Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I have it all worked out. Foolproof off-season strategy (credit: BF's finest):

1. Sakc all of our spuds (players not named Cripps or Charlie)
2. Sack all of our coaches, especially Bolts
3. Recruit only A graders and convince the other clubs to take way unders for them
4. Recruit a top coach that is in no way still developing, himself, who will be able to make every player perform at 100% every week.

See - easy. I don't know why the club hasn't already done this. Sakc the board too. Except juddy of course.

I have it all worked out. Foolproof off-season strategy (credit: BF's finest):

1. Sakc all of our spuds (players not named Cripps or Charlie)
2. Sack all of our coaches, especially Bolts
3. Recruit only A graders and convince the other clubs to take way unders for them
4. Recruit a top coach that is in no way still developing, himself, who will be able to make every player perform at 100% every week.

See - easy. I don't know why the club hasn't already done this. Sakc the board too. Except juddy of course.

Hmm.

You seem completely rational and make a number of good point. You are now King of CFC. Go forth and spread the good word.

Would love Kennedy to pack on 5-7kgs of muscle as well. Feel he's going to improve a hell of a lot with some extra strength and size. He doesn't move as well as someone like Cripps, but he's got a decent inclination to bulldoze his way through.

Paddy Dow is another who will break out next year with some extra size and conditioning.

Can't reiterated enough how much our midfield structures and movement need to improve. * it makes me cringe watching two players run to the same spot to receive and inadvertently slow us down.

We're desperate for speed so lets hope we can bring some of that. Speed and body strength. For those already there...

Silvagni - Best attribute is his hands but his worst is his lack of strength. Positions well to use his body but gets beaten by all. Needs to build the tank and really get it done in the gym. Shoulder problems of the past may have restricted him. He lacks that ability to push off, hold ground and shift players and make space for himself.

Dow - Needs to build his tank and add some strength. Needs to fix up his kicking as it's a real concern of mine. Great ball handler and strong for his age. Physical development, endurance and kicking.

Murphy - He's declining as a player but he needs to focus more on his running. Physical stuff is past him so he needs to develop as a genuine outside running machine while trying to keep strength in his shoulders.

O'Brien - Needs to build his tank. He's delivered some massive quarters and halves on the wing but so far no 4 quarter efforts. Build some size and keep building the running and cement a spot on the wing. Love his skills.

SPS - Body strength and size for his role is still a little light and an improvement in running will help. Very skilled player who needs to develop consistency.

Simpson - Had an outstanding season and leads the way with his attack on the contest, just needs to look after himself and keep himself fit and lean.

Kennedy - If we get a strong midfield I see him playing a lot of VFL if he doesn't improve. Nowhere near fit enough, needs to work on his running because he's slow and doesn't go hard all day. Needs to do what Cripps did and get a professional running coach but also needs to improve shoulder strength like Cripps has. For a big boy he's not super strong like he should be but he has had shoulder issues.

Kreuzer - Just needs to keep himself fit and not stack weight on.

Cripps - He's at the top of his game, just needs to keep it going.

McKay - Improvement is excellent. Hopefully see him come back a bit fitter and a bit bigger and stronger.

Kerridge - No questioning he is fit, it's why he's on an AFL list because his skills are poor. Needs to keep on top of his ball handling under pressure and his disposal under pressure. Speed is an issue.

De Koning - Excellent start to his career. Just needs to build fitness, size and strength and start getting more time in the ruck. Working on his judging and flying for the ball in the air is a key factor as well.

Lamb - Needs to keep working on his ball handling as he's not naturally clean. Positioning as a defender as well needs work. Could be stronger in the shoulders. Could afford an extra kilo or two in weight.

Jones - Just needs to keep doing his thing and learn to work with the other defenders. Could probably focus on strength a little more now he's more a full back line defender.

Docherty - Hopefully he comes back fit, I think he will as he's been training and won't miss preseason.

Lang - Could do with some size but he needs a preseason too. Should be thinking elite endurance and tackling.

Rowe - He's in peak fitness really, just needs to keep doing his thing.

Mullett - If he's still there, just needs to learn to attack and run off more.

Schumacher - Just needs to build his body and his running and debut.

Plowman - Needs to work on his speed, ground balls and mobility. Needs to improve his running so he runs both ways more.

Garlett - Needs to get stronger and learn to chase and pressure more.

Marchbank - Needs to work on basic defending and perhaps add a little size. Already a good runner.

