2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Developmental/young ruck is worth investing a decent draft pick on imo (depending on what other options are available). Big O is locked in to the forward/ruck role but once Stef retires at minimum we will need backup/competition with Archie and personally I think we could do with an upgrade.
Do you not think that Big O could move to #1 ruck and Ballanden to forward ruck

Jack Martin not even an emergency this week after playing well in the ressies. Must be 100% on the way out. I think he would thrive in our system on the HF flank. I'd be happy to give up Collingwood's 1st rounder for him. The talent is definitely there.

Jack Martin not even an emergency this week after playing well in the ressies. Must be 100% on the way out. I think he would thrive in our system on the HF flank. I'd be happy to give up Collingwood's 1st rounder for him. The talent is definitely there.

Must be. Not sure why Dew felt compelled to say Martin would play this week in last weeks presser.

Hay guys ...
Outstanding year thus far , we’ll done !!
Qu
Cedrick Cox has been floated as a player of interest to us .
Where’s he at ?
Seem to have slid down the pecking order of late , form , attitude or just others have gone past him ?
Cheers Dash

Maybe Jarryd Lyons could put in a good word for us with Jack, he may have some positive things to say about what a great environment it is at the Lions.

Hay guys ...
Qu
Where’s he at ?
Seem to have slid down the pecking order of late , form , attitude or just others have gone past him ?
Cheers Dash
Hi and thanks.

Now now dasher don't go showing an interest in our boy Cedric, he is one of our Untouchables. He had some personal time off during the year which disrupted his output but since coming back from that break he has been really good in the NEAFL, I'd be extremely surprised if we even considered moving him on, he has a huge upside, personally I think he would improve our side right now.

Hay guys ...
Qu
Where’s he at ?
Cheers Dash

That'll be 2 first rounders thank you

That'll be 2 first rounders thank you
Hi and thanks.

Now now dasher don't go showing an interest in our boy Cedric, he is one of our Untouchables. He had some personal time off during the year which disrupted his output but since coming back from that break he has been really good in the NEAFL, I'd be extremely surprised if we even considered moving him on, he has a huge upside, personally I think he would improve our side right now.
Cheers Jason .
I’d suspect with your response we inquired and you guys responded as a club in a similar way .
Cheers again and great luck in finals ..... I’m hitching to ya wagon !!

He has been listed as an out due to injury in the NEAFL. Perhaps he did pick up an injury in training. Or maybe he's just being shut down so his value doesn't drop any further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what we are seeing with Big O is that he is a really good forward/ruck, i wouldnt actually want him to change his role if Stef retired. Would be room for a ready to go ruckman in our side post Stef i think. Archie is still our backup/developing ruck and Ballenden kinda fills depth as the forward/ruck.

Would not mind us looking for a good mature ruck at all, if we are in our window we cant afford to have gaps in depth.

Hay guys ...
Qu
Where’s he at ?
Cheers Dash
I think some of the Hawks talk comes from the guys who commentate the NEAFL as they started calling him "Silk". "Silk junior" or the "next Silk". He has had a break this year for family reasons but is back now. He really is a bit of silk with his ambidextrous kicking and in the NEAFL he has that extra time so looks great. In his early stints in the 1's he didn't adapt really well to the speed and his disposal was sloppy but a year on now he looks better. he is also playing more up the field and can run either way and kick goals, none of this trying to get back onto his preferred foot. He is friends with Berry and McCluggage and was recruited with them in our push to bring 'groups' of players to the club that know each other. I think he has lots of upside and with an uninterrupted pre-season we will see him pushing the door down. You cant have him after I've given him a wrap.

We are linked to Ceglar in this piece: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08...-big-hawk-the-latest-to-join-the-merrygoround

Personally would not be a fan of this move - if Ceglar was 25/6 then maybe, but I don't see him as better than Big O and has less upside at 28.
I said way back somewhere we would be after a ruckman to replace Steph, if the merry go round is going this year it might be worth sticking our hand up given we are a bit of a destination. We can wait until next year but wouldn't be surprised if Archie becomes part of that merry go round.

What about Archie, surely he's ready to step up next season which will be his 7th year on our list, if he's not ready now I don't think he ever will be.

If we go down another ruck path, Ceglar would be a fair enough get though, he's OOC this year so he would come relatively cheap.

What about Archie, surely he's ready to step up next season which will be his 7th year on our list, if he's not ready now I don't think he ever will be.
Hasn't looked impressive either at AFL or NEAFL level this year. His one really good NEAFL game was when he pushed forward and slotted four goals. I don't think that's enough to feel confident that he's our long term ruck.

Wylie Buzza is an interesting name from that article above, wasn't he in our academy? I wonder if he'd be better or worse than Archie.

Hasn't looked impressive either at AFL or NEAFL level this year. His one really good NEAFL game was when he pushed forward and slotted four goals. I don't think that's enough to feel confident that he's our long term ruck.

Wylie Buzza is an interesting name from that article above, wasn't he in our academy? I wonder if he'd be better or worse than Archie.

Buzza hasn't shown that much and he hasn't exactly been stuck behind a gun ruck.

The only thing I remember about him is that there was a poster on here (maybe a relative?) who got super mad about us not taking him in the draft and derailed a thread for a month or so.

If Buzza can't get a game with the Cat's, not sure he will get one with us.

If we go down another ruck path, Ceglar would be a fair enough get though, he's OOC this year so he would come relatively cheap.

I don't see the point of Ceglar - would be great injury cover for sure, but surely he would have to be offered reasonable coin or a fair few years as there might be starting opportunities at other clubs. He's better than Archie atm but is he worth paying more than Archie when he will be the 3rd choice ruck out of 4?

The sort we should be looking at would be Ladhams at Port (though obviously he isn't available) - a 21-25 year old with upside. If we feel we need a mature option to replace stef we have the 2020 trade period to do that as well.

Wouldn't mind Ceglar personally. Though with Stef re-signing, less of a need. I see O being second ruck for most of his career because of how effective he can be up forward. He is a good ruck as well, but not every ruckman has his skill in the forward 50 to take marks and kick clutch goals. Ceglar I think might show we aren't convinced that Archie is going to make it at AFL level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back