Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Trading Hannebery in hasn't worked so far but there's no doubt that he's exactly what we need/needed. I hope we look at a few others like him, older-ish guys that we can get on the cheap. We need to try to target midfielders desperately. Fact is we lost Koby Stevens a couple of years ago never bothered replacing him. I like Gallagher but last year he stated that we had a need for quick forwards. All well and good but our midfield is the desperate area of need.

Now granted, we weren't to know that our best mid would miss the entire season and the new recruit ditto. But last year in the draft and through trading we brought in 2 midfielders, one of whom was always going to miss the whole year (Bytel). It's not only hard for our firsts to compete, but our seconds are getting destroyed every week with such a weak engine room.

I hope at this stage we are looking at Steven and Hannebery returning and impacting as a bonus. That way we can go and address the clear need we have and if they do come back we will be better than we thought. I would seriously look at any midfielder over 25 that is going to improve our side. The chances of picking up elite midfielders is very slim, however there will often be guys around that can come in and make us better. Don't worry about targeting young midfielders, we have plenty of young players. More than anything, please don't bring in guys that aren't mids and say that they will be. The talk of Coffield playing midfield over the summer, how'd that go? We also said that Kent was coming over to play more midfield time... hmm.

Sorry to bang on about it but the midfield is the most important area on the ground and until we address ours we are going absolutely nowhere. Other areas of the ground I think we look pretty good. So anyway I'd be throwing coin at the following:
Shane Edwards
Kieran Jack
David Mundy

Would all three start in our midfield. You bet!

Kelly was a lot closer than most think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That cheers me up not one iota!
I’d rather think that we had no chance than we were so close and missed out!
:huh:

I think Parker is already on the main list.

I hope we move Brown on, but it wouldn't surprise me if they give him another year, I'd be happy for Joyce to stay on the rookie list at this stage. Hopefully Austin gets his body right and gives us an option.

I think we’ll keep Brown for another year as insurance, especially if Carlisle leaves. We’ll have a very inexperienced backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
LOL you must know more than kelly then. he is literally on record saying it was down to two clubs.
I thought i had watched a Kelly interview where he said it was GWS or North, could be wrong

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I thought i had watched a Kelly interview where he said it was GWS or North, could be wrong

It was a HS article where the reporter wrote about Nth but Kelly didn’t mention them other than say he had the family connection.

I don’t really care what others think they know (not you) I’m very happy that my source is impeccable in the info he occasionally provides.

Which has been backed up by others on this forum with their own sources too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think we are a good chance of this happening:
OUT: longer, pierce
IN: goldstein, draper

we may look to rookie listing longer.

I don't mind keeping Longer if he's backup, rather than the future of our ruck division.
What do you suggest doing with Goldstein though?

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Trading Hannebery in hasn't worked so far but there's no doubt that he's exactly what we need/needed. I hope we look at a few others like him, older-ish guys that we can get on the cheap. We need to try to target midfielders desperately. Fact is we lost Koby Stevens a couple of years ago never bothered replacing him. I like Gallagher but last year he stated that we had a need for quick forwards. All well and good but our midfield is the desperate area of need.

Now granted, we weren't to know that our best mid would miss the entire season and the new recruit ditto. But last year in the draft and through trading we brought in 2 midfielders, one of whom was always going to miss the whole year (Bytel). It's not only hard for our firsts to compete, but our seconds are getting destroyed every week with such a weak engine room.

I hope at this stage we are looking at Steven and Hannebery returning and impacting as a bonus. That way we can go and address the clear need we have and if they do come back we will be better than we thought. I would seriously look at any midfielder over 25 that is going to improve our side. The chances of picking up elite midfielders is very slim, however there will often be guys around that can come in and make us better. Don't worry about targeting young midfielders, we have plenty of young players. More than anything, please don't bring in guys that aren't mids and say that they will be. The talk of Coffield playing midfield over the summer, how'd that go? We also said that Kent was coming over to play more midfield time... hmm.

Sorry to bang on about it but the midfield is the most important area on the ground and until we address ours we are going absolutely nowhere. Other areas of the ground I think we look pretty good. So anyway I'd be throwing coin at the following:
Shane Edwards
Kieran Jack
David Mundy

Would all three start in our midfield. You bet!

I like K.Jack. He’s still got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back