Weitering - Think he's got stronger this season but needs to be stronger than the big AFL forwards. Needs to work on kicking under pressure.

O'Shea - If he goes again he needs to get a lot stronger because one on one he get beaten a lot.

Fisher - Just needs to add a little more size. Excellent season. Probably can afford not being real big.

Macreadie - Needs to step into Rowe's position. Needs to add a fair bit of size and graduate to playing on the bigger forwards and then learn how to use his body. I think we will see him start to graduate into that big defender role.

Lobbe - Pretty serviceable, just needs to get his running going strong because he's a ruck and a little slow.

Cuningham - Needs to get really fit and build his body. Needs to add a tougher harder edge to his game and be able to run hard and both ways all day.

Polson - Needs to get his body really strong and keep building his running ability so he can chase really hard for four quarters. Important for little blokes to have strong shoulders.

Curnow - Another solid preseason on the track and in the gym will be good for him, probably doesn't have a great deal of physical building to do.

Williamson - Just needs to get his body built up and his endurance built so he can be a hard 4 quarter runner.

Graham - He's probably getting the most out of himself, if he's still around he just needs to work really hard.

Pickett - Needs to get stuck into professional football now, drop some weight and really improve his running. Get in the gym and condition his body and start adding chasing, efforts and pressure to his game and not letting defenders run off him.

Phillips - Just needs to get really fit.

Ed - He's the leader in fitness at Carlton, what can you say.

Kerr - Needs to develop his running. Looks a naturally well built and strong player but his running needs a lift.

Byrne - Strength is good, just needs to really develop his running. Perhaps no time off, just needs to keep what he has built recently going. Need him covering a lot of ground next season.

Thomas - Finally fit. As an older guy he needs to look after himself, do a lot of conditioning in the gym and on the bikes but needs to get as much running in as he can in the preseason. Ease off after that. What ever he is doing it's working.

Casboult - Needs to drop a stack of weight, employ a running coach and focus mostly on running ability and agility or it's his career gone I feel. Probably has a future at another club.

Wright - Needs to develop his running as well. Strong enough but his running I feel could lift.

Lebois - If he's still there, a big off season in the gym and plenty of running. Needs to get physically stronger and push to play more wing.

McDaid - Needs to make up for lost time and get really fit, lots of handling the footy.

Would love Kennedy to pack on 5-7kgs of muscle as well. Feel he's going to improve a hell of a lot with some extra strength and size. He doesn't move as well as someone like Cripps, but he's got a decent inclination to bulldoze his way through.
So long as them ankles can carry the weight yes.They gotta get that right first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS we are at the bottom because nobody goes our way
SAAD
SMITH
SHIEL
and they got a killer list already

something has to happen......before we become a permanent frankston of the Afl

Yeah, you need to lie down and breathe....:cool:

Last edited:

Paddy Dow is another who will break out next year with some extra size and conditioning.

Can't reiterated enough how much our midfield structures and movement need to improve. **** it makes me cringe watching two players run to the same spot to receive and inadvertently slow us down.

I don't think Kennedy needs to bulk up, what he needs to do is find the running Coach Cripps went to in the break between the 2014 season and 2015 pre-season.

We're desperate for speed so lets hope we can bring some of that. Speed and body strength. For those already there...

Silvagni - Best attribute is his hands but his worst is his lack of strength. Positions well to use his body but gets beaten by all. Needs to build the tank and really get it done in the gym. Shoulder problems of the past may have restricted him. He lacks that ability to push off, hold ground and shift players and make space for himself.

Dow - Needs to build his tank and add some strength. Needs to fix up his kicking as it's a real concern of mine. Great ball handler and strong for his age. Physical development, endurance and kicking.

Murphy - He's declining as a player but he needs to focus more on his running. Physical stuff is past him so he needs to develop as a genuine outside running machine while trying to keep strength in his shoulders.

O'Brien - Needs to build his tank. He's delivered some massive quarters and halves on the wing but so far no 4 quarter efforts. Build some size and keep building the running and cement a spot on the wing. Love his skills.

SPS - Body strength and size for his role is still a little light and an improvement in running will help. Very skilled player who needs to develop consistency.

Simpson - Had an outstanding season and leads the way with his attack on the contest, just needs to look after himself and keep himself fit and lean.

