2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you trade for Martin? Send Gold Coast's Pick 19 back to them for Martin and Pick 51?
Suns have shown interest in Ben Keays. Ironic if they sign him as a delisted free agent.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of us pursuing Jack Martin. We're strong in all areas of the ground, but I'd say if we had a weakness it would be the wings. Linc can rotate through there but I don't think it's his best position. Him and Martin interchanging between wing and half forward might be what we need to get to the next level. I hope we get him unless we use all our trade currency for even bigger guns.

Worth a read for those who haven’t yet.
Interesting it mentions Corey Lyons likely to be delisted? Not sure what others thoughts are but I think he’s a gun who is very close to our best 22?
Can't really rate as close to best 22 a guy who hasn't played a senior match yet. Very likely the coaches would have tried him by now if they agreed with you.

Can't really rate as close to best 22 a guy who hasn't played a senior match yet. Very likely the coaches would have tried him by now if they agreed with you.
The coaches haven't been blooding anyone this year except Answerth. They have a settled best 22 and we have had no injuries to inside mids this year.

Interesting it mentions Corey Lyons likely to be delisted? Not sure what others thoughts are but I think he’s a gun who is very close to our best 22?
I kinda get the feeling that this is more of the writers opinions rather than fact.
But there is every chance that Corey May be

Corey Lyons is between a rock and a hard place. He’s got the current best 22, Matho and Keays ahead of him, and last years draftees coming on behind him.

He can’t play back, forward or wing.

What he’s got going for him, is the potential inside mids who are rated around our first pick really don’t offer anything different than what Corey already gives us.

However at our second pick there’s potentially Cooper Stephens from Geelong Falcons who’s been out all year with a broken leg. He projects to be another tall inside mid, whose game sits somewhere between JBerry and Ely Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCluggage & Robinson have dominated the wings for us in 2019. Significant part of our improvement.

Gav Martin would be a good get, but not due deficiencies we have on our wings.

To me Martin would probably take up Bundy's spot in the team and split rotations through the middle/wing with Linc. There's definitely a place for him somewhere.

I wouldn't want to pay anymore than GC's second round pick, and even then I think that's a bit much. Our second rounder is probably a bit unders assuming we go into week 3 of the finals.

To me Martin would probably take up Bundy's spot in the team and split rotations through the middle/wing with Linc. There's definitely a place for him somewhere.

I wouldn't want to pay anymore than GC's second round pick, and even then I think that's a bit much. Our second rounder is probably a bit unders assuming we go into week 3 of the finals.
I'm don't actually think Martin is better than Bundy especially in the role Bunday plays. Very little difference between the 2 stats wise but Christensen is much better and I can't recall Martin sprinting too often to put pressure on opposition players.

We keep hearing Martin will be a gun in a good team but I am yet to see him be very good in a poor team. Martin is one of the more overrated players in the comp in my opinion. I'd prefer we keep Cutler for another year and see if he can come good.

I'm don't actually think Martin is better than Bundy especially in the role Bunday plays. Very little difference between the 2 stats wise but Christensen is much better and I can't recall Martin sprinting too often to put pressure on opposition players.

We keep hearing Martin will be a gun in a good team but I am yet to see him be very good in a poor team. Martin is one of the more overrated players in the comp in my opinion. I'd prefer we keep Cutler for another year and see if he can come good.

The point about Bundy's role is pretty fair, and I agree when I think of Jack Martin I don't think of high tackling pressure. But I'll back in our coaches to get the best out of Martin if he comes here.

I still think Martin's a better player than Cutler but given the likely cost trade and contract wise of recruiting him I can see why some would want to go another route.

We're talking about the same Jack Martin who has 8 games of 6 or more tackles this year right? And 12 tackles this past weekend in the NEAFL. He's the one who doesn't have tackling pressure?

Sounds like Brett C has driven Johnny bananas!

We're talking about the same Jack Martin who has 8 games of 6 or more tackles this year right? And 12 tackles this past weekend in the NEAFL. He's the one who doesn't have tackling pressure?
He was playing for his new career at the Lions!
Dewy new this, which is why he dropped him back to the NEAFL!

Rumour about Jamie Elliot coming up to help him with his injuries I presume

I wouldn’t mind Elliot if we picked him up on the cheap, but seems like a downgraded version of Linc IMO. But I would back our medical staff to get him right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A mate that works at Champion Data has said that Jamie Elliot is definitely going to the Lions and that Coniglio is going to Hawthorn.
Mind you this bloke told me that Schache was going to Richmond (after he re-signed) and last year Wallis was coming to us.

I get the feeling that we're after Elliot, but he (his management) may be using us as back-up to get a better deal at Collingwood - word is that the Pies aren't offering much (years & $) which is probably fair considering his injury problems.

I've also heard that there is a running small defender (half back) that we're really interested in - he is interested in us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back