2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodoro will want and be asking for a 1st rounder ~pick 15 l reckon such is the crazyness of him

Forget Parish and aim for Cockatoo. Injured, has pace and brings something different to midfield rotation.

Too injured and does he stilll even have the explosive pace after all the hamstring injuries?

Good point, no different to Lincoln in my view and Linc still has it - I'm hoping for the same from Cockatoo.

Nakia definitely brings something different to what Parish can offer - acceleration away from the pack.

You weren't 'promised the world' by the likes of Cupido, Brennan, Collier, Moody, etc.

Leigh Matthews said at the time that Brennan's debut was the best debut he's ever seen, I'd put that in the hyped category.

Pretty decent hype around Cupido for a short amount of time.

Don't even remember last 2 names.

Parish would offer more class and run both ways than what either Matho currently or Lyons offer. He's a smaller inside mid being pushed outside at Essendon. Definitely pushes one of Matho or Lyons out of the best 22, and probably adds more balance to the best 22.

If we could get Parish for our second round pick, that would almost be a no brainer of a trade.

Would make it harder for our younger kids to crack in to the first team, and we also have a decent inside outside mid in our academy to add to our midfield depth if we're still looking at adding midfield depth.

The talk about Cockatoo, I'm not sure he can run through the midfield, and I wonder if he offers anything different than what Keidean Coleman from our academy looks to offer from current NEAFL form.

I think if a lot of you guys were being promised so much by a tonne of 40+ picks, you might need to temper your expectations. We've definitely had some high pick disappointments, and obviously retention issues, but a player like Polkinghorne (94 games) or Sherman (114 games and end of first round compensation for trade) are not disappointments...

https://www.draftguru.com.au/picks

That's what you should expect on average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish would offer more class and run both ways than what either Matho currently or Lyons offer. He's a smaller inside mid being pushed outside at Essendon. Definitely pushes one of Matho or Lyons out of the best 22, and probably adds more balance to the best 22.

If we could get Parish for our second round pick, that would almost be a no brainer of a trade.

Would make it harder for our younger kids to crack in to the first team, and we also have a decent inside outside mid in our academy to add to our midfield depth if we're still looking at adding midfield depth.

The talk about Cockatoo, I'm not sure he can run through the midfield, and I wonder if he offers anything different than what Keidean Coleman from our academy looks to offer from current NEAFL form.
I don’t think parish takes Mathos spot outside midfielder that goes missing a lot that’s why he is in and out at the bombers.Matho predominantly inside mid and struggles outside.Different skill sets.I don’t know why Parish is so hyped on our board he doesn’t have any weapons to his game and is a c grader at best.

I don’t think parish takes Mathos spot outside midfielder that goes missing a lot that’s why he is in and out at the bombers.Matho predominantly inside mid and struggles outside.Different skill sets.I don’t know why Parish is so hyped on our board he doesn’t have any weapons to his game and is a c grader at best.
I don't get the hype either and don't see any stand out attributes in Parish's game that makes me want him to come here.

I think C grader might be a bit tough. Not a fan of him personally but I could see him becoming a regular contributor for someone (again not that keen on it being us though) closer to B than C I think, at least could be.

Maybe you misread my post. Parish is not an outside mid. He’s most definitely an inside mid, being pushed to the outside at Essendon.

He was an inside mid at U18 level, an an inside mid in his first year at Essendon when they had everyone suspended due to doping scandal. Then was pushed outside when Heppell and the other senior mids returned a year later.

The arrival of Shiel has restricted his opportunities even further.

Maybe you misread my post. Parish is not an outside mid. He’s most definitely an inside mid, being pushed to the outside at Essendon.

He was an inside mid at U18 level, an an inside mid in his first year at Essendon when they had everyone suspended due to doping scandal. Then was pushed outside when Heppell and the other senior mids returned a year later.

The arrival of Shiel has restricted his opportunities even further.

He's looked very good in the quarter or so I've watched todays game. If he got the opportunity to play an inside role in our team, I could see him being equally damaging receiving from Neale and co if he isn't the one winning the pill. Consistency is his challenge but agree it's hard to find consistency without getting the opportunity to play in the position you're best at.

Still thinking Proud could hav been anything, complete waste of talent.
Rhan Hooper too. Saw him kick four live against North at Docklands and he had all the tricks and pace too, but just didn’t have the application. He had the talent to be a 200 gamer.

It was one of his better games a late call up and got 21 disposals and made 5 tackles.His disposal still wasn’t great

I thought it was very good in the last two quarters. A bit rusty to start off though.

It was one of his better games a late call up and got 21 disposals and made 5 tackles.His disposal still wasn’t great
A fair bit better than some of his more recognised teammates though. Shiel, Smith and Heppell were terrible with their ball use.

He missed a sitter of a hand pass to a unmarked teammate in the goal square with little pressure, at a critical point in the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back