2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This keeps popping up on here but I'm believing it less and less. The one to lose at this point would be McStay but I'm in the 'he'll re-sign soon' park.
I am not sure about this one until I see it official!
He has looked a tad off the last couple of weeks IMO!
Hopefully we get an announcement soon so he can relax and play with the Monkey off his back!

I am not sure about this one until I see it official!
He has looked a tad off the last couple of weeks IMO!
Hopefully we get an announcement soon so he can relax and play with the Monkey off his back!

He has. I was hoping against the dees it was flu related and against the Giants he was struggling with having to do the ruck duties but the second efforts haven’t been consistent enough and without kicking goals that puts him back into being possibly dropped. Probably lucky no key forwards in the 2s are performing and there’s no need to change our structure while it’s working.

Against the Giants there was one piece of play where up and allowed a giants player to run forward of the play and receive a handball.

He has. I was hoping against the dees it was flu related and against the Giants he was struggling with having to do the ruck duties but the second efforts haven’t been consistent enough and without kicking goals that puts him back into being possibly dropped. Probably lucky no key forwards in the 2s are performing and there’s no need to change our structure while it’s working.

Against the Giants there was one piece of play where up and allowed a giants player to run forward of the play and receive a handball.

There was a couple of good pieces of play from him though against the Giants. One he marked at half back. Quickly kicked it to Bundy on the wing and then took a contested mark at half forward. Also in the lead up to the Bailey goal he was in a marking contest on the wing and then ran deep forward and could’ve marked it if Bailey didn’t.

If we are thinking of the same play McStay had just busted his gut to get to the wing to put pressure on and then outnumbered it was swept away, i'd say he had no tickets left for another effort.

I was initially against the idea of drafting boxes in which a draftee was either dead or alive, thinking it just another TV gimmick... but the thought of Carlton trading for GWS's unopened box after two years turned me around on it.
I can't imagine that the AFLPA would be pleased with the vials of poison... Sounds more like a PETA stunt.

Greg Swann on SEN yesterday with Sam McClure.

Sam- Are you in a position with your salary cap to go after another A grader?

Greg- Yer we have plenty of room, yer.. we've got capacity, we'll see what's out there and see if they want to come here.
giphy.gif

Following up from Swann's interview, I have heard that we do have another elite player coming our way (lined up).
Interesting to see who it could be.

And its not B Ellis - he will stay in Melbourne, whether that's Rich or another Victorian Club.
Could be a player from a Melbourne club who wants to get out of the footy bubble and move to the land of sunshine and roses.

Following up from Swann's interview, I have heard that we do have another elite player coming our way (lined up).

And its not B Ellis - he will stay in Melbourne, whether that's Rich or another Victorian Club.
While I like Ellis I wouldn't think he's in the elite category or players.

Clayton Oliver come on down!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill is happy in Perth, his wife that is from Melbourne is having homesickness issues; not sure how Hill and his wife coming to Brisbane solves any of their issues.
They can both be home sick together, team goals!

Hill is happy in Perth, his wife that is from Melbourne is having homesickness issues; not sure how Hill and his wife coming to Brisbane solves any of their issues.

Brisbane is closer to Melbourne than Perth is. It's a compromise.

Could be a player from a Melbourne club who wants to get out of the footy bubble and move to the land of sunshine and roses.

I have also noticed many ex-players in the media sphere comment that Fagan is the kind of coach that players would love to develop under. Seems we have a destination coach on our hands. Not to mention grand finals appearances on the horizon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back