List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
StCicatriz do you have a source re Cogs mate?

pure guess work based on what's happened in the past. we publicly announce our interest in a player. we tend to be out of the running as soon as another big money offer pops up.

in this case i think we've worked out cogs aint happening. he will stay at GWS. so we've moved onto brad hill.

I don't mind keeping Longer if he's backup, rather than the future of our ruck division.
What do you suggest doing with Goldstein though?

i think they'll legit let marshall and goldstein battle it out for the number 1 spot. if marshall beats goldstein he plays ahead of him. or they may have a need for marshall playing forward or down back. both options.

its another variant of hickey vs longer.

i think they'll legit let marshall and goldstein battle it out for the number 1 spot. if marshall beats goldstein he plays ahead of him. or they may have a need for marshall playing forward or down back. both options.

Tricky one.
We all agree Marshall needs a chop out and we need injury insurance in the ruck. However, I dont want Marshall’s development slowed down because Goldstein wants to be #1 ruck, and I’m one that thinks Marshall should play ruck rather than forward.

With King (hopefully early next season), Bruce, Membrey and even Battle if need be, I don’t think we need Marshall forward.

I don't mind them as potential targets, but I don't see that they're any more A grade than Jones is....

Unfortunately we probably need to go for uncontracted Players to realign list , due to losing so many unforeseen.
circumstances , don’t have many draft picks either .

Longer - doubt he gets contract concussion & hip issues.
Pierce - gone
McCartin - gone for his own well being
Armitage - gone
Roberton - probably gone frustration for him, as looks in fantastic shape .
White - probably gone
Rice - probably gone
Rowe - gone
Brown - gone

What pick would we have been able to get Battle with?

The fact we got Gresham with 18 proves my point that splitting picks in an even draft isn't always a bad move. But i'm sure you'd the prefer Francis.

You are worried about trading out our future yet would prefer SPP over three players as he'd be 12 months ahead of Clark. Doesnt make sense.

SPP is a better player than Clark right now, he might not be longer term but the guessing who we would have taken based on where players went in the draft is not very accurate anyway. We might still have taken Clark with the Coffield pick. I can't remember the deal but if we did have a pick for battle it was because we'd blown the one from the year before on Freeman or something.

Kelly was a lot closer than most think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have been told we were
I thought i had watched a Kelly interview where he said it was GWS or North, could be wrong
correct and then there were another two clubs after that then us ... we were never in it with Kelly

Unfortunately we probably need to go for uncontracted Players to realign list , due to losing so many unforeseen.
circumstances , don’t have many draft picks either .

Longer - doubt he gets contract concussion & hip issues.
Pierce - gone
McCartin - gone for his own well being
Armitage - gone
Roberton - probably gone frustration for him, as looks in fantastic shape .
White - probably gone
Rice - probably gone
Rowe - gone
Brown - gone
Yeah agree. I hope Ratts is named and puts White in as I just have a feeling he'll come good, but will need some convincing to stay.

Brown should stay unless we can replace him.

We need to cut our cloth in terms of trades and FAs and keep pick 3.

Geary, Brown/Tomlinson, Wilkie
Savage/Coffield, Battle, Webster
Marshall, Steele, Jones
Billings, Ross, Hill
Gresham, Tomlinson/King, Martin
Lonie, Bruce, Membrey
Clark/Newnes, Hannebery/Dunstan, Acres/Sinclair, Kent/Long

Bytel & Kemp in the 'who knows but might be the answer' bucket

It's a side that could perform well enough that we might be able to attract a Coniglio-type in the future - it is no doubt the glaring missing piece in the lineup. I think it is probably more than we can hope for, but possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pure guess work based on what's happened in the past. we publicly announce our interest in a player. we tend to be out of the running as soon as another big money offer pops up.

in this case i think we've worked out cogs aint happening. he will stay at GWS. so we've moved onto brad hill.
Cog's old man still says he reckons GWS offer will be acceptable so i cant see him leaving on that

Thanks StC - I tend to agree with this summation but until it's definitive will hope!

