List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m unsure any of those kids are much good. Certainly Milney isn’t good enough. Boss goes ok. Know little about Frankie. The trade table is where we need to get it done.

I think it was Jet Peckett that's meant to be good and I think he's still under 15s.

Kent is a 15 to 25 player so slight improvement. Roberton improves the side but I don't take much notice of injured players coming back because most likely they are replaced by other injured players. We had 2 great years with injury and one average to below average year so who is to say what happens next year. That is basically nearly luck or bad luck. The fixture is where we can really improve an the coaching and then Hanners who could be boom or nearly bust. None of the drafted players will really help even though a couple may get into the top 22 at the very bottom end.

Hanners is setting standard and providing leadership though. I think he'll be good for the guys just drifting along like Newnes and Billings. They need a kick in the arse. Even with out rapid improvement I think with the fixture we should be a 10 win side. Bruce and Roberton should help out massively. One more experienced player on each line helps.

Kent is a 15 to 25 player so slight improvement. Roberton improves the side but I don't take much notice of injured players coming back because most likely they are replaced by other injured players. We had 2 great years with injury and one average to below average year so who is to say what happens next year. That is basically nearly luck or bad luck. The fixture is where we can really improve an the coaching and then Hanners who could be boom or nearly bust. None of the drafted players will really help even though a couple may get into the top 22 at the very bottom end.
We just recruited 4 players that are between 22-24 years old. Now I'm not saying that they are all going to have an impact, but to state unequivocally that none of them will help our side is pretty negative. Look at the impact Rioli and Ryan had for the Eagles last year.

We just recruited 4 players that are between 22-24 years old. Now I'm not saying that they are all going to have an impact, but to state unequivocally that none of them will help our side is pretty negative. Look at the impact Rioli and Ryan had for the Eagles last year.

Yes we could pick first year players from the under 18's as well who have had an impact but we could pick many more who haven't. I still say the best we can hope for from drafted players next year is one or two being at the bottom end of our best 22. And remember we didn't lose many close games this year so it isn't like we only need a goal or two improvement to turn 4 and half wins into 7 or 8. We need a big improvement to turn losses into wins.

I actually feel we will improve alot next year. Having Richo with more experience around him will hopefully change things as far as moves go. The new players from the draft will help especially the mature ones. They will give us more options, putting pressure on other players to hold their positions. Plus putting some speed into the team which we really need.
Having Bruce and Robbo hopefully back will mean a big difference especially to our backline because Robbo can take a third tall or a medium who is a good mark.

Go Saints

Bottom 2 is a real chance. Only the fixture probably can save us. Only Hanners improves the side next season and that even has an if about it unfortunately.
Bottom 2 likely I think . Is it jack Steven last year of contract . If so I see him leaving which would hopefully get a compo picknafternour forstbat last giving 2 picks for mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to depend on draw. Right now I don't think we would start favourite against anyone but GC. I expect CARLTON to improve so it is 50/50 game and we will win a few where we are underdog. My tip is around 6 games.
Please enough with the pessimism we will flog Carlton just like we always do along with Gold Coast but yeah that’s about it!!!

Have read that next year isn't that flash other than the top picks. Am sure we will hear every variation going from here on. Somewhere it will be a superdraft. Good trading year possibly.

But I know nothing!

I think there are a few good mids but very few talls. Apparently 2020 looking like no talls coming through at all.

Imagine 2020, we have Ben King coming in 2021 - so King x 2, McCartin, Bruce, Battle - and no elite talls coming through draft in 19/20. We could suddenly hold a very strong trading hand.

I think there are a few good mids but very few talls. Apparently 2020 looking like no talls coming through at all.

Imagine 2020, we have Ben King coming in 2021 - so King x 2, McCartin, Bruce, Battle - and no elite talls coming through draft in 19/20. We could suddenly hold a very strong trading hand.
Only if talls still have a big impact on the game. I still think the game is about mids unless your talls are very good or stars. Currently we have none of those types

Only if talls still have a big impact on the game. I still think the game is about mids unless your talls are very good or stars. Currently we have none of those types

Talls will always have an impact. Maybe not in the way you remember - clunking big contested marks - but you need a target and one that can bring the ball to ground to the advantage of your smalls.

Regardless of where we are at today, you can be assured if talls start to become meaningless, the AFL will act quickly to make them meaningful again. They know what makes this game great.

Talls will always have an impact. Maybe not in the way you remember - clunking big contested marks - but you need a target and one that can bring the ball to ground to the advantage of your smalls.

