2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate that works at Champion Data has said that Jamie Elliot is definitely going to the Lions and that Coniglio is going to Hawthorn.
Mind you this bloke told me that Schache was going to Richmond (after he re-signed) and last year Wallis was coming to us.

I get the feeling that we're after Elliot, but he (his management) may be using us as back-up to get a better deal at Collingwood - word is that the Pies aren't offering much (years & $) which is probably fair considering his injury problems.

I've also heard that there is a running small defender (half back) that we're really interested in - he is interested in us.

Zac Williams :praying::praying::praying:

A mate that works at Champion Data has said that Jamie Elliot is definitely going to the Lions and that Coniglio is going to Hawthorn.
Mind you this bloke told me that Schache was going to Richmond (after he re-signed) and last year Wallis was coming to us.

I get the feeling that we're after Elliot, but he (his management) may be using us as back-up to get a better deal at Collingwood - word is that the Pies aren't offering much (years & $) which is probably fair considering his injury problems.

I've also heard that there is a running small defender (half back) that we're really interested in - he is interested in us.

Sounds like those 2 were happening at one point but didn't. .

Don't need Elliot though.

Players we are linked to on BF;

Elliott - no
Greenwood - no

Martin - yes

Zac Williams - YES

Edit - Williams is our own dream speculation and wonder if the running HBF could be Zac Jones which would be a yes and if it’s Jayden Hunt then a no and a no for Ellis. Did you get all that Nobes!

Last edited:

Worth a read for those who haven’t yet.
Interesting it mentions Corey Lyons likely to be delisted? Not sure what others thoughts are but I think he’s a gun who is very close to our best 22?

It’s an opinion piece I wouldn’t say it’s what is likely to happen. Just some blokes opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where was this?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also says Ceglar will be with us. Wouldn't be the worst get as a depth ruck option. Jamie Elliot at his best can be a very dangerous forward. With us being linked to both Elliot and Martin it would appear our coaches would like another dangerous forward option to add to the mix. Not overly keen on Elliot, however, if we got his body right and he was fit and firing he is super talented and capable of kicking 30+ goals. I have a feeling the club would prefer Martin and are probably scoping out how much it'll take to acquire him trade wise. Jamie Elliot may be a back up option as someone we could get for free as a free agent if Martin is too expensive at the trade table.

Zac Williams :praying::praying::praying:
It is hard to think of many other players that'd suit us as well as he would. He'd compliment our current side perfectly and slot straight in as another AA level player. If the club identify him as the perfect player for us, I could see us going hard for him with Swann saying we have money in the cap. Fagan/Noble may work their magic. He's only 24 so entering his prime from next year and is quietly putting together a career best season this year. He'd be another addition on the level of Charlie/Neale.

Last edited:
Also says Ceglar will be with us. Wouldn't be the worst get as a depth ruck option. Jamie Elliot at his best can be a very dangerous forward. With us being linked to both Elliot and Martin it would appear our coaches would like another dangerous forward option to add to the mix. Not overly keen on Elliot, however, if we got his body right and he was fit and firing he is super talented and capable of kicking 30+ goals. I have a feeling the club would prefer Martin and are probably scoping out how much it'll take to acquire him trade wise. Jamie Elliot may be a back up option as someone we could get for free as a free agent if Martin is too expensive at the trade table.

Martin wouldn't be worth that much. Perhaps tell the Suns to keep their second pick should do it

Ceglar and Elliot are just horrible.

Both would barely get a game in our NEAFL team let alone our ones. Pass on both with a 1,630 km pole.

Ceglar and Elliot are just horrible.

Both would barely get a game in our NEAFL team let alone our ones. Pass on both with a 1,630 km pole.

Neither particularly excite me. Don't see Ceglar getting a game unless OMac's injured with present list and hardly an inspiring Stef replacement for when he hangs up the boots. Elliot can play when not injured but our forward line is already very dangerous with plenty of variety and scoring options. Who does he push out? I suppose if Linc and Rayner begin spending higher minutes in the midfield next year onwards it helps ensure the forwardline is still full of dangerous options whilst one rotates through the mids but wouldn't be high on my list of priorities. Guess the fact that he'd be free would be appealing.

Who do we leave out for this running small defender? Bailey? Because I'm struggling to see who we'd drop from Harris, Darcy, Adams, Answerth, Hodge, Rich and Witherden.
If the speculated player is in fact Zac Williams we may look to play him as a midfielder. He's been playing as a mid for GWS as of late and tearing it up through there.

If the speculated player is in fact Zac Williams we may look to play him as a midfielder. He's been playing as a mid for GWS as of late and tearing it up through there.

Williams is just wishlist stuff at this stage - as far as I know there has been no reporting on him going anywhere at all and he is contracted for next year. But he would be absolutely perfect type to bring in.

Is he? All the noise is that he wants to keep going one more year because he's loving life. Perhaps if we win the flag he'll want to go out on a high, but otherwise he might continue.

I don't think it is conclusive either way but I think the recent commentary is that it is more likely that he retires. Even if he plays on we should still be interested in recruiting a quality small/medium defender - I don't think we could expect Hodge to play any more than half the games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back