List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings, Jones, Dunstan, Sinclair, Austin 24.
Marshall, Steele, Wilkie, Parker, Howard, Lonie, Butler 23.
Gresham, Long 22.
Battle, Paton 21.
Clark, Langlands 20.
King, Coffield, Bytel 19.

Yep desperately need more youth...

Clavarino in there somewhere as well. 20/21?

But we had the core group through the draft first Kildonan. Also, you're not serious about Lawrence and Capuano surely?
I was dealing in facts rather than vagaries. This was 2000 we netted Kosi and Roo through the draft as well
The NEXT year we went big at the 2001 superdraft

I think our trades are pretty much like for like. We lost as much as we brought it. The think the will make a difference is getting a full season from Hanners. Also as good as two new recruits with big expectations with King and Bytel. If Hanners stays fit and Hill comes in we are two guns better off from this year's midfield. To me we need too much to go right to play finals confidently but we could improve still.
I think the new recruits are more than simply like for like, we've definatly brought in more pace then we let go.

I saw The Oils 3 weeks in row at the old Southern Aurora Hotel (Fosters) in 1986 right next to Dandenong train station
Also seen 3 blokes killed there over the years quality establishment
Ha ha on TISM’s first album ‘Great Truckin’ Songs Of The Renaissance’ there’s a song called ‘The Fosters Car Park Boogie’ about bogans beating up mods and hipsters there, glad to know it’s grounded in reality...

Yeah, I think vines look pretty but you wouldn't want to be relying on the income. You need to have a seriously large operation and good contracts to make anything from it. If you wanted to make money, you'd buy up struggling smaller vineyards and subdivide blocks for retirees to live on. The vines are there to add a bit of romantic atmosphere and street cred.

There is a property in Lysterfield South that has this old derelict stone house on rolling hills, it looks back onto the Dandenongs. It looks straight out of Provance.

I have a fantasy about buying that up and doing something similar. It's close to the city, looks right and the land looks ideal for grapes. It would do well for weddings and tourism. Like the Yarra valley without the drive.
I live just over the hill from where you are talking in Lysterfield, great area, 30 minutes to the city, 45 minutes to the airport. We have 3 acres in what is supposedly a 'green belt' but you are subject to the whims of Know Council, our 'Green Belt' is about to be 'enhanced' with a Brethrin Church including sealed car park for 250 cars, an ideal green belt development.

That's a politician's answer.. in other words you have NFI.. But all you do know is that we should use the draft..

Typical mentality of today's young people.. They think they know what the problem is but don't have a solution.

The amount of time a Nexus of some sort has been sniffing around Saints forums I would be shocked if they were a "young person".

Give me the wineries & restaurants of Red Hill and Flinders everyday of the week. Gods country. Only place I can tune out from the world.. something special in the air down there.
Flinders is fantastic as long as your a multi millionaire , A mate of mine owns about 60 Acres of waterfront land with a house looking out to Phillip island , lucky bastard ,

Ha ha on TISM’s first album ‘Great Truckin’ Songs Of The Renaissance’ there’s a song called ‘The Fosters Car Park Boogie’ about bogans beating up mods and hipsters there, glad to know it’s grounded in reality...
Some of the stuff i seen there OMG
and that song is on the money LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flinders is fantastic as long as your a multi millionaire , A mate of mine owns about 60 Acres of waterfront land with a house looking out to Phillip island , lucky bastard ,
I think you would know him , Last name starts with J and Family has a connection to the club

Our "successful" period from 2004 until 20011 was due to hitting the draft hard for 4 years and then doing some trades. This rebuild we have butchered most of our draft picks yet we are acting as though we are a top 4 side and topping up. It's not going to work. You must build that core group through the draft first. We haven't done that.

The point is getting in quality whether it’s trade or draft. Brad Hill, Dougal Howard and to a lesser extent Zac Jones are just as good as first round picks . And Hill is 26 is hardly on the brink of retirement.

We also bought in 4 players last year and 4 players the year before through the draft. This year we made some aggressive correcting trades and I think it was needed.

Brett Voss very underrated player

Agree I loved Brett Voss. Got it done at either end of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back