2019 Trade thread

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah that one instance of a far quicker player burning him off is going to haunt him for the rest of his career.

This is how I view Witho.

Let's say most draftees in his draft pick range amd type come in at a 3/10.

Witho burst on the scene as a 5/10 (caught us all off gaurd)

Most third year players would have worked up to his responsibility and output by now and you would be saying 'they are tracking nicely'.

Witho came in at 5 and is still a 5 - so we got way more than anyone expected to now, just ahead of time.

But because he isn't a 7 yet, which he shouldn't be, people are getting cranky.

He can still become a 7 or 8 - he is just developing differently. He is being marked like a 100 game player.

We need to chill. He has a high footy IQ, lovely skills is a passionate loyal Lion and is only just getting started.
Not to mention these guys have all been given roles, some of which might not be their natural way, so they are learning their role aND getting out coached and outplayed at times, in the experience they've gained from this year guys like Witho are still tracking nicely in a way

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question has anyone actually seen Ah Chee play what would be the difference between him and Cox who I've seen a lot at NEAFL level
I've seen him a few times and he's one of those guys who looks like he could be good.

He just hasn't been able to shake off injury. On what I've seen I'd rate him a bit higher than Cox , but Cox is fairly immature physically and development wise so who knows what you get with him with a couple of decent pre seasons and a clear focus on footy.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I took a little potshot at Witho. People still going on about the GWS guy.. Get over it
Said a few times has smart footy IQ. I rather him up the ground kicking into forward 50. Rather then out of back 50.
I see him as someone who gets the ball and puts it in the right place. Rather then someone to lock a guy down.
In a few years he probably prove me wrong and still playing back..
Rich seemed lost a bit when he was pushed back to HB, now hard at it and attacks, spoils marks gets himself in the right spots.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can't see us giving up 21 for Ah Chee who is out of contract.
Due to some injuries he played 1 senior game (R 13) in 2019. Not sure if he played any NEAFL.
Our pick 46 + an out of contract player, say Keays or Eagles or anyone else that may suite the Suns. I think Eagles would do well in their defence.
Other than that our pick 34.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've seen him a few times and he's one of those guys who looks like he could be good.

He just hasn't been able to shake off injury. On what I've seen I'd rate him a bit higher than Cox , but Cox is fairly immature physically and development wise so who knows what you get with him with a couple of decent pre seasons and a clear focus on footy.
I hardly say cox is physically immature, have you seen him this year he has put on a heap of muscle and towards the later part of the season understood more how to use the extra bulk. Agree he has a little way to go to fully utilise his skill being ambidextrous but he really progressed in the last few games once he got back from the family business in WA. And i watch every NEAFL game this year either live to those online.

Fagenslions36

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I took a little potshot at Witho. People still going on about the GWS guy.. Get over it
Said a few times has smart footy IQ. I rather him up the ground kicking into forward 50. Rather then out of back 50.
I see him as someone who gets the ball and puts it in the right place. Rather then someone to lock a guy down.
In a few years he probably prove me wrong and still playing back..
Rich seemed lost a bit when he was pushed back to HB, now hard at it and attacks, spoils marks gets himself in the right spots.
How do you know he has a great footy IQ what do you base that off ? .When I see him shank kicks straight into the corridor for a turn over I wouldn’t call that footy genius stuff.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hardly say cox is physically immature, have you seen him this year he has put on a heap of muscle and towards the later part of the season understood more how to use the extra bulk. Agree he has a little way to go to fully utilise his skill being ambidextrous but he really progressed in the last few games once he got back from the family business in WA. And i watch every NEAFL game this year either live to those online.
Yeah ,what I meant by that is that he as yet hasn't learn how to use it and inject physicality into his game on what I've seen but I didn't see many of the NEAFL games in full. But I guess it'll come.

How do you know he has a great footy IQ what do you base that off ? .When I see him shank kicks straight into the corridor for a turn over I wouldn’t call that footy genius stuff.

What is your example of a player with good football IQ?

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question has anyone actually seen Ah Chee play what would be the difference between him and Cox who I've seen a lot at NEAFL level
Main differences I'd say is Ah Chee is better 1 on 1, more physical, and also an aerial threat, can take a big grab.

Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tell them to rack off . What a joke been hand gifted picks to the detriment of the competition and they trying to haggle us over a player who has been riddled with injury.

mb8msge.png

Dodongo

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I really hope we don't lose N Robbo. I know some on here aren't huge fans but he tries his guts out and is a great clubman.

Dodongo can't see Nick Robbo leaving unless he wants to. Dodongo can see him sign a one year extension and then going next year if he cant get a permanent place in the team. We are only bringing in Ah Chee, Birchall, Yolman, 3 or 4 draftees.

4 or 5 need to go as Bastinac and Hodge are gone. Taylor and Cutler are going to be traded then Dodongo can see 2-3 delistings.

Dodongo is hopeful Nick Robbo sees the team isn't changing that much and that he is a good shot to be a regular.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Who's that coleman guy in the academy.
Must have a lot of confidence in him that your passing on attempting to lure key forwards.

He’s not a key forward. We’re probably more banking on O-Mac, McStay and Hipwood to continue their development as Key Forwards. Marcus Adams might start to spend more time forward and Skinner might start getting developed more as a forward.

I feel as though a Key Forward might’ve been a target if there was a decent one on the market.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He’s not a key forward. We’re probably more banking on O-Mac, McStay and Hipwood to continue their development as Key Forwards. Marcus Adams might start to spend more time forward and Skinner might start getting developed more as a forward.

I feel as though a Key Forward might’ve been a target if there was a decent one on the market.
Noble mentioned Daniher as being someone we were interested in but he apparently Doesn't want to come to Brisbane

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Noble mentioned Daniher as being someone we were interested in but he apparently Doesn't want to come to Brisbane

Pretty much what I thought might’ve been the case in my post that you quoted. Not sure how we’d possibly come up with the currency to land someone like him either.

Back