Regardless of where we are at today, you can be assured if talls start to become meaningless, the AFL will act quickly to make them meaningful again. They know what makes this game great.
Very good talls will always have an impact. Not sure ordinary talls will be played. Coaches will look at other options like Richmond and the pies have done. Even the bulldogs. Let’s face it 20 years ago players like bont and Cripps would have been kpp but now they are mids.

Very good talls will always have an impact. Not sure ordinary talls will be played. Coaches will look at other options like Richmond and the pies have done. Even the bulldogs. Let’s face it 20 years ago players like bont and Cripps would have been kpp but now they are mids.

Well Richmond got sorted out this year and then promptly bent over in the shower to get Lynch - so they know they need a KPF. Pies wanted him too from memory.

Again, whilst the 1980s structure of two big KPFs at CHB and FF is a thing of the past, you have to have talls who can contest. If you don't opposition will take intercept after intercept's against you. You don't need Wayne Carey, just a player that can get to the contest and stand up in a pack.

Re.Bont and Cripps - yes it is true mids are getting taller - all of them. So are key forwards they have to be so they are taller than mids. Wayne Carey was 191cms. So was Lockett. Brereton 189. King is 204, his brother is 202. At 194cms we all thought Paddy was too short.

Well Richmond got sorted out this year and then promptly bent over in the shower to get Lynch - so they know they need a KPF. Pies wanted him too from memory.

Again, whilst the 1980s structure of two big KPFs at CHB and FF is a thing of the past, you have to have talls who can contest. If you don't opposition will take intercept after intercept's against you. You don't need Wayne Carey, just a player that can get to the contest and stand up in a pack.

Re.Bont and Cripps - yes it is true mids are getting taller - all of them. So are key forwards they have to be so they are taller than mids. Wayne Carey was 191cms. So was Lockett. Brereton 189. King is 204, his brother is 202. At 194cms we all thought Paddy was too short.
I’m unsure the tigers got sorted out. They did lose a final but had a better year before that than last year. And yes both sides wanted a star forward. Neither wanted an average forward just to fill a spot. You don’t need a contester. You need a very good player who can contest. And Cripps is tall enough to be a key forward in today’s footy. Look at the heights of the leading goal kickers. There is still no proof that you need to be 200cm to be a star forward

I’m unsure the tigers got sorted out. They did lose a final but had a better year before that than last year. And yes both sides wanted a star forward. Neither wanted an average forward just to fill a spot. You don’t need a contester. You need a very good player who can contest. And Cripps is tall enough to be a key forward in today’s footy. Look at the heights of the leading goal kickers. There is still no proof that you need to be 200cm to be a star forward

Well we'll agree to disagree. For me, capable KPFs will always be in demand and if ever they are not, watch the rules change.

Of the top 10 goal kickers this year only two are regarded as small-medium. Of those two one is De Goey who plays as a leading fwd more than a small. He has the agility to also get goals from broken play though.

Still plenty of room for talls in the fwd line. Just have to be good enough. Same could be said for all positions.

Of the top 10 goal kickers this year only two are regarded as small-medium. Of those two one is De Goey who plays as a leading fwd more than a small. He has the agility to also get goals from broken play though.

Still plenty of room for talls in the fwd line. Just have to be good enough. Same could be said for all positions.
I would hope the talls are leading the goal kicking otherwise there would be none playing. As it is they only average 3 or less goals a game.

I would hope the talls are leading the goal kicking otherwise there would be none playing. As it is they only average 3 or less goals a game.

All goals are down. Small fwds also aren’t getting the goals they use to. The team scoring 120 points in a single game is the new 150. An individual kicking 70 goals in a year is the new 120.

A decade ago only Milne & Motlop were the smalls in the top 10 for goals. So not much has changed in that regard.

The difference now is you have to have other attributes other than kicking goals. Chase, tackle, structure up & zone & play your role in the team.

What’s evident now is you can’t just be a footballer. You need to have elite athletic qualities along with a footy brain. Smalls, talls, mediums, everyone.

All goals are down. Small fwds also aren’t getting the goals they use to. The team scoring 120 points in a single game is the new 150. An individual kicking 70 goals in a year is the new 120.

A decade ago only Milne & Motlop were the smalls in the top 10 for goals. So not much has changed in that regard.

The difference now is you have to have other attributes other than kicking goals. Chase, tackle, structure up & zone & play your role in the team.

What’s evident now is you can’t just be a footballer. You need to have elite athletic qualities along with a footy brain. Smalls, talls, mediums, everyone.
And the major change is you don’t just play 3 talls for the sake of it. You look at other options. Sides playing 3 average talls just get smashed. I certainly don’t want us playing 3 if there are other options. Unfortunately the other options haven’t been good enough. Hopefully this year they are or maybe our talls improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back