2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

KPPs are higher risk generally, not just with high draft picks. Ideally, you trade for them and use your picks on mids etc. In reality, you have to draft them and hope for the best.

Our two KPFs were drafted with pick 14 and 25. It would be interesting to see how this compares to other clubs - eg West Coast has a pick 4 and 27, Richmond has a pick 11 and 13, IIRC.

Hawthorns flag forwards were pick 4 and pick 5? At least until Franklin left. Most successful forwards are high draft picks. Carlton's Curnow and McKay are both top 15 picks

The fact that Essendon were regarded a top 4-8 side is a complete joke I haven’t seen a team play with less passion and I’ve been supporting Brisbane through all the low times.

How do we save parish from this mess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s been a trend of players who have requested to come over in the past couple years. Who do you believe (or somewhat hope) will request a trade over this year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1554027624126.png

We were trying to get Willem Drew last off season due to this connection. Didn't work out and he is looking pretty good already at port this year. I have to say, we have become very astute in picking our targets and sort of building retention based on family or player connections.

Hats off to Fagan and list management team, working beautifully so far.

I think taking a KPP with a high draft pick generally has a lower chance of working out, compared to midfielders and wingmen

Yes, but the reverse is also true - a KPP taken with a high draft pick generally has a much higher chance of working out than a KPP taken with a lower draft pick (assuming "high" means "closer to 1", and not vice versa like some people use just to confuse matters).

What quick small defenders are available for us? We need our own Nick smith or Rory Laird type player
Smith and Laird are very different types of defenders. One is a lock down defender who gives minimal attacking output but shuts out the opponent’s most dangerous small/medium forward. The other gets heaps of the footy but rarely plays on the gun forwards.

Smith and Laird are very different types of defenders. One is a lock down defender who gives minimal attacking output but shuts out the opponent’s most dangerous small/medium forward. The other gets heaps of the footy but rarely plays on the gun forwards.
We probably need a shutdown defender for the gun forwards. Players like Gray always kill us

I know thats why i said OR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Essendon were regarded a top 4-8 side is a complete joke I haven’t seen a team play with less passion and I’ve been supporting Brisbane through all the low times.

How do we save parish from this mess?

I feel a bit sorry for the bombers........imagine having to drive out to Tullamarine everyday. Hope Springfield is a nicer drive.

Really hope and think we should be going hard for Parish still think we lack another young elite mid and he is just currently being played out of position and not in the right situation, Linking him up with Mathieson, Berry and Hugh will be perfect IMO. Could get him for gold coast 2nd round pick as well.

Really hope and think we should be going hard for Parish still think we lack another young elite mid and he is just currently being played out of position and not in the right situation, Linking him up with Mathieson, Berry and Hugh will be perfect IMO. Could get him for gold coast 2nd round pick as well.
Not sure about Parish - if we can get him for a 2nd round pick or something then maybe.
Isn't his best position inside-outside mid?
Well we have a lot of inside mids so he probably wouldn't be played there, then that means he will be on the wing but l don't think he has enough pace to play there. I don't think he has any really special trick and not sure if he would ever become an elite player that is deserved of a pick 6 (or what he was). Obviouslly l trust our coaches if they decide to go for him.

Would be good to find some young talent just on the cusp of a breakout year.

Not sure about Parish - if we can get him for a 2nd round pick or something then maybe.
Isn't his best position inside-outside mid?
Well we have a lot of inside mids so he probably wouldn't be played there, then that means he will be on the wing but l don't think he has enough pace to play there. I don't think he has any really special trick and not sure if he would ever become an elite player that is deserved of a pick 6 (or what he was). Obviouslly l trust our coaches if they decide to go for him.

Would be good to find some young talent just on the cusp of a breakout year.

Yeah not sold on Parish- seems a bit vanilla like Aish. Perhaps Aaron Francis if he's out of contract. Was a Lions fan IIRC

Yeah not sold on Parish- seems a bit vanilla like Aish. Perhaps Aaron Francis if he's out of contract. Was a Lions fan IIRC

I saw Francis intercept mark a ball and kick it into the back of his own teammate no Thankyou

Parish’s disposal is elite and has got good breakaway pace when I’ve seen it. Been played out of position and generally believe new scenery could jumpstart his career!

I don't think we need to go the trade/FA table this year unless it is for absolute top end talent that is interested in coming to us eg. Stephen Coniglio.

I think there's merit in still looking at and pursuing all angles of making our list better. There is still value in bringing in guys who are on that fringe of your best 22 at the right price. We're starting to get some depth there with guys like cuts, Christensen and Robbo in the two's instead of first year draftees but there's still value in increasing the standard of that next 5-10 players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back