List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

From the previous thread answering to triggering bro.

Tend to disagree.
Hill outstanding outside runner
Jones outside mid that will compliment our inside players
Howard, listen to the Port supporters and Port media like Russell and Cornes. Essendon and North were extremely keen.
Butler is anything but fringe. Exactly what we need.
Ryder was steak knives and insurance

I think anyone complaining about what we have done this TP will never be pleased in my opinion.
Personally, I would like to see finals again and we weren't doing that unless we changed the list.

From the previous thread answering to triggering bro.

Tend to disagree.
Hill outstanding outside runner
Jones outside mid that will compliment our inside players
Howard, listen to the Port supporters and Port media like Russell and Cornes. Essendon and North were extremely keen.
Butler is anything but fringe. Exactly what we need.
Ryder was steak knives and insurance

I think anyone complaining about what we have done this TP will never be pleased in my opinion.
Personally, I would like to see finals again and we weren't doing that unless we changed the list.
And from the players we look like loosing only Bruce will be missed , we have no idea what stuv we will be getting , the great one from a few years ago or the one that plays three games a year , Blake is or was no cert for best 22 anymore with kids coming through and imports coming in

The Dockers move will be good for Acres. I'll follow his career with interest as a guy that has really good potential. However, the fact we are willing to trade him suggests to me that Ratts doesn't rate him. I'm comfortable with that.

At the end of the day we need to get these deals done. Hill and Jones will be awesome pick ups. Should be an exciting day.

Cannot quote the post from the other thread but is Roberton expected to make a comeback?

and I’m so glad that the AFL is going to forcefully drag this out to create synthetic drama and madness. FFS

Come on team. Let's get to part VI

My take:

Yep, it appears we may be paying a little bit too much for Hill but the guy is all class and will completely change the team. He is exactly what we have been crying out for - someone to finish off the work from those on the inside. He will also take pressure off Hunter, Bytel etc and give them the chance to build their games without having to be the main men.

Centreline 2020-

Hill Hanners Billings

Just WOW!!

I hope Acres goes well at Freo but it's pretty apparent his papers were stamped at Moorabbin. It's a shame bc he has such upside, but I think he was never going to really show it with us. Better for him that he moves on and gets a fresh start.

Extremely happy so far and I'm not gonna let the Hill trade ruin my high, man.

Cannot quote the post from the other thread but is Roberton expected to make a comeback?

and I’m so glad that the AFL is going to forcefully drag this out to create synthetic drama and madness. FFS

Isnt there some BS media coverage of the last 2 hours? makes you think the AFL tell the clubs to hold the biggest trades back until the deadline.

The Dockers move will be good for Acres. I'll follow his career with interest as a guy that has really good potential. However, the fact we are willing to trade him suggests to me that Ratts doesn't rate him. I'm comfortable with that.

At the end of the day we need to get these deals done. Hill and Jones will be awesome pick ups. Should be an exciting day.
You think Ratts didnt rate him and thats why he was traded ? ok

Is the talk pick 58 for Stuv? I just assumed it was another pick added to the one we initially rejected.
giphy.gif

Replying from last thread.
Acres confided in those close to him that he had no choice but to explore the Dockers option but was deeply hurt by St Kilda’s manoeuvre, which will take him away from close friends and a club which has been his home for six years."

emoji3525.png

Bye bye Blake, hope it works out for you back home.

Unfortunately that’s AFL footy. Acres isn’t the first and won’t be the last person to experience something like this.

At least he gets home with family and friends.

Good luck Blake. Hope he turns into a star of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sorry Guys and Gals but these reports of Acres being pushed out are BS. No Club tells a MidFielder theres no room for you, injuries are a real thing and last night when it was being reported Acres had decided to get in on the deal.

Lets wait and see, the club isn't going to get rid of talent for no reason.

Wish we could keep 58. Would be nice to draft a gem there and have something specific come from the stuv trade.
We have trouble drafting a gem with a first round pick , pick 58 us getting a gem , hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Nah

Acres, Bruce and Steven are needed to be moved on so we have enough main list spots to take to the draft.
3 more will have to be delisted - Brown Rice and White you would assume.
Armitage and Longer already gone.
That's the 5 trades, and 3 draft/upgrades.

Can anybody tell me if we can draft 1 and upgrade 2? Or is it maximum of 1 upgrade in the mandatory 3 on draft night?

Also, Marsh was supplementary on the main list, but now he is re-signed, is he a rookie or will we need to find another spot for him on main list?

On Bruce being traded

Personally thought it was fine until the BING chase was a no go. Listening to Lethers last night it seems he is locked in on Marshall and Ryder swinging forward in rotation.

Are they enough though to cover a 35-50 goal a year forward? Listening to Port supporters Ryder isn't much good up forward apparently.

From another angle will Jones output be an upgrade on Bruces remembering at the end of the day the aim is to kick more goals then the opposition.

Surely we have options to send players to Sydney to appease them for Jones.

It's fine as well to say well Bruce wants to go to the dogs now but from accounts he wanted to stay until we pushed him out.

Would happily delist Newnes and also Dmac and pay out his stupid contract extension before letting Acres walk. He'll you can throw in another 10 names from our current list.
Good point you make there , How can Dmac stay before Blake , must be more to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back