Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

tencentpiece

All Australian
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
BSOS is already better than JSOS. I think BSOS put a lot of effort into academics in the last two years and focused on that more than football and now he is relishing being able to focus solely on football. Will be interesting to see how JSOS responds when his younger brother gets picked ahead of him.

Fasolo a good chance to win our goal kicking this year. Supporters are going to absolutely love him as a player and personality.

BSOS is already better than JSOS. I think BSOS put a lot of effort into academics in the last two years and focused on that more than football and now he is relishing being able to focus solely on football. Will be interesting to see how JSOS responds when his younger brother gets picked ahead of him.

Fasolo a good chance to win our goal kicking this year. Supporters are going to absolutely love him as a player and personality.

Looks as though he knows it, also. :)
Seems pretty satisfied with himself the way he goes about things.

Where do you think BSilvagni will be played though? Backline?

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a fluff session, butsome good things showing up.
We have to get Cunningham into the starting 22 somehow.
Just has a killer first few steps and a brilliant side step

If Cuningham can get some continuity I’m hoping he can fill the void that Murph/Ed leave once they are gone retired.

Anything can happen though, Ed is that fit he may play another 4-5 years, Murph May continue as a small forward once we have a little more depth through the middle.

Really hoping Cuners can be a big part of the new age mid brigade with Dow, Walsh, Setters, Bam Bam, LoB, Fish, SPS and Stocker with the big Crippa at the forefront. It really is an exciting time to be a bagger

Last edited:

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton

I went along with my daughter yesterday and couldn't be more impressed with Fasolo. I can't recall him missing a set shot. Looked really happy being out there. If he stays injury free will surprise a few. Has a bit of Fev about him. (The good part).

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
If Dow gets this part of his game down consistently = game over for the league.

I’m gonna say the way he bursts from a pack with power and leg speed reminds me a little of a Dangerfield/Treloar type player. If he ends up getting remotely close to those blokes as a player then consider my tent pitched.

In my best Borat voice “I’m very excite”

If Cuningham can get some continuity I’m hoping he can fill the void that Murph/Ed leave once they are gone retired.
Anything can happen though, Ed is that fit he may play another 4-5 years, Murph May continue as a small forward once we have a little more depth through the middle.
Really hoping Cuners can be a big part of the new age mid brigade with Dow, Walsh, Setters, Bam Bam, LoB and SPS with the big Crippa. It really is an exciting time to be a bagger

Arr0w made a very good point of utilizing Cuningham as a run with player. I like that idea a lot, although seeing him on the wing excites me more.
Cuningham has quick reflexes and can apply good pressure. Possibly one of those players that even though he may not have had many touches, can tally up lots of pressure acts through the course of the game. We'll see what Bolton has in store for him, but it's going to be a tough gig getting first bite at things this year as long as they don't start going down like they did last year. He looks good though....for what that's worth at this point in time.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
First time I have seen a lot of BSOS live. Early days but he is impressive. Looks more athletic and talented than his brother. Seems like hiding him may have worked well. Could get a game or two late in the season and that would be incredible.
Off course hiding him worked, pick ....... 70.:p:p

I went along with my daughter yesterday and couldn't be more impressed with Fasolo. I can't recall him missing a set shot. Looked really happy being out there. If he stays injury free will surprise a few. Has a bit of Fev about him. (The good part).

He missed one pass wildly, trying to pin-point BSilvagni :)
He was good and I like the fact the players were utilising low punchy kicks, where Fasolo fared very well.
Newman goes OK also.

Just on the point of kicking, we do have some good kicks starting to develop and come through now.
I understand that game day hasn't always brought that about, but if Russell does clock up the fitness base, we may start seeing the good kicks, kicking well for longer into the game.

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I’m looking forward to Fasolo playing havoc on the forward line. Really hope he does well and enjoys his footy, not just for the clubs sake but for his own health and well-being.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Just another name that gets lost a bit in discussion. If he can step up we will be so much better. Same for Phillips Goddard Polson Jack Garlett Kerr Lang Jones LeBois Schumacher

My thoughts exactly. I am more interested in the unexpected breakout. If by year end we have one or a few of Polson, Cunningham, Lang, Macredie, Garlett, Pickett (Very Unlikely), Kerr, Schumacher and JSOS for example become a lock for best 22 say in our top 15. Would be an awesome achievement for our coaching staff.

You expect Dow, Fish, McKay etc to become very good. But it's the unexpected that makes our club contenders.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
B.Silvagni is an interesting one.
On face value , taken with a nothing pick and a free throw at the stumps so to speak.
However , not unreasonable to think the club may have had him on a very slow burn to this stage and opposition clubs just thought what is the point of them drafting a Silvagni anyway.
He looks to have a frame that will develop nicely to AFL level in time and reports are he carries a confidence that good AFL players do.
If he has also inherited that special competitivness , there is plenty to work with going forward.
Curnow , McKay and McGovern should form a formidable forward line for some time so Silvagni might well ply his trade in defence.
Weitering , Silvagni and Marchbank with Plowman as a jack of all trades type defender form a very strong defence along with Docherty and Williamson on the flanks.
A small defender to replace Simpson is the final piece of the puzzle.
Exciting time to be navy ...

Murph could easily be doing career PBs in his running times he looked that good. I wouldn’t put a B+F beyond him. Watch out Crippa.

For Murph to finish ahead of Crippa this year he's going to have to finish 0th in the Brownlow....

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
First time I have seen a lot of BSOS live. Early days but he is impressive. Looks more athletic and talented than his brother. Seems like hiding him may have worked well. Could get a game or two late in the season and that would be incredible.

Are we looking at a KPD player in BSOS? If so, last line or CHB material from what you gleaned?

tencentpiece

All Australian
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks as though he knows it, also. :)
Seems pretty satisfied with himself the way he goes about things.

Where do you think BSilvagni will be played though? Backline?

Could see him playing fwd as the third tall early on, especially if McGovern doesn't get his body right. I guess he could play backline, but he looked a little lost when he played there last year. Again it's hard to tell if that's because football wasn't his focus or if he isn't comfortable there. If he can improve on his gut running then he could play a similar role to CCurnow up the ground. Plenty of work to do yet though.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Dat ball-drop tho :hearteyes:

Training%2011-1-16.jpg

mjonc43

Premium Platinum
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think BSOS might be a Robbie Tarrant type long term. Tall athletic key back with good footy IQ. Tarrant is a bloody good player so if he could get anywhere near that level it would be a huge result. Loving the positive commentary filtering through about Ben.

Did we use stem cells to grows his limbs back?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting. I just see key back. Tarrant was a huge slow burn (failed forward etc). Tall athletes can essentially be moulded into quality KPDs if they have any footy smarts (Jones an example of a guy on the cusp, though I personally have a lot of faith in him).

Regardless, I had zero expectations of BSOS so it’s interesting that he’s made a good early impression.

Back