Kennedy - If we get a strong midfield I see him playing a lot of VFL if he doesn't improve. Nowhere near fit enough, needs to work on his running because he's slow and doesn't go hard all day. Needs to do what Cripps did and get a professional running coach but also needs to improve shoulder strength like Cripps has. For a big boy he's not super strong like he should be but he has had shoulder issues.

Kreuzer - Just needs to keep himself fit and not stack weight on.

Cripps - He's at the top of his game, just needs to keep it going.

McKay - Improvement is excellent. Hopefully see him come back a bit fitter and a bit bigger and stronger.

Kerridge - No questioning he is fit, it's why he's on an AFL list because his skills are poor. Needs to keep on top of his ball handling under pressure and his disposal under pressure. Speed is an issue.

De Koning - Excellent start to his career. Just needs to build fitness, size and strength and start getting more time in the ruck. Working on his judging and flying for the ball in the air is a key factor as well.

Lamb - Needs to keep working on his ball handling as he's not naturally clean. Positioning as a defender as well needs work. Could be stronger in the shoulders. Could afford an extra kilo or two in weight.

Jones - Just needs to keep doing his thing and learn to work with the other defenders. Could probably focus on strength a little more now he's more a full back line defender.

Docherty - Hopefully he comes back fit, I think he will as he's been training and won't miss preseason.

Lang - Could do with some size but he needs a preseason too. Should be thinking elite endurance and tackling.

Rowe - He's in peak fitness really, just needs to keep doing his thing.

Mullett - If he's still there, just needs to learn to attack and run off more.

Schumacher - Just needs to build his body and his running and debut.

Plowman - Needs to work on his speed, ground balls and mobility. Needs to improve his running so he runs both ways more.

Garlett - Needs to get stronger and learn to chase and pressure more.

Marchbank - Needs to work on basic defending and perhaps add a little size. Already a good runner.

Weitering - Think he's got stronger this season but needs to be stronger than the big AFL forwards. Needs to work on kicking under pressure.

O'Shea - If he goes again he needs to get a lot stronger because one on one he get beaten a lot.

Fisher - Just needs to add a little more size. Excellent season. Probably can afford not being real big.

Macreadie - Needs to step into Rowe's position. Needs to add a fair bit of size and graduate to playing on the bigger forwards and then learn how to use his body. I think we will see him start to graduate into that big defender role.

Lobbe - Pretty serviceable, just needs to get his running going strong because he's a ruck and a little slow.

Cuningham - Needs to get really fit and build his body. Needs to add a tougher harder edge to his game and be able to run hard and both ways all day.

Polson - Needs to get his body really strong and keep building his running ability so he can chase really hard for four quarters. Important for little blokes to have strong shoulders.

Curnow - Another solid preseason on the track and in the gym will be good for him, probably doesn't have a great deal of physical building to do.

Williamson - Just needs to get his body built up and his endurance built so he can be a hard 4 quarter runner.

Graham - He's probably getting the most out of himself, if he's still around he just needs to work really hard.

Pickett - Needs to get stuck into professional football now, drop some weight and really improve his running. Get in the gym and condition his body and start adding chasing, efforts and pressure to his game and not letting defenders run off him.

Phillips - Just needs to get really fit.

Ed - He's the leader in fitness at Carlton, what can you say.

Kerr - Needs to develop his running. Looks a naturally well built and strong player but his running needs a lift.

Byrne - Strength is good, just needs to really develop his running. Perhaps no time off, just needs to keep what he has built recently going. Need him covering a lot of ground next season.

Thomas - Finally fit. As an older guy he needs to look after himself, do a lot of conditioning in the gym and on the bikes but needs to get as much running in as he can in the preseason. Ease off after that. What ever he is doing it's working.

Casboult - Needs to drop a stack of weight, employ a running coach and focus mostly on running ability and agility or it's his career gone I feel. Probably has a future at another club.

Wright - Needs to develop his running as well. Strong enough but his running I feel could lift.

Lebois - If he's still there, a big off season in the gym and plenty of running. Needs to get physically stronger and push to play more wing.

McDaid - Needs to make up for lost time and get really fit, lots of handling the footy.
Well written, no Graham though.
Thanks

Pickett seems position less ATM.
He doesn't seem to be a high possession winner, but can be very damaging with a dozen or so.
I'd like to see him groomed for a back pocket position this preseason and work on the defensive side of his game. I see him potentially playing a Neville Jetta style role with more run out of defence like Adam Saad.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back