Trading Hannebery in hasn't worked so far but there's no doubt that he's exactly what we need/needed. I hope we look at a few others like him, older-ish guys that we can get on the cheap. We need to try to target midfielders desperately. Fact is we lost Koby Stevens a couple of years ago never bothered replacing him. I like Gallagher but last year he stated that we had a need for quick forwards. All well and good but our midfield is the desperate area of need.

Now granted, we weren't to know that our best mid would miss the entire season and the new recruit ditto. But last year in the draft and through trading we brought in 2 midfielders, one of whom was always going to miss the whole year (Bytel). It's not only hard for our firsts to compete, but our seconds are getting destroyed every week with such a weak engine room.

I hope at this stage we are looking at Steven and Hannebery returning and impacting as a bonus. That way we can go and address the clear need we have and if they do come back we will be better than we thought. I would seriously look at any midfielder over 25 that is going to improve our side. The chances of picking up elite midfielders is very slim, however there will often be guys around that can come in and make us better. Don't worry about targeting young midfielders, we have plenty of young players. More than anything, please don't bring in guys that aren't mids and say that they will be. The talk of Coffield playing midfield over the summer, how'd that go? We also said that Kent was coming over to play more midfield time... hmm.

Sorry to bang on about it but the midfield is the most important area on the ground and until we address ours we are going absolutely nowhere. Other areas of the ground I think we look pretty good. So anyway I'd be throwing coin at the following:
Shane Edwards
Kieran Jack
David Mundy

Would all three start in our midfield. You bet!

Mundy would need a mobility scooter by next year. Edwards might still have little bit of footy left but not much of an upgrade.

SPP is a better player than Clark right now, he might not be longer term but the guessing who we would have taken based on where players went in the draft is not very accurate anyway. We might still have taken Clark with the Coffield pick. I can't remember the deal but if we did have a pick for battle it was because we'd blown the one from the year before on Freeman or something.
You were the one guessing mate.

The facts are we got 7, 29 and 39 for pick 10

Hardly "trading away our future".

And your argument that the player we would have taken in 2016 would have 12 months more development than the guy we picked at 7 makes a mockery of that argument.

You were the one guessing mate.

The facts are we got 7, 29 and 39 for pick 10

Hardly "trading away our future".

And your argument that the player we would have taken in 2016 would have 12 months more development than the guy we picked at 7 makes a mockery of that argument.

How we didn't get a pick 7 for pick 10 in the same year? Pick 7 was so Titch could go to the Hawks and we got their future first.

Perhaps calling it trading away our future is too strong but we are really good at making everything complex in trades and not actually getting much for it. We must spend a lot of time and energy on these hair brained schemes and are casual about the drafting part. Freeman was a bust, Steele hasn't come on and Hanners is looking like he's still banged up, three future seconds burnt. Traded out Hickey and now need to replace him as the rucks we kept are still no good. Stanley for Goddard seems to be replacing whet we already had developed in Stanley...a tall swingman.

I think you like to get upset with my pointing out what went wrong because it's easier than dealing with the reality.

Griff Logue dropped again from Freo ...... i havent spoken to him since he got drafted but i reckon he would be looking for a new home as he isnt getting many opportunities at freo ... also i hear he HATES playing a peel (rumour only)

your mail is spot on and he ain't alone. still can't believe the make the same mistakes over and over again. they re did the mcgoverns v3.0 with naughton.

Id love you to tell me what Goldy is going to bring us , sure experience but he wont be around when we are in the finals so all it will do is impede Roma's development, No way will we play Max , Roma and Bruce up forward at the same time

Id love you to tell me what Goldy is going to bring us , sure experience but he wont be around when we are in the finals so all it will do is impede Roma's development, No way will we play Max , Roma and Bruce up forward at the same time

might be similar to why WCE got Giles and Petrie. both of which are now development coaches.

Giles helped WCE win a pretty damn good final.

your mail is spot on and he ain't alone. still can't believe the make the same mistakes over and over again. they re did the mcgoverns v3.0 with naughton.
We’re obviously stacked for backs but I’d be pretty happy to facilitate a change of scenery for Logue- was really keen on him in his draft year. WA native though isn’t he?

might be similar to why WCE got Giles and Petrie. both of which are now development coaches.

Giles helped WCE win a pretty damn good final.
You were talking about him playing , anywho you can make up as many ideas as you like i still think its a waste of time getting goldy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back