List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Ps , you do know he had a lot of mental heath issues , he may have done some dumb things but he was not soft
From what i saw of him one day against the Dogs in a half time brawl....I reckon Fiora would have knocked him out!

Yeah i reckon most blokes that terrorize their loved ones have mental health issues, so yeah i'll pay that!
Could really kick a footy though!

It's a bizarre world, we have phones with high resolution video and editing capabilities on most computers and can't make a decent film so just rehash old comics. We can take a photo on our phone that would make some of the cameras of the 20th century look primitive and can't take a good photo. You can make music on your home computer and we can't make a decent song. Option overload I think. Can't decide what to do first so go for a wank before jumping back on youtube to watch cat videos.
Meh.
The availability of technology has little bearing on the talent needed to produce art.
The ability to produce music on your computer is also why music is so schit now because it's given any hopeless individual an avenue to produce content.

The real talent still exists but we're all just drowned in mass internet consumption now and have lost our touch on the finer things.

The uniqueness of truly original piece of work is like habitually reading BF whilst knowing that you're wasting your life.
If someone posts a post and nobody likes it, was it ever even posted? Or does it become art?
The rabbit hole goes deep...

Meh.
The availability of technology has little bearing on the talent needed to produce art.
The ability to produce music on your computer is also why music is so schit now because it's given any hopeless individual an avenue to produce content.

The real talent still exists but we're all just drowned in mass internet consumption now and have lost our touch on the finer things.

The uniqueness of truly original piece of work is like habitually reading BF whilst knowing that you're wasting your life.
If someone posts a post and nobody likes it, was it ever even posted? Or does it become art?

Man, that's deep. This forum just gets curiouser and curiouser!

Meh.

Indeed Oh Scrapuliscious one!

See you had a profound philosophical experience about all things Big Footy and life in general this morning!
So deep only the spiritual and Wickedly Wise are allowed to go there! 🤔

Scrappy as seen at 1.45 this morning!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 7 imo which shows how good we had it back then. Roo and Lenny; followed by Dal, BJ, Joey, Chips, Milne - hard to split those 5. We're a long way from having one player as good as any of those seven at their peaks.
I dont think our problem back in 09 &10 was our better players being elite,i think it was our bottom 6 in both games not being much good.
Our depth of quality players in the 15 -22 range of players picked that took to the field was poor.
Our kicking at Goal in the 1st Half also contributed Big Time to that loss.

Just had a beer with a King family member. Not going to say who.

In short, Ben will be at St Kilda in 2022.

Sleep tight gents.
Like Joff said , he is signed until the end of 2022 and being paid that under the table cash i highly doubt he can break his contract , Next

Lol I’m referring to the end of his contract with GC which expires at the end of 2022.

Im not going to post rumours to waste peoples time. If you don’t want to believe the information then that’s your call.
I believe you, whether it happens or not...…. 2022 is a long way away in football, if Ben changed his mind once he can do it again.

Lol I’m referring to the end of his contract with GC which expires at the end of 2022.

Im not going to post rumours to waste peoples time. If you don’t want to believe the information then that’s your call.
Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.
The AFL will probably give him 500k a year after this contract.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.

I dont think our problem back in 09 &10 was our better players being elite,i think it was our bottom 6 in both games not being much good.
Our depth of quality players in the 15 -22 range of players picked that took to the field was poor.
Don't like looking back, but I reckon the big problem in those GFs were our forwards who just didn't do enough in contested situations to keep the ball in the forward half. That will all be fixed in 2020.

I don't think we really had any problems in 09/10 except luck (and arguably 04/05 as well). If that team had been in its prime for 2015-2018, we would have won four flags in a row. Unfortunately we came up against a historically great Geelong side and didn't have enough luck to beat a good Collingwood side.

Right, no worries.

Kings father told GC that Ben would not renew his contract after the initial two years. That was a week before he resigned with GC with 300k Ambassador money extra.
The AFL will probably give him 500k a year after this contract.

Not that I dont believe you, but until I see Bing actually confirmed as a Saint, I am not listening to rumours.
But.. but.. but... the AFL is an even comp

I think thats's all mythology that comes from a loss. Everyone rushes to create a narrative to explain why we lost. At the end of the day we were really unlucky in 2009. Max Rooke kicked a goal on the siren that we let just dribble through with Saints not bothering to touch it. In reality along with the wrongly called goal would have had the score as 10.9.69 to 9.14.68. The following year we drew the first GF. That says we weren't far off, the millimetres of luck like bounces and toe pokes went against us twice. It doesn't mean we had 6 players that weren't up to it. Just means that a clod of grass or the roll the ball went against us and players that were usually very accurate in front of the goal failed to convert. Schnieder clapping the umpire cost us a few shots on goal too.

I’d be going Archie Smith from a saints view
We clearly need another Ruck. Wouldn’t be surprised if we drafted one in Bryan if he lasts till our pick, but I think Smith is pretty good option too.

Smith is only 24 and is still developing. Have him as a back up to Marshall and Ryder. Then develop Bryan for a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back