List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tim kelly is worth 700 to 900k. Billings is not its that simple. kelly is a bonafide superstar. If you think billings is worth more than 600k then were in more **** than we know.
Kelly will get at least $800k

You pay a bit more to keep Billings happy. Have to weigh up if saving a few $$$ is better than the alternative if we lose him.

Easy to get rid of him but you also have to look at what you get in return. Might be better to pay him some more in the long run. He's coming into his prime and whilst he may not be as versatile as Kelly, hecis still a very good player.

But as you say, if he wants too much then you pull the trigger.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tim kelly is worth 700 to 900k. Billings is not its that simple. kelly is a bonafide superstar. If you think billings is worth more than 600k then were in more **** than we know.
If Telly was to go to crap team he would get a mil, at a team contendind/in the state he wants to live he'd take a fat paycut, it's just the way it is. The contract billings could negotiate with us is much higher than a contract at a big, proven (hawthorn, richmond) or contending club (collingwood, geelong).

We're a small club, have space in our cap, no stars, and haven't played finals since 2011...

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Players are worth what the club is willing to pay. Considering our cap situation and lack of overall top line players, Billings is worth 800k to keep on our list since we can afford it.

If Tim Kelly was available on the open market, he would be offered more than he will end up getting from West Coast or Freo but due to his circumstances of only being able to go those two clubs, he is only worth what they can pay.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
If Telly was to go to crap team he would get a mil, at a team contendind/in the state he wants to live he'd take a fat paycut, it's just the way it is. The contract billings could negotiate with us is much higher than a contract at a big, proven (hawthorn, richmond) or contending club (collingwood, geelong).

We're a small club, have space in our cap, no stars, and haven't played finals since 2011...
Worth every dollar...

images (6).jpeg

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Steven wasn’t as good as it sounds. Back then 17 year olds had to go in the third round so he was taken in that round.

Incorrect plugger, he went as an underager but he could’ve been taken at any pick. Cotchin & Dangerfield were the same age as Steven & went top 10. Kreuzer & Big Boy both a year older than that lot & also went top 10.

From memory, underagers had to be born in the first half of the year. Something along those lines. There was certainly a cut off.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tim Kelly won't be signing for 700k I can guarantee. And he's going to change clubs because he wants to go home, not because he's chasing dollars.

If we thought we were any chance of landing him we'd happily offer him 900k I reckon

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
He’s older than Cotchin, Danger & Ward who went 2, 10 & 19 in the same draft.

Maybe those born on the 28 March had to go third round? That makes complete sense!
I can’t remember why. Obviously not age. I remember having a conversation with him shortly after the draft. I’m confused now because I always though that.

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
Tim Kelly won't be signing for 700k I can guarantee. And he's going to change clubs because he wants to go home, not because he's chasing dollars.

If we thought we were any chance of landing him we'd happily offer him 900k I reckon
Hes worth more than that hes in the top ten players in the league. Could easily be top five brownlow.

Exactly.. They also got Dunkley, Ling Jong on the cheap. With 2nd/3rd roudn picks, bulldogs were able to pick up good midfield talent..
Trout didn't know how to spot midfield talent.. he was too into the idea of turning utilities into mids... Billings; Acres; Mckenzie; Wright, Coffield, the result? we are short on mids.

Pelchen believed you built the building and mids were like the roofing tiles. Good ones were apparently a dime a dozen.

I heard that Goddard was living on a promise during the finals years. When his contract came up they simply COULDN'T pay him what he'd been promised and he was none too happy about it.

Go to 2012 when we were shot... i'd guess.

Players on crazy high money. :: Lenny, DalSanto, Goddard, Riewoldt, Fisher
Players on good money ( above AFL average ) :: Milne, Dempster, Joey, Gilbert, Koschitzski, Gram, Schneider
Probably around AFL average :: Steven, Armitage , Geary, Jones, McEvoy, Gwilt , Blake, Ray, Polo, Raph, Peak
Below average : Stanley, Wilkes,
On minimum payments : Simpkin, Saad , Milera, Cripps, Sippos, Newnes, Dunnell, Ledger, Ross,

Even players like Ray may have been on too much, depending what the deal was when he came to the club.

Did Peake get Mc Evoy, Cripps, Stanley, Steven and Tom Lynch? In a 2or 3 year period? Gee I know he's meant to be s**t but all of those guys would be better than most of what Trout has got over 7 to 9 years and Trout was at the other end of the ladder.

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
My apologies but it always cracks me up when people do the revisionist review of drafts as if its an exact science.

If it was simple and straight forward 1st pick will always turn out the best player and pick 51 will be the 51st best player in the draft.

It isn't simple and it definitely isn't straight forward.
Considering L Hunter was always heading to the Doggies is a pointless exercise.

If Kelly wanted to go to a s**t club he could write his own cheque. If he wants home he'll take a hit.

No, most were John Beveridge.

So all the spuds were Peake and the guns were Bevo? Wasn't Bevo the talent spotter for some of Trouts time too so Trout either ignored him or he lost his mojo.

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
If Kelly wanted to go to a **** club he could write his own cheque. If he wants home he'll take a hit.
Hes been offered 800k plus to stay at geelong with a trigger clause for another year. so that kind of covers any mystery about good club vs bad club $$$. Thats not even including what theyre doing for his family outside of the cap. you would say that would take it up to the 900k to 1m zone.

Hes been offered 800k plus to stay at geelong with a trigger clause for another year. so that kind of covers any mystery about good club vs bad club $$$. Thats not even including what theyre doing for his family outside of the cap. you would say that would take it up to the 900k to 1m zone.

But it's still possible to move to a shitter club for more money.

The Enemy Within

Cancelled
Jan 9, 2007
Enterprise NCC-1701
AFL Club
St Kilda
Clav = a 20YO tall.

A couple of years ago you were suggesting him for pick 7 or 8 ( ie the Coffield/Clark picks ).
If i'm a bit concerned that our mids are slow to develop, i'm less concerned about the taller guys.

All I said is he is not ready yet, getting a few possessions against Coburg is a long way off afl.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would easily get $1m in an open market.

So based on that, $800k for Billings isn't crazy. Billings would win a Brownlow at Geelong.

I don't know I'd go that far. He could get lost there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back