2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL.com.aus Trade news has popped up talking about Nick Robertson on their podcast thing tonight, heading home maybe?
Nick is sick of being beaten up on Big Footy no doubt by the lions supporters so he is outa here. He is an elite trainer and would set good standards where ever he goes I think he could play a tagging the role in a number of clubs. Good luck to him i hope he does get a decent contract.

Your thoughts - If you a team running 15th and have some players in reserve grade not getting a game their value is pretty low. If your a team on top of the table with some players unable to force themselves in for regular games is the value increased. The Lions have jumped 15 spots on the ladder do we thing someone we might have got pick 65 for might now be worth pick 50? I recognise the higher the pick the less any change might be and a first rounder might only move 1 space. Would cutler, Robertson and Lester have increased in value say about 10 draft picks. (might answer my own question and just say clubs trade only on 'need' anyway)

Your thoughts - If you a team running 15th and have some players in reserve grade not getting a game their value is pretty low. If your a team on top of the table with some players unable to force themselves in for regular games is the value increased. The Lions have jumped 15 spots on the ladder do we thing someone we might have got pick 65 for might now be worth pick 50? I recognise the higher the pick the less any change might be and a first rounder might only move 1 space. Would cutler, Robertson and Lester have increased in value say about 10 draft picks. (might answer my own question and just say clubs trade only on 'need' anyway)

In a word, no.

I think for some their stocks may have risen a little, but for others, probably not.
I think for the players that have played a bit and played well, like Walker and Lester you might get a little more for if they were to leave.
But players like Lewy, Cuts and Nick Robbo their stocks have probably fallen? Unless if Lewy comes in this week and plays a blinder and keeps his position for the finals?

I think some of our players would have some value, but with many of them not breaking into the senior team it no doubt limits it. NRobbo isnt a bad player, and i think a team who might need a tough run with player might find value with him. Squiz would be a good get, i think likewise Cutler who in the right team could do well.

Something else to think about after this season is the intel and ip these players bring. Team like the Suns might like someone like Robbo would could give them some details on what we are doing off the field combine with just being a tough player to play a role and give the younger bodies a chop out. Culture wise you know the players will be good also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clickbait, what? This one caught me out earlier this week given our matchup:

Star Tiger set for surgery, season likely over

Hint: it's Sydney Stack. Maybe he makes Richmond's top 15 players, but that means we're looking at at least 200 stars across the competition.

Thoughts on Matt Crouch could be an option with Adelaide expected to have a big Trade period
There continues to be scuttlebutt about one of Crouch brothers being up for trade, I can't say I have much of a recollection re which is which and what they play like.

Who is the better brother and what sort of game style does each play?

There continues to be scuttlebutt about one of Crouch brothers being up for trade, I can't say I have much of a recollection re which is which and what they play like.

Who is the better brother and what sort of game style does each play?
Both pretty inside arent they? And both big ball magnets. Brad was the higher rated as a junior but Matt has caught up or been better for much of his career

I'd prefer Brad Crouch. Has had a great year this year after being out with injury all of last year. Doesn't get as many disposals as Matt, but is more damaging and is a bit quicker. More defensive pressure from him too.

Both pretty inside arent they? And both big ball magnets. Brad was the higher rated as a junior but Matt has caught up or been better for much of his career
Matt’s a ball magnet with a crazy tank, a better Rockliff that actually extracts the ball from a contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the rumors are correct about the Crows going full rebuild mode this off season I can definitely see us being in the mix for a player from there with the David Noble and Charlie Cameron connections. Maybe the Crouch's don't want to go through a rebuild and would like to go to a club in their "window".

Who would you say has the better disposal? Matt is also a little younger so he may be the one to go after if we are going to go after another near Neale/Cameron level talent this off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back