List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its being used on Ben King

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't we wait and see if the one we have is any good first. Imagine if he's Hugh Goddard the second. Let GC develop him and see if he's any good, could very easily be a Tom Boyd situation.

We have traded away picks next year, I think we might have to trade away our high pick to get all our academy and FS players. I think this was a year a later pick would have been better.
Nah.. we stocked up on later picks for points. Our first shouldn’t be needed for those..
Apparently you can go into points deficit that comes off next years picks anyway.
Along with our priority pick it could be a good harvest..

A few likey big contracts ending this year.

Armo - 650k
Paddy - 350k
Robbo - 650k (if paid out does his salary count in future cap?)

Suddenly the Hanneberry salary becomes inconsequential.

Gresham likely gets a big pay day around 700k perhaps?

Billings current contract is quite modest so he gets a pay rise around 600k perhaps?

Other players to be re-contracted include Newnes, Savage, Sinclair & Geary however their salary probably stays the same or only a slight rise.

We are gonna have some big money to spend. Who wants to get paid?

An unsubstantiated rumour that we are big into Luke Parker FWIW...

Armo - 650k
Paddy - 350k

Billings current contract is quite modest so he gets a pay rise around 600k perhaps?

Other players to be re-contracted include Newnes, Savage, Sinclair & Geary however their salary probably stays the same or only a slight rise.

He wouldn't be the first player that I'd pick but he's a quality player. If Sydney are happy to lose him he must be about to fall to pieces.

Armo - 650k
Paddy - 350k

I think we will pick someone who was really good but is in decline due to some injury.

Or

Some younger player with bad injury history.

He wouldn't be the first player that I'd pick but he's a quality player. If Sydney are happy to lose him he must be about to fall to pieces.
Maybe we get him for spare parts and between him and his old mate we build ourselves one complete swans midfielder

#10 - Duke Parkerbery

I think we will pick someone who was really good but is in decline due to some injury.

Or

Some younger player with bad injury history.

Unfortunately I don’t think we are in the frame for Kelly & Cogs (I think they’ll stay put anyway) so you may be right. But we’ve got to spend the money somewhere! Or we could pay Lonie 700k per year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armo - 650k
Paddy - 350k

Richo - 800k

Armo - 650k
Paddy - 350k

I don't mind if we throw a couple of hundred K to Brown.

Met with our man Leathers recently. Flagged 2-3 Giants being targeted for a variety of reasons (return to Vic, lack of opportunity). Obviously he wouldn’t give specifics.

Any idea who he would be referring to?

Unfortunately I don’t think we are in the frame for Kelly & Cogs (I think they’ll stay put anyway) so you may be right. But we’ve got to spend the money somewhere! Or we could pay Lonie 700k per year?

Other s**t clubs got talent in. Lauchie Neale went to Brisbane and as far as investment goes even if he costs double Hanners he was a better investment. Lions did really well getting Eli Smith who I rate, the younger Berry and Charlie Cameron's little bro. Also got Noah Answerth, Kades little brother who is supposed to be a good little player too. We have to wait to see with all of our haul while the fans are getting shitty. Hopefully our mature agers all make an impact.

Carlton also got in Mc Govern so it can be done. We should be looking at recent retirees like Brisbane with Hodge rather than hoping with guys like Hanners.

Not a lot of quality out of contract this year.

You would think we'd have a crack at Tomlinson again this year as he's a FA.

Ideally we take the best mid with our first pick and hopefully bring in Big Ben next year.

We don't like mids, we seem to like flankers and forwards.

Tomlinson, Buntine?

Kelly, Hopper and Coniglio all out of contract.
Think you’re on the money with those names Bird Man.

Tim Taranto is the one I want. Out of contract at the end of 2020. If he wants back to VIC the Giants may trade now to avoid him going unsigned.

Interesting to see what influence Gubby has. Formed really strong player relationships during his time at GWS.

We aren't in the frame for anybody.

The AFL will become a two tier system, with 6 clubs getting all the good players and teams like the Saints getting second raters.

We will be there just to make up the numbers.
The AFL and PA have let this happen with FA and we will never rise.

Can also forget a second premiership.

Considered this for a while but after 30 years of membership, seriously will consider not renewing in 2020.

What is the point when we have no hope. The AFL have created this and are happy for us to languish.

3 spuds
Met with our man Leathers recently. Flagged 2-3 Giants being targeted for a variety of reasons (return to Vic, lack of opportunity). Obviously he wouldn’t give specifics.

Any idea who he would be referring to?

We aren't in the frame for anybody.

The AFL will become a two tier system, with 6 clubs getting all the good players and teams like the Saints getting second raters.

We will be there just to make up the numbers.
The AFL and PA have let this happen with FA and we will never rise.

Can also forget a second premiership.

Considered this for a while but after 30 years of membership, seriously will consider not renewing in 2020.

What is the point when we have no hope. The AFL have created this and are happy for us to languish.

And yes, I have changed tack. Sick of playing the Pollyanna defending this useless club.
I am going full blown curmudgeon this season, expecting absolutely nothing and any morsel of improvement will be a blessing.

When you all come to the realisation that supporting this club in the forlorn hope of a second flag went at the siren of the first 2010 Grand Final, you will understand that our situation is hopeless.
Some might say the AFL will help us out. Fat chance. They know there are about 50k rusted on supporters who have drunk the kool aide. They will let us struggle while pumping resources into GC and Bris and GWS.
We are there to make up the numbers only. We wont attract a Lynch (Richmond) or a Sheil ( Essendon), they good players want to go to the powerful blockbuster teams.

How anyone thinks a Kelly, or Hopper would come to us when a Collingwood or Hawthorn are interested is deluded.

We will lose a coach this year, mean 2020 will be transition.We again need to trade into the draft meaning anything we have of value will be on the table. Our 'warchest' has meant nothing.
Carlton and Richmond gets the first game every year, we get 1.00 Sunday v GC with major train lines out. That is our place in the AFL in a nutshell. We are nothing but a bargaining tool for the AFL for broadcast rights.

We discuss and argue and ruminate on here and nothing changes. We are bottom eight and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Bleak? Pessimistic? Overreaction? Well all that is a possibility, but look at us since 2010 and tell me it isn't accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back