List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

if you look at what is currently being said in the preseason thread, not only will be be sh*t but we will be at the bottom of the ladder and and we have no skills at all.
Cool :cool:

giphy.gif

Hello forumites. Long-time reader, first-time poster. I just had to join. In 34 years of following the saints, never have I felt the buzz of excitement around the place, not even under GT or RTB in our golden decade. The recruiting and trading period was the best I can remember. We have some decent tools to work with and an outstanding coach to make it all work. Usually, at this time of the year I'm filled with cautious hope. This year I"m genuinely excited about our chances.

Well done to Lethlean, Gubby, Libba and Gags Gallagher. All great acquisitions who have given us something we've not had for decades. An aggressive and competent administration. I feel this is the missing piece of the puzzle. I look forward to the ride.

In case you're wondering about my nic and avtar, I'm Albert Einstein's younger, less accomplished and intelligent brother.

The Brett Voss of the family.

Hello forumites. Long-time reader, first-time poster. I just had to join. In 34 years of following the saints, never have I felt the buzz of excitement around the place, not even under GT or RTB in our golden decade. The recruiting and trading period was the best I can remember. We have some decent tools to work with and an outstanding coach to make it all work. Usually, at this time of the year I'm filled with cautious hope. This year I"m genuinely excited about our chances.

Well done to Lethlean, Gubby, Libba and Gags Gallagher. All great acquisitions who have given us something we've not had for decades. An aggressive and competent administration. I feel this is the missing piece of the puzzle. I look forward to the ride.

In case you're wondering about my nic and avtar, I'm Albert Einstein's younger, less accomplished and intelligent brother.

Welcome to the nuthouse.

That trade looks better every year.

If we did end up with Hunter, Battle and Long yep that is a slow burn that get's better and better.

Can anyone confirm I remember thinking we should end up alright but all you still hear is Jaeger is a gun!!

Hunter, Battle and Long from memory.
If we did end up with Hunter, Battle and Long yep that is a slow burn that get's better and better.

Can anyone confirm I remember thinking we should end up alright but all you still hear is Jaeger is a gun!!
Pretty much

It was pick 10 and 68 for 23 (Long), 36 (Battle) and a future first round selection which ended up being pick 7 (Hunter Clark)

Yep

Clark already looks a better prospect than the players we would have likely considered at pick 10. The draft evened out quickly after the top 6 or so from memory.

Battle and Long were just bonuses on top of that.

Well said, Clark is class, Battle and Long although just bonuses have huge upside / potential. With all so young as has been said it gets better year by year. Most Hawk supporters would not have heard of any of em and I do not care !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you surprised...all we still hear is that we gave pick #5 for Carlisle? 🙄

Well said, Clark is class, Battle and Long although just bonuses have huge upside / potential. With all so young as has been said it gets better year by year. Most Hawk supporters would not have heard of any of em and I do not care !!!

I'm still a bit pissed we didn't get Zac Fisher, ( who i had my eye on for our pick ) instead of Long.

Hawks have got some serious quality in their midfield and they’ve done it almost exclusively with players from other clubs. Mitchell, O’Meara, Wingard, Scully with Worpel the only one they’ve drafted. Looks like the old adage of “you have to draft your midfield” just isn’t true anymore, you might be able to buy one which could be good news for us.

Hawks have got some serious quality in their midfield and they’ve done it almost exclusively with players from other clubs. Mitchell, O’Meara, Wingard, Scully with Worpel the only one they’ve drafted. Looks like the old adage of “you have to draft your midfield” just isn’t true anymore, you might be able to buy one which could be good news for us.
Maybe, but they haven’t done anything yet with this midfield. They haven’t proven the trade in midfield just yet. Not to say that they won’t, but I don’t see them contending in the next couple of years.

Maybe, but they haven’t done anything yet with this midfield. They haven’t proven the trade in midfield just yet. Not to say that they won’t, but I don’t see them contending in the next couple of years.
I rate them, especially when you have a coach like Clarko. I’ve got them in the finals at the absolute minimum. Will be interesting to see how far they get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back