List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Diehard Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yea agree that group of 5 is difficult to split. I’d still probably go BJ ahead of the others. He was just so reliable & versatile. Rarely dropped a mark or missed a target & you could slot him just about anywhere. Looking back at the 09-10 grand finals I think it effected him the most. At 25-26 & entering his prime he looked like being the best player in the league but regressed from that point. Still a damn fine player though.
And let’s not forget he took a few years to really come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

busso_mick

Team Captain
Jan 2, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Ps , you do know he had a lot of mental heath issues , he may have done some dumb things but he was not soft
From what i saw of him one day against the Dogs in a half time brawl....I reckon Fiora would have knocked him out!

Yeah i reckon most blokes that terrorize their loved ones have mental health issues, so yeah i'll pay that!
Could really kick a footy though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ScrappyDo

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a bizarre world, we have phones with high resolution video and editing capabilities on most computers and can't make a decent film so just rehash old comics. We can take a photo on our phone that would make some of the cameras of the 20th century look primitive and can't take a good photo. You can make music on your home computer and we can't make a decent song. Option overload I think. Can't decide what to do first so go for a wank before jumping back on youtube to watch cat videos.
Meh.
The availability of technology has little bearing on the talent needed to produce art.
The ability to produce music on your computer is also why music is so schit now because it's given any hopeless individual an avenue to produce content.

The real talent still exists but we're all just drowned in mass internet consumption now and have lost our touch on the finer things.

The uniqueness of truly original piece of work is like habitually reading BF whilst knowing that you're wasting your life.
If someone posts a post and nobody likes it, was it ever even posted? Or does it become art?
The rabbit hole goes deep...

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Meh.
The availability of technology has little bearing on the talent needed to produce art.
The ability to produce music on your computer is also why music is so schit now because it's given any hopeless individual an avenue to produce content.

The real talent still exists but we're all just drowned in mass internet consumption now and have lost our touch on the finer things.

The uniqueness of truly original piece of work is like habitually reading BF whilst knowing that you're wasting your life.
If someone posts a post and nobody likes it, was it ever even posted? Or does it become art?
Man, that's deep. This forum just gets curiouser and curiouser!

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Meh.

Indeed Oh Scrapuliscious one!

See you had a profound philosophical experience about all things Big Footy and life in general this morning!
So deep only the spiritual and Wickedly Wise are allowed to go there! 🤔

Scrappy as seen at 1.45 this morning!

Snailspace13

Club Legend
May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Top 7 imo which shows how good we had it back then. Roo and Lenny; followed by Dal, BJ, Joey, Chips, Milne - hard to split those 5. We're a long way from having one player as good as any of those seven at their peaks.
I dont think our problem back in 09 &10 was our better players being elite,i think it was our bottom 6 in both games not being much good.
Our depth of quality players in the 15 -22 range of players picked that took to the field was poor.
Our kicking at Goal in the 1st Half also contributed Big Time to that loss.

Moral Decay

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2013
Swifts Creek
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lol I’m referring to the end of his contract with GC which expires at the end of 2022.

Im not going to post rumours to waste peoples time. If you don’t want to believe the information then that’s your call.
I believe you, whether it happens or not...…. 2022 is a long way away in football, if Ben changed his mind once he can do it again.

Joffaboy

Hall of Famer
Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints
Lol I’m referring to the end of his contract with GC which expires at the end of 2022.

Im not going to post rumours to waste peoples time. If you don’t want to believe the information then that’s your call.
Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.
The AFL will probably give him 500k a year after this contract.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.

Saintbloke

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont think our problem back in 09 &10 was our better players being elite,i think it was our bottom 6 in both games not being much good.
Our depth of quality players in the 15 -22 range of players picked that took to the field was poor.
Don't like looking back, but I reckon the big problem in those GFs were our forwards who just didn't do enough in contested situations to keep the ball in the forward half. That will all be fixed in 2020.

bergholt

Premiership Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think we really had any problems in 09/10 except luck (and arguably 04/05 as well). If that team had been in its prime for 2015-2018, we would have won four flags in a row. Unfortunately we came up against a historically great Geelong side and didn't have enough luck to beat a good Collingwood side.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.
The AFL will probably give him 500k a year after this contract.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.
But.. but.. but... the AFL is an even comp

Top Bottom