List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If two out of Robbo, Steven and McCartin retire I think we have a strong case, and a priority pick wouldnt even cover Stuv or Robbo. Otherwise not really.

Like I liked Koby and it’s unfortunate with Longer and Pierce but I don’t think the afl would look at those guys and think “priority pick”.

Would be nice but I wouldn’t hope for it per say.

Edit: that said if GC get one you better believe we bloody should to. We’ve been down just as long.
Not sure down for to long has been a reason lately. I’m still going no

So I wonder who Gubby Allen was working for and who was he watching when he was spotted in the grandstand at the GWS v Collingwood game?
A trade for the gws players perhaps..... 🤔
Probably just a meetup considering he is very close to some of their players, but still dare to dream...

King hasn’t played a game. I refuse to make a Jack Watts out of him and pin all our hopes on him early. He’s going to need people like Bruce around him otherwise he’ll just be double teamed.

In a team with Bruce and Membrey King gets a chance to develop.

If it just Membrey and him as the marking targets, he will be under a lot more pressure and will cop a ot more body hits from defenders..

In a team with Bruce and Membrey King gets a chance to develop.

If it just Membrey and him as the marking targets, he will be under a lot more pressure and will cop a ot more body hits from defenders..
Exactly, for all Bruce's flaws he still demands the oppositions best defender. Him being fit will be one of the most important things in Kings development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else see Goldstein's last quarter against Brisbane tonight? Almost dragged Norf over the line. He has plenty of good footy left in him by the look of him tonight. It's a yes from me. A perfect match with Marshall. Would turn our ruck division into a strength and add much needed depth and experience. Cost us nothing in terms of trade.

Grab Draper as well. Two years of more development for him while Goldy holds the fort and mentors him. Desist Longer and Pierce. Ruck problem solved for the next decade.

Anyone else see Goldstein's last quarter against Brisbane tonight? Almost dragged Norf over the line. He has plenty of good footy left in him by the look of him tonight. It's a yes from me. A perfect match with Marshall. Would turn our ruck division into a strength and add much needed depth and experience. Cost us nothing in terms of trade.

Grab Draper as well. Two years of more development for him while Goldy holds the fort and mentors him. Desist Longer and Pierce. Ruck problem solved for the next decade.
Don't think he will leave if they offer him decent coin. One club player especially if they finish the year strongly IMO.

We have the cap space and having another good ruck option wouldn't hurt , but I feel If they let him go they wouldn't be doing justice to the guy who has stood-by this club for so long.

Not sure down for to long has been a reason lately. I’m still going no

GCs whole argument was they hadn’t made finals in 7 years and that’s not okay and the afl needs to get serious about supporting them or something.

Which is great and all except that applies to us too and on top of that they’ve had something like 3 times the amount of top 10 picks we’ve had in that time.

But ultimately I do agree with you and don’t think we’ll get one. Because St Kilda

GCs whole argument was they hadn’t made finals in 7 years and that’s not okay and the afl needs to get serious about supporting them or something.

Which is great and all except that applies to us too and on top of that they’ve had something like 3 times the amount of top 10 picks we’ve had in that time.

But ultimately I do agree with you and don’t think we’ll get one. Because St Kilda

They should be given a COLA type deal, so they can pay overs for middle range players to keep them from going home. All the priority picks in the world isn't going to save that club if they can't keep (or attract) talent.

Any player not having a contract for 2020 will now be getting a bit nervous.

Years Service Status
Bailey Rice 4 Non-Free Agent
Billy Longer 6 Non-Free Agent
Brandon White 4 Non-Free Agent
Darragh Joyce 3 Non-Free Agent
David Armitage 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
Doulton Langlands 2 Non-Free Agent
Jack Mayo 1 Non-Free Agent
Jack Newnes 8 Restricted Free Agent
Jake Carlisle 4 Non-Free Agent
Jarryn Geary 13 Unrestricted Free Agent
Jonathon Marsh 1 Non-Free Agent
Lewis Pierce 7 Non-Free Agent
Logan Austin 2 Non-Free Agent
Luke Dunstan 6 Non-Free Agent
Nathan Brown 3 Non-Free Agent
Sam Rowe 1 Non-Free Agent

I don't understand the dislike for Dunstan here. He has been really good for us this year in the absence of Stuv, and we should definitely resign him - the more depth we have in the midfield the better!

In line with that, what are peoples thoughts on Sier? Another big bodied midfielder from a winning club culture?

I don't understand the dislike for Dunstan here. He has been really good for us this year in the absence of Stuv, and we should definitely resign him - the more depth we have in the midfield the better!

In line with that, what are peoples thoughts on Sier? Another big bodied midfielder from a winning club culture?

I figured the dislike of Dunstan had mostly gone away after his year this year. He's been one of our most consistent players this year, really trying his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back