List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Question: did we have any idea Howard was a chance before the trade period?

It seems like landing him has saved us from taking an L at every turn.

In the shape Stuvvy is in, mentally & physically, I would be amazed if he plays more than half a dozen games next year. He needs a full pre-season, he is coming from a LONG way back.
Pretty sure he will surprise you. Baring injury will be the best value pick up in the draft. Serious question for anyone. I know it’s not about winning but bugger that. Have we actually won any trade so far

Really wish all those who are over the moon about the trade period
Would stop potting those who have justifiable concerns about giving
Up 3 of our better players for nothing!

If your really happy...Then just be happy!
No need to belittle fellow Saints fans who are understandably a little more cautious
With their assessment!

Sorry, how have they treated Steven poorly?

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to get a rage boner on for Geelong, I just like to know why.

I take on board what MG, George and Mikka have all said that Stuv has a long way to come back from, physically as much as anything but I haven't liked the narrative that geelong have put around it. I felt like his issues were being used as a vehicle to drive down his value.

I might be being over sensitive. I just didn't like how it was spoken about.

Seemed in good spirit , He played one decent game and looked like me . How do you know he would even get on the park if he was with us next year , he may not even get on the park for them
Sure that might happen but I don't see the huge risk to Geelong as stated by MG. Get him for nothing and we contribute to his salary. Fair enough if MG knows more but on face value to the average punter it look like a low risk for Geelong.

SOS holding up all the big deals incl papsmear & Daniher what a campaigner
SOS is trying to get Martin too - not sure how he does that with only pick 9 - might have to give a future pick for Martin.

He's on 800 next year, fact. And guess what? His demons will follow him wherever he goes so let's hope he overcomes them for his life, fu** football.
Acres was on 500K next year :sick:
Steven was on 800k for us. Geelong will absolutely not be paying him 800k. Settle down about the salary cap btw it's hardly like we're under the squeeze or anything we've been overpaying Newnes and players of his ilk for years to reach the minimum cap...

Really wish all those who are over the moon about the trade period
Would stop potting those who have justifiable concerns about giving
Up 3 of our better players for nothing!

If your really happy...Then just be happy!
No need to belittle fellow Saints fans who are understandably a little more cautious
With their assessment!
Steven, Bruce, who's the 3rd "better" player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take on board what MG, George and Mikka have all said that Stuv has a long way to come back from, physically as much as anything but I haven't liked the narrative that geelong have put around it. I felt like his issues were being used as a vehicle to drive down his value.

Couldn't agree more. Especially after seeing the smug prick Wells talk about how happy they are to have Stuv and that they really thanked the saints for being accommodating and whatnot.

Agree Cats used MH to drive down price.
Pitiful

Sounds like we just got a milly off our books with Stuv & Blacres, wonder where we will direct it.

Interesting that Bell has been interviewed twice today about 'winning' the trade and both times said 'we'll have to see, takes a few years' - interesting that he framed it like that rather than saying 'it's not about 'winning', it's about each club addressing their needs'.

Also keeps talking about Blacres height, squeezing out a couple of extra centimetres... lol.

Question: did we have any idea Howard was a chance before the trade period?

It seems like landing him has saved us from taking an L at every turn.

I didn't even know who Howard was until the trade period! I'm rolling with it tho :)

Steven was on 800k for us. Geelong will absolutely not be paying him 800k. Settle down about the salary cap btw it's hardly like we're under the squeeze or anything we've been overpaying Newnes and players of his ilk for years to reach the minimum cap...
Clears a big amount for next years FA period though. I'd say lethers, gags and gubby have all got big plans for that.

I hope the Dogs get burned with Keath. They have ben really lazy at not even improving their position to get these guys in.

I'd love us to turn the screws, lucky for them we're in a position to take whatever we can get to give to Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back