List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

I love lemons. If you need any head to oakleigh lemons on tap.

How this for a salty lemon grapefruit explosion.

Paddy 500k
Robo 600k
Dmac 350k
Hanners 800k

= 2.25 million a year in cap space.

What do they all have in common?

L.......
Get your point and agree sort of

Robbo - Heart problems very rare and nothing we could've done about it and I'm wrapped we have keep him on and are doing the right thing by him

Paddy - Not the clubs fault, but imo he should retire or the club should force the move for his on health and future

Dmac & Hanners nothing but a waste of money

I was just trying to see how you would find a way to disagree with me
LOL thats funny old P66 the poster who just loves being contrary to everyone on the forum to see what reaction he gets just to stir things
Don't deny it you told me by Pm thats what you do to see reactions you get LOL

LOL thats funny old P66 the poster who just loves being contrary to everyone on the forum to see what reaction he gets just to stir things

I’ve not been on this forum for as long as some here but from what I can gather, plugger66 has pretty good opinions on footy. Not sure he’s being contrary just for the sake of it. Think he just has his opinions. And for what it’s worth they’re pretty sound...at least in my humble opinion.

Lots of love to you again. Yes I deliberately go against others. Bruce will not get 13 and will not be held to his contract. Same with Steven. Maybe I go against others because I know I will be right and they will be wrong. All fun anyway.

I’ve not been on this forum for as long as some here but from what I can gather, plugger66 has pretty good opinions on footy. Not sure he’s being contrary just for the sake of it. Think he just has his opinions. And for what it’s worth they’re pretty sound...at least in my humble opinion.
Thanks dad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I once told plugger66 that I thought his posts were great and he disagreed with me.

I’m just upset cos I wanted to see who was the better time trial king in preseason out of hanners & hill 😩

I wouldn't mind the saints making a big play for Ollie Wines next year, especially after Bing re-signed with the suns. Feels highly gettable and is the type of inside mid we need. Would be the missing piece in our squad. Feels like the blues would be his likely destination should he leave though.

In an ideal world you draft best available, then trade out if you end up with the wrong balance.
A case in point, is Bruce traded when we got King.

I'm not sure we executed well though.
We got unders for Bruce and King hasn't played a game yet.

If we traded Gresham for Whitfield, we lose 3 years, and we'd need to pay Whitfield to come here.
Everytime we trade a "good" player in we have to pay above average.
Its easy to see what happens if you do too much of it.

RIght now Gresham is our best small forward, our best at center clearances.
To me its nuts to trade him when we only have second rate players to do those things.

We haven't got enough players through the draft to generate a surplus in any role.
( except for a surplus of very average players ).
Thats not going to change soon, we have one decent pick in the next two drafts.

Yeah it's a dangerous strategy, to make it a good trade Jones and Howard have to be guns not just GOPs. Otherwise we have them for along time on big money so we cripple ourselves by not being able to chase better players.

It's insane that we have so few top notch players after an 8 year rebuild. Hopefully Battle, Marshall, Clark and King become elite. Otherwise we are in huge trouble for years. I still think with our best players being young we are 2 years off a serious final campaign at best. We could get lucky with injury before that but luck is a rarity at St Kilda.

I don't agree. He is very agile and good below his knees. He just needs to build up his tank for AFL footy. Once he does that we will have a good player on our hands and the best part is, it is for free (ie no draft picks).

I think you are definitely trolling now. He looked as far off AFL as any kid I have seen. They literally had to get permission for him to play Ammos because he was so far off VFL footy still. If he makes it, he will have come from a million miles back. Stranger things have happened but .....

I wouldn't mind the saints making a big play for Ollie Wines next year, especially after Bing re-signed with the suns. Feels highly gettable and is the type of inside mid we need. Would be the missing piece in our squad. Feels like the blues would be his likely destination should he leave though.

I think we probably go all in on Whitfield or Crouch type Free agents. If we had to get guys like Bruce off the books they must need coin for something.

I once told plugger66 that I thought his posts were great and he disagreed with me.

Yes he’s a pain in the ass sometimes. It’s not how I raised him though.
I think you are definitely trolling now. He looked as far off AFL as any kid I have seen. They literally had to get permission for him to play Ammos because he was so far off VFL footy still. If he makes it, he will have come from a million miles back. Stranger things have happened but .....

Probably don’t need him with Marshall looking like the best ruckman in the league for the next 10 years.

I think plugger66 and mowman going into a lawn mowing business together is more likely than Alabakis playing AFL

Mowman acts tough but when Plugger was off his feet he offered to go and do his round for him. Pretty classy to put out a hand for your adversary. Perhaps it's not as impossible as you imagine?

I don't agree. He is very agile and good below his knees. He just needs to build up his tank for AFL footy. Once he does that we will have a good player on our hands and the best part is, it is for free (ie no draft picks).

Sam's had a year, from his background we shouldn't have expected much yet.
I guess the aim this season is for him to get some VFL games under his hat.
Hopefully some good tuition from Ryder will help.

If we were able to wait 4 years for Pierce to get a game, i don't have a problem with taking time with Alabakis. His upside is huge, and as long as he's making progress is good.

I think we thought we could get a midfield through free agency once we built our spine with players like Longer, Hickey, Paddy and Hugh. Good idea but every single part of it didn't work. I think our ridiculous good guy policy probably hurt Trout as well.
At the time we probably needed the good guy policy. It was put into place after the Milne, duthie etc etc stuff. It just went on too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back