player? Amateur hour.

That would be the cherry on the top of a great trade period.
Really hope it works out that way.
( Give Brucey a little bonus this year to keep him happy.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be fine even if we don't get our trades. They would be ideal but not crucial (hence why the low picks).

Seems like we have a good pick at 13, why would they risk it? We have nailed our draft for some time, so can understand why they're confident in keeping it
Why risk it? You have offered a contracted player 4 x 750 and then tried to lowball.

Absolute poor trading

Why risk it? You have offered a contracted player 4 x 750 and then tried to lowball.

Absolute poor trading
If the dogs parted with their precious pick 13, they would have Bruce and Keath at the club - it just makes no sense to me.

That's fine if you want to keep 13, but you need to find other ways. Trading up, using a future pick, trading out a player.

It is a poor look to offer big contracts and then not be willing to at least give a fair trade in return.

What are everyone's expectations on next year provided we get these deals done today (Hill, Jones)? On average each year 3 out of 8 teams drop out of the top 8. And I honestly can't see the teams that finished ahead of us (Port, Crows, North, Freo) making the jump. Hawthorn I could, maybe Carlton as a smokey but even that would seem unlikely. Melbourne? Find it hard to see them rocket up the ladder again as well. Playing a similar draw to this year, and adding some decent players I could see us as a 11/12 win team, putting us on the cusp of finals. Does anyone else see it like that or should expectations be lowered or raised?
I see us improving and challenging for the eight but likely not making it. Ditto for Carlton. Both clubs will want to be in the eight in 2021 and pushing top four after that. I see a lot of similarities between the two clubs (probably because I watch them both closely too) and if both get all their trades done, a rise up the ladder is inevitable.

That's fine if you want to keep 13, but you need to find other ways. Trading up, using a future pick, trading out a player.

It is a poor look to offer big contracts and then not be willing to at least give a fair trade in return.
I forget if I already asked this but is a future 2nd for Bruce a good deal? For both parties?

I'm sure the paperwork has all been drawn up, it will just be the signatures being jotted down. Would be surprised if any deals are impacted whatsoever.

Honestly where would Acres play next year with Hill & Jones coming in? We have Billings on one wing, hopefully going half forward at times which would leave Hill & Jones on the wings, who both have pace which is what we have been SCREAMING out for the last couple of years. Clark has gone past him for a midfield spot, as hopefully Hanners does if he can stay injury free. Future 3rd round pick for a fringe player on decent coin? I'll take it everyday of the week.
Would rather Acres on a wing than Jones, comfortably.

I'm sure the paperwork has all been drawn up, it will just be the signatures being jotted down. Would be surprised if any deals are impacted whatsoever.
yeah i don't think any deals will be impacted, I'm just annoyed that they put a freeze until 3PM - makes for (another) boring day)

You're a competing team next year and with Bruce and Keath next year in your team top 4... is a no brainer... Pick 13 for 2 starters... Would do it in a heartbeat if I was your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back