2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Brayden Sier didn't make Collingwoods round 1 team. He comes out of contract this year. I can't see how he would be on much money at Collingwood given their list. I think he would be a worthwhile target for us.
They also have Adams to return still. Lot of competition for spots in that midfield

I see Brayden Sier didn't make Collingwoods round 1 team. He comes out of contract this year. I can't see how he would be on much money at Collingwood given their list. I think he would be a worthwhile target for us.

Not sure inside mid is a big need for us with Lyons, Neale, Matho and Berry already in the team and Rayner, Smith and Starcevich developing.

In terms of our own OOC players, I would like us to prioritise re-signing Matho, Cuts, Mcstay, N Robbo and Ballenden (very weird to me that he hasn't got an extension yet!). While Cuts and N Robbo are currently out of the team they have played regular senior footy and offer things others on our list don't so I would hate to lose them just as they get to prime football years.

Lewy Taylor is one who I want to watch a bit this year first before we do anything with him - he has to work on the defensive side of his game.

Stef, Walker, M Robbo, Bundy and Sam Skinner are others potentially worth re-contracting depending on form and team needs.

Also would be a good idea to lock in early extensions for Hippy, J Berry and Witho (out of contract end of next year).

Not sure inside mid is a big need for us with Lyons, Neale, Matho and Berry already in the team and Rayner, Smith and Starcevich developing.
Hard to believe this statement can be made in 2019 from where we were 2016/17.
I still think Sier might end up being better than Lyons and is better than matho. Also brings finals experience and didn't disgrace himself on the big stage with 20 odd disposals.

In terms of our own OOC players, I would like us to prioritise re-signing Matho, Cuts, Mcstay, N Robbo and Ballenden (very weird to me that he hasn't got an extension yet!). While Cuts and N Robbo are currently out of the team they have played regular senior footy and offer things others on our list don't so I would hate to lose them just as they get to prime football years.

Cutler and McStay are the two I really want locked away early. I did speak to McStay's parent at the draft function in Melbourne last year and I'd be shocked if he didn't re-sign given how much he is enjoying his time at the club. As for Cutler, he is the one I'm most hopeful of re-signing.

Hard to believe this statement can be made in 2019 from where we were 2016/17.
I still think Sier might end up being better than Lyons and is better than matho. Also brings finals experience and didn't disgrace himself on the big stage with 20 odd disposals.

If he comes very cheap then it might be an option but it's not worth spending too much to get a small upgrade on Matho.

Going to be interesting to see who gets linked to us this year. No doubt that we are more of a destination club now, and whilst i don't expect the flood gates to open, i would expect another 1 or 2 players. No doubt we would have already put some work into some target players as well.

I feel we will be active in this area as we have had that major focus on the draft. Zac Jones is one out of contract that I think would be a good get and would be a second rounder. Not entirely over who is in and out of contract but what is a contract these days anyway.

I feel we will be active in this area as we have had that major focus on the draft. Zac Jones is one out of contract that I think would be a good get and would be a second rounder. Not entirely over who is in and out of contract but what is a contract these days anyway.

Zac Jones and Harry Himmelburg would be my top 2 options. Parish intriguing but I expect him to stay in melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a trade but as there's no need for a Free Agency thread I'd like to see us target Stephen Coniglio, if we show definite signs this year of being a premiership threat over the next 5+ years he may consider it. You never know if you don't ask ie. Lachie Neale.

Zac Jones and Harry Himmelburg would be my top 2 options. Parish intriguing but I expect him to stay in melbourne.

Parish would be the perfect mid to compliment our list. Plus he's best mates with Matho. Make it happen!

What is Parish worth? Early second rounder?

With Essendon as a trading partner, probably that. Having said that he hasn't set the world on fire.

I'd still expect him to re-sign with Essendon or stay in Melbourne though, think we would have more luck with players already interstate like Z Jones (though he could go back to Melbourne if he leaves) or especially Himmelburg (pretty sure his folks still live in QLD).

Going to be interesting to see who gets linked to us this year. No doubt that we are more of a destination club now, and whilst i don't expect the flood gates to open, i would expect another 1 or 2 players. No doubt we would have already put some work into some target players as well.
We were to an extent this year based largely on potential. Of course if we don't start to realise that potential, we will cease to be an attractive proposition. It's why I think winning 8 to 10 games this year is imperative.

I wonder where someone like Parish would sit in our midfield pecking order? I probably think no better than 5th or 6th.

I quite like him as a footballer though.

Pretty far down I think. He got dropped at least once last year and I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't play round 1 this year either (teams haven't been named yet but some essendon supporter have him as an emergency).

I think with him you would be looking more at potential than his recent form. If he ends up in the VFL for a fair bit of this year his trade price would really start to drop even further you'd imagine.

I just had a scroll through the OOC players on every list, of interest-
Brayden Sier (21 years old).
Taylor Adams (25).
Darcy Parish (21).
Nakia Cockatoo (22).
Harrison Himmelberg (22).
Stephen Coniglio (RFA 25).
JOSH KELLLY :D(24).
Bailey Dale (22).
Jade Gresham (21).

Hmmm, maybe with Coniglio and Kelly needing a bigger slice of the pie maybe someone like Himmelberg could be a possibilty. I do like Sier as well and Gresham. Wonder what our cap looks like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back