2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely hope Squiz goes well in Sydney - no ill feelings towards the bloke, he's just not been at the level needed to get into our seniors this past season.

Love squizzy, heart and soul Lion. Came here after the go home 5 and planted the flag along with a few others. Thought he would stay TBH and would have loved him to see some sucsess after getting ppunished all of those years, but obviously the club don't see him as part of the future - that's ok too, the blade is getting sharpened a little.

I've always been on the Lewy bandwagon, I think the angles he runs and movement he creates is a huge bonus for any team; sure lacks a little defensively but so do most. As previous posters said, watch him thrive in Sydney (not sure about the small ground though). Best of luck champ!

Good luck to Lewis at Sydney. He was fun to watch when he was on, hope he can be best 22 and play for years to come, and the only poor reviews he gets are in all games he plays against us.

Great for him to get a three year deal.

The SEN article talks about him as a Papley replacement, but he's much more outside than Papley.

I will be sad to see Lewy leave. Did the hard yards and now we are coming out the other side he won't be a part. Ruthless industry at times. Has plenty of ability and wouldn't surprise me if he does really well at Swans. I thought he played an excellent game against the Hawks this year and it looked like he had grasped what was required under Fagan but he got injured and that was the last we saw of him and I think both parties knew where it was heading.

I think we can also appreciate during the tough years under Leppa that Lewy gave us something to be proud about as a club when he won the rising star and more importantly beat the Bont and pissed off every Dogs supporter for eternity.

Good luck Squizzy.

I will be sad to see Lewy leave. Did the hard yards and now we are coming out the other side he won't be a part. Ruthless industry at times. Has plenty of ability and wouldn't surprise me if he does really well at Swans. I thought he played an excellent game against the Hawks this year and it looked like he had grasped what was required under Fagan but he got injured and that was the last we saw of him and I think both parties knew where it was heading.

I think we can also appreciate during the tough years under Leppa that Lewy gave us something to be proud about as a club when he won the rising star and more importantly beat the Bont and pi**ed off every Dogs supporter for eternity.

Good luck Squizzy.

There is a common misconception amougst fans that he had a break-out game against Hawks, then got dropped again. It's a good point you raise. He played poorly against Carlton then injured himself after the bye, then we just kept winning and had no injuries.. he might have established himself in the back half of the year otherwise.

I think we would have only offered him a 1 year contract, that's where the club would have thought it was a good idea to look around.

It will be interesting to see if we can get some upgrades on our later picks with Taylor robbo and cuts.

Say Taylor and 52 for Sydney's 25 or their pick in the 40s. Sorry if it's been mentioned. Haven't been able to keep up with All this.

It will be interesting to see if we can get some upgrades on our later picks with Taylor robbo and cuts.

Say Taylor and 52 for Sydney's 25 or their pick in the 40s. Sorry if it's been mentioned. Haven't been able to keep up with All this.

That pick 52 to 40 might be roughly in the rhelms of whats possible. Don't mind it.

Was really hoping to hold on to lewy, and one i think we may regret in the future. Was probably only a long term injury to charlie or linc away from getting a good run and cementing a spot. Sad to see him go. I got a feeling he didnt want to go, read something 3/4 way thru season saying he wanted to stay, loved the club and wanted to be part of the success ahead. But if we were only offering 1yr, if anything, and he can get 3yrs at the swans good on him. Will be watching him with interest.

I do think he is worth a mid 2nd to mid 3rd round pick. He has been very durable, relatively injury free. His best is game changing, exciting to watch. Has a lot to offer the swans if he is used purely as a sm fwd i think. Report in herald sun i think saying we a holding out for a 2nd rnd pick. Hope we get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players considering moves elsewhere:

Taylor - looks like going to Sydney. Likely gone.
Cutler - noises about Essendon. Some likelihood of leaving, otherwise the club have offered him a contract, and reports that he'd accept it if no other deals made.
A Smith - a few clubs apparently sniffing around. Lower likelihood of leaving, and contracted.
Robertson - early interest from GWS, but no recent noises. If other clubs go cold, I'd imagine he'd get a 1 year offer from us. Certainly has the skills to be AFL quality, and even if he's currently thought of as depth, we've proven that we're looking for depth, and that Nick is certainly not far off.

Of them, I think we'll get most for Cutler, but still not a lot. I think Taylor and Cutler go. I wouldn't mind Archie going, and I'd love to keep NRobbo. Interesting to see how the next few days play out.

Dont see ho Taylor is worth sinificantly less than Ah Chee. Taylor was RS winner, incredibly durable and very experienced. Ah Chee was a highish draft pick (althouh Taylor was 20 something), and very very injury prone.
For me, it's the 3 years age difference. I'd say that we know roughly where Taylor's potential is. Ah Chee has a significant amount more untapped. I still don't see it being a huge amount of difference.

Dont see ho Taylor is worth sinificantly less than Ah Chee. Taylor was RS winner, incredibly durable and very experienced. Ah Chee was a highish draft pick (althouh Taylor was 20 something), and very very injury prone.

I think the fundamental difference is.. Goldcoast preferably want to hold onto Callum and we have told Lewey to look elsewhere.

Robertson - early interest from GWS, but no recent noises. If other clubs go cold, I'd imagine he'd get a 1 year offer from us. Certainly has the skills to be AFL quality, and even if he's currently thought of as depth, we've proven that we're looking for depth, and that Nick is certainly not far off.

With all due respect, Nick’s skills are borderline average; probably below that. He’s one you’d rather not have ball in hand. If you mean tagging skills then yes, demonstrated against GWS he does possess them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back